Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by KFWA
if people hate Ohio, its because we don't have any place to vacation so we invade other states that do

Lake Cumberland in Ky makes jokes about the "Ohio Navy" that over takes them in the summer with people bringing their boats down

Smokey Mountains and Western Michigan are similarly invaded. Ohio people are good tourists

The Caroliña coast is eat up with Ohio during the summer. Never had issue with any of those folks, though.

probably because everywhere we go we say "wow, this is so much better than Ohio!"

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Southern Wisconsin hates illinois. I hate that place. The place is so politically corrupt that many leave the state for Wisconsin. I met many people that got out of there . They seem nice. I'm not sure how they vote but likely vote conservative since many I have met come to our church.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Didn't know Texas hates us Okies, we don't bother anyone, much............................grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And here I thought it was only Wisconsin that dislikes the Illinois (noisers, fips...) folks. It wouldn't be so bad if they acted civilly when they go up north every weekend. That alone, the fact that they want to leave so badly, should tell you something. No, it is that they bring their me first attitudes with them and it is out of our way cheese heads, we are here to recreate. We had some noisers build their place right next to ours up at the lake and they have managed to alienate everyone within miles with their attitude. The wife is ready to put a "For Sale By Neighbor" sign in their yard. My sister's boys are from Minnesota and they wore their Viking stuff to a game at Soldier Field and barely got out of there without a fist fight. Then they took in a game up at Lambeau dressed the same way and they remarked that you guys are actually nice up here.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by moosemike
Its accurate for PA. The closest we come to hating a state is NJ.

New Jersey and New York are wearing pretty thin on us too. They want to move here, but they don’t want to become Carolinians.

I get it. I've lived in NC and I saw how it is.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish everybody hated North Carolina

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA
if people hate Ohio, its because we don't have any place to vacation so we invade other states that do

Lake Cumberland in Ky makes jokes about the "Ohio Navy" that over takes them in the summer with people bringing their boats down

Smokey Mountains and Western Michigan are similarly invaded. Ohio people are good tourists

They don't always go back home. When I lived in NC it seemed like every other person was from Ohio.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Everyone hates Texas.

True.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Everyone hates Texas.

True.

If that is true, why do some growing chit holes like Austin and several others attract liberal yankees like a bull's nuts attracts flies?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Everyone hates Texas.

True.

If that is true, why do some growing [bleep] holes like Austin and several others attract liberal yankees like a bulls nuts attracts flies?

All part of the leftist lib attack and destroy plan, is it any wonder why a """""Transplanted""""" yankee bitch named wasserman-schultz is representing the good folks of Florida?

Trump Won!
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Virginia hates NOVA

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Everyone hates Texas.

True.

If that is true, why do some growing [bleep] holes like Austin and several others attract liberal yankees like a bulls nuts attracts flies?

All part of the leftist lib attack and destroy plan, is it any wonder why a """""Transplanted""""" yankee bitch named wasserman-schultz is representing the good folks of Florida?

You're not wrong there......... I've long been in favor of walls on both the southern and the northern borders of Texas.

Most wets who cross the river can't afford to go back home after getting a job here. Its the same with the northern immigrants who come here and find economic opportunity that they can't find at home either. I just wish that the northern immigrants would leave their politics back where they came from, but tthat's not the usual pattern. At least those who cross the southern border aren't bent on making thing "bettter" in Texas like they think that it is back home.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m in Alaska & we must hate all y’all

As we look down our noses & refer to the “lower” 48 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
Everyone hates Texas.

True.

You're not wrong there......... I've long been in favor of walls on both the southern and the northern borders of Texas.

Most wets who cross the river cant afford to go back home after getting a job here,. Its the same with the northern immigrants who come here and find economic opportunity that they cant find at home either. I just wish that the northern immigrants wuld leave their politics back where they came from, but tthat's not the usual pattern.

Yessir, and You're exactly right in your assessment of the situation as well.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I’m in Alaska & we must hate all y’all

As we look down our noses & refer to the “lower” 48 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well duh, we're all S/SE of you.................you have to look down to see us! grin

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Everyone hates Texas.

True.

If that is true, why do some growing chit holes like Austin and several others attract liberal yankees like a bull's nuts attracts flies?

The South in most cases is run by conservative governors which in turn promotes industry and therefore jobs........and Yankees gotta eat just like everyone else. Trouble is that many insist on attempting to turn the South into the same kind of schithole they were fortunate enough to escape. Please notice I said many and not all.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Upstate NY vs. NYC

“Factio democratica delenda est"
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RJY66
Everyone hates Texas.

True.

The South in most cases is run by conservative governors which in turn promotes industry and therefore jobs........and Yankees gotta eat just like everyone else. Trouble is that many insist on attempting to turn the South into the same kind of schithole they were fortunate enough to escape. Please notice I said many and not all.

I agree, but a northern wall would sure help.........

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 4winds

but the rest of KY doesn't really care about anyone else but KY, they believe they are the true South. The rest of the states south of KY really don't know where KY fits in regarding North vs. South.

The western part of Kentucky where I grew up is very much like the south. The central part of the state gets a lot of cultural influence from Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati and isn't all that much like the deep south,..but it definitely isn't like the north.

Even so, there's small towns in Central Kentucky that are very southern in their cultural orientation,...such as Cynthiana in Harrison County.

Much of Kentucky is still rural,..and it's small enough that the people here still retain a sense of community with fellow Kentuckians outside of the big urban areas.

In fact, I think a similar mindset is common throughout many of the southern states. We're our own people down here in the southeast.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJY66

Yep, most of them want the perks that the South has to offer, but they have trouble leaving their Yankee identity behind. I had a neighbor, a transplanted Yankee try and tell me why the state he had left, Pennsylvania, was so great and Kentucky was found lacking. I then said to him.............if you liked it that well there, why did you move here? He didn't answer, and over 25 years later, is still here.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 3,062 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,614
Posts18,532,941
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.