Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife grew up in Ottawa,...right on the line between Ontario and Quebec.

Her friends come to visit her and everybody speaks French. Occasionally they will turn to me and say something to me in French.

My response:

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BC30cal
kolofardos;
Good evening to you sir and Happy New Year to you folks too!

I went up north of Vernon on an ice fishing foray with a good buddy from Vernon this morning and we saw 10 coyotes between Vernon and Falkland which is a record for this semi-old guy.

Dwayne

Hey Dwayne, hope all is well with you. I know that stretch of road from Vernon to Falkland well. Used to live near O'Keefe. Had my neighbor rancher drag dead beef to a spot 104 yards from my kitchen window. I would lie on the kitchen counter, rest on the window sill...

When coyote prices were sky high, a pro wolfer friend used to do a dawn patrol through that country. He would stop by our house for a morning coffee on his way back to Vernon. I'd ask how his morning went and he'd reply that he had one in his rig and two cooling out, etc. By that he meant that he had killed 3 and left two of them lay without hiking out to them from where he shot. Legal or not he did not like people seeing him. He would wait till after dark that evening to hike out across the snow in view of a road or highway and retrieve them. Full body snow camo is really hard to see in the dark on snow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Okanagan;
It's good to hear from you sir, I've been thinking about and praying for you folks so it's a nice coincidence that you've added to this thread.

Indeed I think of you through that country as I'd recalled it was your old stomping grounds.

The fishing was slow this morning, but the visit was long overdue so a grand day was had by both of us.

Should you ever get back up this way sir, I've got about a lifetime supply of fat wood secured for you! I've got so much from last year it's an embarrassment of riches!

Yes, I can certainly understand where your buddy was coming from for sure. In the not so olden times, there used to be more thinning of the predator herds and I have to believe the ungulates benefited from it overall.

All the best to you folks this year Okanagan.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by KFWA

Had a chance to get on a 3 year project in Montreal. I really considered it. Trump made the decision for me by entering into a trade war.

Good thing,......everybody there would hate you if you didn't speak French.

yea I did have to deal with 2 [bleep] who made no effort to help me. I get that French is their first language but this was a restaurant and clothing store - I know as part of their job they had to interact with English speaking people quite often.

But I would tolerate if I had a chance to live there.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,290
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.