Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
I just got an email asking me to sign a petition to stop the trophy hunting of Canadian Polar Bears, and I was wondering, Are there any polar bears in Canada?

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
We have the largest population of Ursus Arctos Maritimus on Earth, but, the hunting for them is strictly regulated for ordinary Canucks; of course, in our "democracy", the aboriginals CAN kill them and guide foreign hunters to do so, as well. Gotta love "democracy"!!!

Send the petition back with a middle-digit salute drawn on it!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Kutenay,

I LOVE what the Norwegians and the Japanese did to get around the whaling ban - at the last conference they came up with the idea that it was their "aboriginal right" to do so. After all they were the original inhabitants of their lands, and they have whaled since time immemorial.

We are ALL "Aboriginals" - except our roots come from different countries.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe one can still hunt Polar Bears if you can afford the 25,000 dollar price.

Concerning the yearly slaughter of 500 minke whales by the Japanese in the guise of Scientific Research. They claimed that the whale had to be killed to check it's stomach contents. Since the last conference on IWF the Aussie's have prooved to the commision and Japan that they could gather all the data(through DNA)available from the feces of the whale without killing them, thus the new angle was born.

I propose that we set up a new Scientific group and it would be called SROPB. All we need is a shady biologist and we can set up a group for the Scientific Research on Polar Bears and we need to get them dead so we can research the stomach content. Since the scat of Polar bears is mostly consumed by the trailing white foxes, no feces is available for the research. The aboriginal angle is already taken as Kute pointed out earlier.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I'm sure you can find a whole bunch in and around the dump in Churchill Manitoba. Just google Churchill polar bears.

Jim

Just my opinion ......and I have so few.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
There are more Polar Bears on the Earth today than at any time in history.

If Polar Bear hunting is outlawed than the Inuits will only sell the skins to the Japanese like they used to, for $25/hide.

Mickey

"Instead of getting married again I am just going to find a women I don't like and give her a house"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by montanabadger
I just got an email asking me to sign a petition to stop the trophy hunting of Canadian Polar Bears, and I was wondering, Are there any polar bears in Canada?

There used to be Polar Bears. But with all the trophy hunting that has gone on over the thousands of centuries, there are only small pockets of polar bears in preserves protected by Musk Oxen. grin

Someone's pulling your chain, buddy. We got lots of 'em up north.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Kutenay,

I LOVE what the Norwegians and the Japanese did to get around the whaling ban - at the last conference they came up with the idea that it was their "aboriginal right" to do so. After all they were the original inhabitants of their lands, and they have whaled since time immemorial.

We are ALL "Aboriginals" - except our roots come from different countries.

Kinda like the whaling that Canada allows by its aboriginal people but then we complain about the Japanese when their 'aboriginal' people whale. What a country we live in...

A golf course is a sad misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (222Sako, 06hunter59, 163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 70 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,788
Posts18,515,889
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.