For index, Eclipse Holsters are great

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by JOG
Bill,

Speaking of holsters, I ordered a hybrid kydex from Remora which should arrive in a week or two. The backing on the holster is the same sticky stuff on the regular Remora offerings. I'm hoping the holster will split the weight between the waistband and t-shirt/underwear like the regulars which is miraculous.

I've been experimenting with the RFT and micro the last couple months and I like them a lot, not perfect, but definitely owning a niche. The hybrid might be the best of all.

Remora Carbon Carry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sounds good................let me know how you like it, might be a step up from the regular version.

I've more or less made Remora my EDC holster for quite a while..........works well, cheap & multiple guns can use the same holster.

MM

The Remora Mini Carbon showed up...meh. It's probably destined for the holster bin, but I'll give it a few days just in case.

For those that don't know, Remora makes the IWB 'sticky holsters' which have a place in the world. They're sticky on both sides which sorta splits the weight between the waistband and the shirt, unlike a regular IWB that tugs solely on the belt. The pistol just carries lighter. The Mini Carbon is an IWB hybrid that has a kydex half shell with a clip and the sticky material on the back of the leather portion. It sounds good - the weight is split between the clip and the sticky material, but also offering the advantage of kydex.

To be blunt, the holster is poorly executed. I can only complain $42.50 worth, but I would have happily paid more for the idea plus some craftsmanship. As you can see in the photo below the muzzle protrudes from holster, and since hybrids don't retain very well, a bump on the muzzle will tend to unseat the pistol. Also, too much of the trigger guard is exposed. The leather is cheap, the clip is cheap, and the kydex is cheap, so it's good the boogered clip screw was included for free. It's possible the kydex is cut better for other pistols, but the cheap remains.

The sticky stuff:

The P365 is a very easy pistol to carry. In contrast to the Mini Carbon, Desantis shows how tidy things can be for about the same money.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here goes, I'm bending over, kick me.

I have an Uncle Mikes kydex paddle I bought to carry my G19
for quick on/off use. It has ended up being my choice for
outdoors use instead, after a fishing trip ended up soaking a leather holster.

No real complaints. It stays put, and holds the gun tight.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 49 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,582
Posts18,473,355
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.