Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The sick stuff is how they treat the young girls and boys, child labor laws mean nothing to them, I found a dead twelve year old boy dead in the woods with a large tree that had crushed him, his father had dropped him off there to fall trees while the father and his crew worked else where, there is no reason that that boy should have died alone doing a mans job !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
At this point 11 pages of "they suck, smell, kill everything, skip tax laws, etc.etc." Against 1\2 page worth of " what great people they ar e" . Looks like they suck crowd is the winner!
My vote goes to they suck side

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I could relate stories all night about their abuses but to be fair I will say a lot depends on the group (clan) you encountered. Some are nothing short of such out to rip off ignorant tourists others do work hard and keep to themselves.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 1bigdude
I could relate stories all night about their abuses but to be fair I will say a lot depends on the group (clan) you encountered. Some are nothing short of scum out to rip off ignorant tourists others do work hard and keep to themselves.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Got a bunch of em not far from here. They are known to totally ignore posted signs and game laws and bag limits. Put on drives over properties they have permission to hunt or not and kill any deer that moves, regardless of antler restrictions, tags etc.... Also they underbid alot of "English" companies for construction work. Easy as they arent worried about child labor laws, workers comp insurance, minimum wages, proper PPE etc etc. As an example "English" workers need hard hats to comply with OSHA regs, but Jakeys straw hat is good enough! And dont get me started on the cash business and tax part!

We talking about Mennonites or Mexicans?
Mexonites?

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mexonites. 😂😂

Michigan should try in on a muzzy community, and see what happens.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The ones in our area are about as proportionally decent as the rest of society. Some good, some bad, some a pain in the ass.... They're losing membership quick as a lot of the kids leave the church. A lot of that has to do with farmable land being developed for housing and the remaining propertys sell for more than it cash flows so they just can't farm.
Most of them get into construction of one kind or the other. I don't personally know of any that build unlicensed or uninsured. They can be hard to deal with when it comes to business most of the time, trying to squeeze every dime they can. Most aren't the brightest but not surprising since they leave school at the 8th grade, but some, like a family I know that owns a machine shop will amaze you.

The kids outwork 95% of other white kids their age, and that's a fact. As far as a labor pool, for construction type work, they're near the top. As far as my interaction with them, two neighbors, my metal roof guy, my mason, guy that repairs my tools, guy I buy my stocking trout for my pond from, guy that repairs hydraulic cylinders on my equipment, guy that owns the archery shop we use....
All Mennonite, no Amish in this area to speak of.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nathan13
How far exactly is the nearest Amish person to your home? I can guess by your blind love for them, but come on how far?

That's funny. I was born, raised, and still live in Lebanon county PA. And I very much respect the Amish.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not a total hater of the Amish/Mennonites. I respect them in many ways, as they are hard workers, and pretty much believe in taking care of themselves without involving government. I do a lot of business with them, as they do with me, and as others have said, they're like other folks in that there are good ones, bad ones, and all kinds in between.

Among my many gripes about them is how they expect us, the English as they call us, to allow them to live as they choose, while we must change our habits to allow that. They have a propensity to ignore our laws if those laws do not suit their religious view about something. Most of the ones here believe that it's okay to kill as many deer as they can, regardless of the bag limit. They see no problem with trespassing, as many of them see the land as belonging to God, which while true, does not give them the right to go on someone else's land without permission.

In order to operate a motor vehicle here in Kentucky, I must first have a drivers license. I must pay to take the exam, and then pay to renew that license every 4 years. I can then buy a car, and when I do I pay sales tax on it, plus property tax every year that I own it, and I will also pay some type of transfer tax when I license it in my name. I will pay every year for a license plate for my car, and I also must have insurance on it in order to get that license plate. Some cities will tax that insurance policy. Okay, now I've got my drivers license and my car, and I'm ready to drive. That car requires gas, and that gas is taxed, both state and federal. If I buy tires, they also have a federal tax, and any other repairs or parts I buy for my car are taxed as well. You can count it up, but in order to legally drive a car, I'm going to either be taxed or have to pay a fee at least 10 times.

Meanwhile, that Amish or Mennonite that drives his horse and buggy, or tractor on the same highway, does not have a drivers license, nor insurance, or a license plate, nor do they pay any gasoline tax, or any other thing that I must pay. The taxes that I am paying are money that is used to build those roads and keep them repaired. In other words, they are using the roads pretty much free. Add to that the fact that steel horseshoes and steel wheel tractors eat up the pavement, so they are damaging the words when they use them. Most of what they use is exempt from sales tax because of the farm exemption.

I've saved by best gripe for last. They have moved into my area in large numbers, and they make up at least half of the local volunteer fire department. When we have a meeting, we always have the pledge of allegiance to the flag. We noticed that they did not say it. When asked why, they said it was because the United States is a warring nation, and they do not believe in war. Well, guess what...........wars are what have given those basturds the freedom of religion that allows them to drive those damn buggies up and down the road. Wars are what gave them the right to live in a country where they can worship as they please. Wars are what gave them the right to be exempted from many things, including not having to serve in the military that fights those wars. In other words, they don't like what this nation does, but they sure as heck don't mind living here and getting wealthy as a result of what it has to offer. That is about as pitiful a thing as I can think of. If they don't want to fight in time of war, they should be made to do something to support the effort, not be allowed to sit on their azz when the pledge of allegiance is said.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by viking
Mexonites. 😂😂

Michigan should try in on a muzzy community, and see what happens.

Michigan has the largest muzzy community in the nation.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by slumlord
Fuggers around here get carte blanch, don’t have to buy license plates, business licenses, workman’s comp insurance. Run the roads buck wild in pimped-out tinted window cab tractors running highway speeds.

When they’re not running highway speeds to Golden Corral, they doing 05mph during rush hour hauling 20 tons of saw dust for their multi million dollar tobacco operations.

Some of them Amish chicks is pretty hawt.

LMAO. Yeah you’re the only one. You go big shooter.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
In northern Pa about 20 years ago they moved in and bought up many of the farms that were sitting idle. They paid cash an the locals seemed happy to have them. Soon they wore out their welcome partly because locals were being undercut on their own business endeavors as it seemed each family had a sideline to farming,ie. carpentry, masonry,bakery, etc. When this took a foothold the locals quit doing business with them. The Amish and Mennonites soon moved back to Ohio. Now when a small farm comes up for sale if the buyer is from out of town mysteriously the house and barn burns down shortly after the sale.
This Amish that remain keep to themselves. I have hired some to build a barn for me ...whew! The work was great and fast as they worked from 6 AM to 6PM but I had to pay them cash at the end of every day and they ALWAYs tried to get a bit more than agreed upon.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I wish those of you who do not live around the Amish and Mennonites had to. You simply have no idea. While I respect, and admire them, in many ways, the fact is that they want to be able to move into a neighborhood and live as they choose, and make those of us who have been living there all along compromise our way of living in order to accommodate theirs.

If you have ever had to drive on a highway covered in horse chit on a hot summer day, and have it all over your car, you just might change your mind about them.

I'm not sure about the Amish, but I did grow up in the midst of the Mennonites in Southern Ontario. Our family farm dealt with many of them many times over the years and I never once heard my father talk them down in any way, nor have I ever heard anyone complain about what their horses do on the side of the road.

I'd rather have them for neighbours than a lot of other so called "normal" folk.

The mennonites are hard working folk.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
......... Wars are what gave them the right to be exempted from many things, including not having to serve in the military that fights those wars. In other words, they don't like what this nation does, but they sure as heck don't mind living here and getting wealthy as a result of what it has to offer. That is about as pitiful a thing as I can think of. If they don't want to fight in time of war, they should be made to do something to support the effort, not be allowed to sit on their azz when the pledge of allegiance is said.
This is what I would respect them the most for. I am not into chanting either and I will not kill people for this country unless we are actually invaded.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by slumlord
Fuggers around here get carte blanch, don’t have to buy license plates, business licenses, workman’s comp insurance. Run the roads buck wild in pimped-out tinted window cab tractors running highway speeds.

When they’re not running highway speeds to Golden Corral, they doing 05mph during rush hour hauling 20 tons of saw dust for their multi million dollar tobacco operations.

Some of them Amish chicks is pretty hawt.

LMAO. Yeah you’re the only one. You go big shooter.
Keep talking. I think I'm getting a stiffy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Keep talking. I think I'm getting a stiffy.

That stiffy would melt like an ice cube in the oven if you ever get a whiff of a puzzy that ain't been washed since last Saturday night.

I know some guys here who have messed around with some of the Mennonite girls, and they all have one story in common.........those gals ain't real "fresh" down there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have a bunch of Amish and Mennonites along with some other sundry of their types in the county just north of me. I'm not inexperienced like some of the dumbasses on here. Same with some other breeds that Yankees typically tout as being good as hell.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Hastings
......... Wars are what gave them the right to be exempted from many things, including not having to serve in the military that fights those wars. In other words, they don't like what this nation does, but they sure as heck don't mind living here and getting wealthy as a result of what it has to offer. That is about as pitiful a thing as I can think of. If they don't want to fight in time of war, they should be made to do something to support the effort, not be allowed to sit on their azz when the pledge of allegiance is said.
This is what I would respect them the most for. I am not into chanting either and I will not kill people for this country unless we are actually invaded.

Then maybe you outta get the f u k out of this country too and take some of the filthy vermin with you. The thing that you most respect them for is their cowardice? Alot of this stuff is mostly just griping about having to live around a bunch of backwards religious zealots....they stink, they are con artists, they speak German in public....blah blah blah. That's all just inconvenient stuff.

But some of it is dead serious stuff, their culture of abuse towards their families, especially women and young kids and their complete lack of responsibility to this nation. If anyone says that's what they respect most about them, then that person is no better than them.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Originally Posted by Hastings

Then maybe you outta get the f u k out of this country too and take some of the filthy vermin with you. The thing that you most respect them for is their cowardice? Alot of this stuff is mostly just griping about having to live around a bunch of backwards religious zealots....they stink, they are con artists, they speak German in public....blah blah blah. That's all just inconvenient stuff.

But some of it is dead serious stuff, their culture of abuse towards their families, especially women and young kids and their complete lack of responsibility to this nation. If anyone says that's what they respect most about them, then that person is no better than them.
Cannot disagree.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
You have a crush on kapernick too? You know the guy who is benefitting from living in the most free, most just, most prosperous country on earth too but can't stand for the national anthem?....Is that what you respect to most about him too?

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

245 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 257_X_50, 29 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,191
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.