Campfire Kahuna
W
Not in this day, and age.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Conservatives were created by God, liberals evolved from a cross between a monkey and a jackass............it's just that simple.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
For years I have been pondering the ultimate proof of creation. I found it. Whether one accepts it or not does not change the fact any more than saying gravity doesn't exist. The proof is that Absolute morality exist.

The Bible says it, that is proof enough for me. Looking for proof is just an excuse for those without faith.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I have all the proof I need.

Do you believe in talking snakes?

They evolved...

Carpe' Scrotum
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
As to a talking snake, if God wanted a stone to talk, it could.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

That is funny!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by jaguartx

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Why would God choose to look like an evolved primate (namely us) with vestigial organs like an appendix, wisdom tooth problems caused by the face shortening, back problems caused by incomplete evolution from quadripedalism, and an inner ear incapable of hearing prayers beyond a short distance and from more than a few people at a time? Especially since God, so the story goes, had not invented those life forms yet.

Indeed, if God wanted to create the universe, about the worst form imaginable would be to look like Homo sapiens or any other animal. Not to mention the susceptibility of "our likeness" to radiation, zero air pressure, temperature extremes, and other things that God, for some reason, put into the reaches of space if indeed God was there to create them.

Christianity would be more credible if it would shed the stone age myths of pre-literate people and concentrate on the central message.

That's cute, except it assumes as true the very issue in dispute.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

demostrate your faith and see if your prayers can make it happen.

I have all the proof I need.

[translated]: what a fool believes based on subjective evidence.

anyway tell us again how victimised you feel because you dont like your faith/wacky christian
mythology being scrutinized.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT

It can't be falsified! That was Karl Popper's point and his criticism remains valid today.

Well, OK, let's see what Karl Popper had to say on Evolution:

What we call the evolutionary hypothesis is an explanation of a host of biological and paleontological observations—for instance, of certain similarities between various species and genera—by the assumption of common ancestry of related forms.

. . . I see in modern Darwinism the most successful explanation of the relevant facts. [Popper, 1957, p. 106]

There exists no law of evolution, only the historical fact that plants and animals change, or more precisely, that they have changed. [Popper, 1963b, p. 340]

I have always been extremely interested in the theory of evolution and very ready to accept evolution as a fact. [Popper, 1976, p. 167;]

The Mendelian underpinning of modern Darwinism has been well tested and so has the theory of evolution which says that all terrestrial life has evolved from a few primitive unicellular organisms, possibly even from one single organism. [Popper, 1978, p. 344;

''Furthermore, in his book, Objective Knowledge, where he uses the Darwinian paradigm as a basis for his own theory of knowledge, Popper not only discusses Darwinism at length as a scientific explanation but offers as an additional component a scientific hypothesis of his own—genetic dualism—which is intended to strengthen the orthodox neo-Darwinian framework (Popper, 1972, ''

I notice that you conveniently fail to quote his criticism of neo-Darwinian theory. It created a firestorm at the time. Here is one summary of what Popper said:

Abstract: Karl Popper argued in 1974 that evolutionary theory contains no testable laws and is therefore a metaphysical research program. Four years later, he said that he had changed his mind. Here we seek to understand Popper’s initial position and his subsequent retraction. We argue, contrary to Popper’s own assessment, that he did not change his mind at all about the substance of his original claim. We also explore how Popper’s views have ramifications for contemporary discussion of the nature of laws and the structure of evolutionary theory. – Popper’s Shifting Appraisal of Evolutionary Theory, Mehmet Elgin and Elliott Sober
HOPOS: The Journal of the International Society for the History of Philosophy of Science 2017 7:1, 31-55

Whatever Popper did or did not say has no bearing on the fact that we have more than ample evidence for evolution. Evolution has been established. The only question of evolution, the theory, being related to the means and mechanisms by which organisms evolve.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Take these, your stones will talk.. might even get to meet your hey zuess too

Attached Images
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Never mind the vast majority who don't. Or the fact that irreducible complexity fails. Or the fossil record. Or genetics. Or.....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
a 1 year old girl in our church named prayer (her first name) fell in a backyard swimming pool. she was brought back to life, but had brain damage.. about half of her brain was dead. she was attended to by the best brain doctors to be found.. prayers were sent up every week for her.. a foundation was formed to provide money for her support . a new house was built just to help for handicapped people.. every thing that could be done to provide money and prayers for her was done probably more than a million people were praying for her. a year later she was worse, as her brain continued to shrink,. the doctors finally told the parents that nothing else could be done for her and would not treat her anymore.. In a few months she passed away... so my question is why did GOD not help this baby it wasent because of lack of prayers. he just dident seem to want to help her at all.. that is about why I no longer waste my time going to church it is all a scam..

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm sorry you feel that way Hubert. Many things are a mystery. I can not begin to explain.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I'm sorry you feel that way Hubert. Many things are a mystery. I can not begin to explain.

Of course you can't.

And that's where you questioning should begin.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I have no question about my faith. I wish it were stronger.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hubert...nothing fair about it. Nothing right about it. Nothing loving about it. Nothing good about it. Nothing redeeming about it. Nuthin’. Sorry when bad things happen to people, especially to good people, and most especially to kids.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Hubert
a 1 year old girl in our church named prayer (her first name) fell in a backyard swimming pool. she was brought back to life, but had brain damage.. about half of her brain was dead. she was attended to by the best brain doctors to be found.. prayers were sent up every week for her.. a foundation was formed to provide money for her support . a new house was built just to help for handicapped people.. every thing that could be done to provide money and prayers for her was done probably more than a million people were praying for her. a year later she was worse, as her brain continued to shrink,. the doctors finally told the parents that nothing else could be done for her and would not treat her anymore.. In a few months she passed away... so my question is why did GOD not help this baby it wasent because of lack of prayers. he just dident seem to want to help her at all.. that is about why I no longer waste my time going to church it is all a scam..

HE made her. She is HIS. She has everlasting life in Heaven with HIM. HE gives people free will. Maybe the people who built the pool and failed to keep kids away are at fault, yet you blame HIM.

Truth be known, shes probably better off and happier than you. Suck it up. Life is not a bed of roses. You want life, accept the downside. You want death. Get a glock. Life is a blessing. Grow up or continue blaming HIM for everything. Your choice.

David and Bathshebas boy died. David came back to Christ and was saved because he wanted to be with his boy in heaven. He didnt piss and moan and reject God because of his sin. He took responsibility, like a man. Maybe her folks should do the same,

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/25/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
God dayom its unreal. People pray to win freakin Publishers Clearing House and GOD offers them everlasting life in Paradise and people curse HIM.

I'd send the whole bunch to hell in a handbasket and be done with the stiff necked bastids.

"But, but, but God, you shoulda done this and you shoulda done that and kissed my ass and then I would have loved you."

Sheesh. Unreal.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/25/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

224 members (10gaugemag, 264mag, 260Remguy, 2ndwind, 30Gibbs, 41rem, 34 invisible), 2,163 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,535
Posts18,531,036
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.