Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Been all over the country... to every state...

I don't hate any state....but I'll admit, on many states, I have issues with those that run the government in those states.. ( democRATs)... in states that have a large metro area, or are refuges for immigrants from other countries, especially from south of the border, or the Caribbean.. I don't care for a lot of those people regardless of where they came from... I tend to act toward people the exact way they act toward me.. urbanites anywhere just seem to think they are better than people who aren't urbanites....

if ya push me, yeah, I think less of people at times who are from Maryland...

but that is because I am from Virginia...they taught us that in school I think.... Marylanders look down on us...

and ya don't trust people from North Carolina...that's a Virginia thing also they taught ya in school..
but that is a left over from the Civil War thing.. they hoarded all the supplies, and left other states troops without much
while they used everyone else's supplies...kinda like relatives who come to visit and never leave until they used all your stuff.

Folks who hate other states, are usually hating the people from there, and the clowns that run the other state..

each state themselves there is a good reason to like each one when ya visit.. well minus urban areas...

( this is full of humor in case someone needs that explained to them...)

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by 4winds

but the rest of KY doesn't really care about anyone else but KY, they believe they are the true South. The rest of the states south of KY really don't know where KY fits in regarding North vs. South.

The western part of Kentucky where I grew up is very much like the south. The central part of the state gets a lot of cultural influence from Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati and isn't all that much like the deep south,..but it definitely isn't like the north.

Even so, there's small towns in Central Kentucky that are very southern in their cultural orientation,...such as Cynthiana in Harrison County.

Much of Kentucky is still rural,..and it's small enough that the people here still retain a sense of community with fellow Kentuckians outside of the big urban areas.

In fact, I think a similar mindset is common throughout many of the southern states. We're our own people down here in the southeast.

The western part of Kentucky, in particular, the Jackson Purchase and the counties along the Tennessee border, were very pro-Confederate in their sympathies. This part of the state tried to secede, and formed Confederate capitals in Russellville and then in Bowling Green. Today, we still think of ourselves as being Southern, and to be honest, have far more in common with our neighbors to the South than we do with the northern and eastern parts of Kentucky.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't hate VA, I just hate VA drivers that go slow and block the left lane.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by 4winds

but the rest of KY doesn't really care about anyone else but KY, they believe they are the true South. The rest of the states south of KY really don't know where KY fits in regarding North vs. South.

The western part of Kentucky where I grew up is very much like the south. The central part of the state gets a lot of cultural influence from Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati and isn't all that much like the deep south,..but it definitely isn't like the north.

Even so, there's small towns in Central Kentucky that are very southern in their cultural orientation,...such as Cynthiana in Harrison County.

Much of Kentucky is still rural,..and it's small enough that the people here still retain a sense of community with fellow Kentuckians outside of the big urban areas.

In fact, I think a similar mindset is common throughout many of the southern states. We're our own people down here in the southeast.

The western part of Kentucky, in particular, the Jackson Purchase and the counties along the Tennessee border, were very pro-Confederate in their sympathies. This part of the state tried to secede, and formed Confederate capitals in Russellville and then in Bowling Green. Today, we still think of ourselves as being Southern, and to be honest, have far more in common with our neighbors to the South than we do with the northern and eastern parts of Kentucky.

You would find a lot in common with the rural part of central Kentucky that's in the triangle between Lexington, Louisville, and Cincinnati.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Where I grew up in Western Kentucky, I could be in Illinois in 15 minutes (even sooner if the bridge was closer) Missouri in about 45 minutes, and Tennessee in an hour.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I’m in Alaska & we must hate all y’all

As we look down our noses & refer to the “lower” 48 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well duh, we're all S/SE of you.................you have to look down to see us! grin

Hell gunner this time o year we have to scrape frost off of our lashes to see anything ! 🤷🏻‍♂️🤔🤦🏼‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hate FIBS....

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by akpls
Originally Posted by auk1124
https://digg.com/2020/which-state-hates-which-state-map

1. Why does California and Alaska hate Texas? Texas might as well be a world away from Alaska in particular. I figured they would hate Washington.

When the big oil boom hit Alaska many years ago it brought a lot of Texans, along with their big egos, north....and they rubbed the locals the wrong way. The saying went something like,

"Happiness is a Texan headed south with an Okie under each arm."

I remember that as a bumper sticker in the 70s.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Do the Canadian Provinces hate each other? Everyone in Ontario think Quebec sucks?

On one of my trips driving through Canada back the AK, I used a stall at a cafe in BC.

Penned on the stall wall was a little poem:

Here I sit
My ass hole hurtin’
Cause I just chit
Another Albertan

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I saw this one in a port a john the other day.

Here I sit cheeks aflexin
Givin birth to another Mexican

Not very nice, huh?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by viking
We don’t like Minnesota

Could have fooled me. Every weekend in the summer it's a bumper to bumper chitshow of NoDak plates flooding in to MN to their lake homes, clogging up every public water access and fishing over the limits.

Must not hate it too bad.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I don’t hate any other state.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Slope77
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Wonder why the Dakotas hate each other?

It's a North vs. South thing.

I didn’t know that we did?

I didn't either, that was a parody on the whole civil war "north vs south" thing.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
I don’t hate any other state.

There are some I like more than others..............and some a lot more so too.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
As we look down our noses & refer to the “lower” “lesser”. 48 🤷🏻‍♂️

wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

As we look down our noses & refer to the “lower” 48 🤷🏻‍♂️

Watch out or we'll sell you back to Russia.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Idaho hates California because they've been infesting us with their vermin for years. They're fine if they leave their liberal crap behind them but many don't. They also drive the housing market up because they can sell a house in CA for $800k and buy a better one in ID for half that.

I think Oregon and Washington have the same thing going.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Do the Canadian Provinces hate each other? Everyone in Ontario think Quebec sucks?

On one of my trips driving through Canada back the AK, I used a stall at a cafe in BC.

Penned on the stall wall was a little poem:

Here I sit
My ass hole hurtin’
Cause I just chit
Another Albertan

Didn't Quebec try and secede once or twice?
I think that was where California liberals got the idea.
Speaking of did anyone hear the interview with the CEO of Palantir railing against the Palo Alto "We know better" types?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
It's just not states. Counties hate each other too.

I have relatives in Nebraska. Their license plates indicate what county they live in.

Steady stream of dialogue "That car/tuck is from effin' (pick your county). They don't know how to drive."

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Most wets who cross the river can't afford to go back home after getting a job here. Its the same with the northern immigrants who come here and find economic opportunity that they can't find at home either. I just wish that the northern immigrants would leave their politics back where they came from, but tthat's not the usual pattern. At least those who cross the southern border aren't bent on making thing "bettter" in Texas like they think that it is back home.

I can't speak to yankees but the assertion that an illegal can't afford to go back and forth is false.

They can and have for generations.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

349 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1_deuce, 50 invisible), 15,090 guests, and 1,303 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,104
Posts18,541,838
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.