Hop To
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hastings[/quote
That's how I feel about them. What if they kill a few deer? Bet they use every scrap.
You wouldn't say that if it was me killing as many deer as I want out of season and/or without tags and I'd use every scrap too. They are a goddam menace on the roads and pay little attention to game laws. I know what I'm talking about as we're overrun with them in some areas of NY.

GB1

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I don't understand complaints about Amish having the kind of freedom we should all have.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
It goes beyond private property rights. Far beyond them. This is not 1820, when the only mode of transportation was by horse, and the roads were dirt, and the horse chit could be tromped into that. Horse chit on a paved road stays there until a rain washes it off. I and others paid for that road through the taxes we pay...................that Amish or Mennonite in that horse and buggy does not pay anywhere close to the taxes that I pay.

In most states, roads are paid for by fuel taxes. Do they pay taxes on their hay & feed grain?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Once again, if you think all Amish , draft Dodgers or not, are involved in farming then you are showing how much you actually know about them.
I know that some build furniture and the ladies I'm sure make things to sell. They work as carpenters, bricklayers, taxidermists, probably plumbers. Honest work.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I think it's great that someone called their area " ground zero" , I can't think of a better way to describe a hot bed for an invasive disease like the Amish.

IC B2

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
How far exactly is the nearest Amish person to your home? I can guess by your blind love for them, but come on how far?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Within a 50 mile circle they vary widely in how they live.

Some north of here across the state line don’t ride on air, rubber. Steel tractor treads, bicycles just metal rim/spokes. Smoke ciggs

Another bunch, no tractors at all, strictly mules or Percheron horses.

Another bunch, massey furgeson tractors, tinted windows, led light bars, run 55 mph down the highway

Then south of me near Dickson Co Tn. One that I went to his place to buy my yellow labrador, he drives brand new F-350. Wears button down blue dress shirt, wranglers,. Kids zippin around on a wheeler in the back field. The wife was the only one that looked the part. She had the little white covering on her head and a full length denim skirt.

And some will tell you they’re Amish and some will tell you they’re Mennonites.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite
I don't understand complaints about Amish having the kind of freedom we should all have.

Because this is America, and everyone is supposed to play by the same rules .

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Once again, if you think all Amish , draft Dodgers or not, are involved in farming then you are showing how much you actually know about them.
I know that some build furniture and the ladies I'm sure make things to sell. They work as carpenters, bricklayers, taxidermists, probably plumbers. Honest work.

Plumbers?! Honest work?! Good God, I hope your water heater doesn't need to be replaced anytime soon....(grin)

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by slumlord
Within a 50 mile circle they vary widely in how they live.

Some north or here across the state line don’t ride on air, rubber. Steel tractor treads, bicycles just metal rim/spokes. Smoke ciggs

Another bunch, no tractors at all, strictly mules or Percheron horses.

Another bunch, massey furgeson tractors, tinted windows, led light bars, run 55 mph down the highway

Then south of me near Dickson Co Tn. One that went to his place to buy my yellow labrador, he drives brand new F-350. Wears button down blue dress shirt, wranglers, cinch boots. Kids zippin around on a wheeler in the back field. The wife was the only one that looked the part. She had the little white covering on her head and a full length denim skirt.

And some will tell you they’re Amish and some will tell you they’re Mennonites.

Ya but they're all the same , a cult.
One guy wants to quit hiding his cellphone , bishop won't allow that, you just move 50- 1000 miles start your own church and infect a new area.
Next guy wants gas lights, same deal, wanna drive on rubber, etc, etc.

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Plumbers?! Honest work?! Good God, I hope your water heater doesn't need to be replaced anytime soon....(grin)

The whole conversation is about Amish people refusing to use indoor bathrooms and this dude thinks they are plumbers. Lol

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I had a dream just last night that I was trying to shoot something with an AK and it wouldn't work. I have nothing against AK's...not a hater. [bleep] u cker just wouldn't work!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve never seen one in person. Sounds like they aren’t too popular with the people that live close to them.

I don't know where Beeville Tx. is, but there is a community from Pa. there.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by urbaneruralite

Because this is America, and everyone is supposed to play by the same rules .

That's what they recommend to be a good little slave. Try harder to get a little more freedom than they allow you. You know like your forebears may have in those wars that were fought here.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How far exactly is the nearest Amish person to your home? I can guess by your blind love for them, but come on how far?
We have some Mennonites around but no horse and wagon Amish. I spent a couple of days riding Amtrac from Wisconsin to Oregon with a good size bunch of Amish going to Mexico for elective medical treatment (much cheaper). They were an interesting bunch and did not smell bad. They brought all their own food and didn't set foot in the dining car. The babies were fed on the tit under a cover of course. The small children were linen up in their seats in the morning and fed milk and oatmeal. There were farmers and furniture builders, and builders along on the trip. All the kids behaved, the ladies were quiet and modest, and the men friendly enough and would converse with me in English. Now the blacks that rode from Chicago to Minnesota, that was an ignorant acting bunch screaming at and threatening children the whole way.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
My point exactly. Ask those Amish what sacrifices they made in those wars. NONE. And they can't even be bothered to following building codes or tax laws.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
We have some Mennonites around but no horse and wagon Amish. I spent a couple of days riding Amtrac from Wisconsin to Oregon with a good size bunch of Amish going to Mexico for elective medical treatment (much cheaper). They were an interesting bunch and did not smell bad. They brought all their own food and didn't set foot in the dining car. The babies were fed on the tit under a cover of course. The small children were linen up in their seats in the morning and fed milk and oatmeal. There were farmers and furniture builders, and builders along on the trip. All the kids behaved, the ladies were quiet and modest, and the men friendly enough and would converse with me in English. Now the blacks that rode from Chicago to Minnesota, that was an ignorant acting bunch screaming at and threatening children the whole way.

So the short answer is that you live no where near them but happened to see a group on mass transit one time and you are now an expert on how they live.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
JamesJr... the only guy I know who lives by the black ghetto, but yet so rural the amish have horse [bleep] on his road..

Make up your mind man, you can only be mad at one made up thing a day you old bitty....

Lotta Mennonites and Amish around me. Mennonites built my barn, did a damn fine job. Amish keep to themselves, but they do butcher lot of people deer for cheap. I dont use them but heard its hard to get in touch with them, for obvious reasons.

Lot mad people on this forum, cracks me up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by renegade50

Division of religon and state.
GMAFB....

all these fugging loopholes to get out of paying for schit is ridiculous and fugging came about 100,s of years ago passed by fuggs that been dead for ages.

Fugg em...
Let em eat fisheads.....

Ouch, that's rough.

But friend, there are some other very important things that "fugging came about 100,s of years ago passed by fuggs that been dead for ages" that are still important to many of us.

If a good Liberal (no such thing, right) saw your statement they'd be the first to tell us that the Constitution is an evolving document and doesn't mean now what it meant to all them dead fuggs.

I do understand the fish heads though.......................they can be quite tasty grin

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sick SOBs! mad

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.