Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
I'm not a total hater of the Amish/Mennonites. I respect them in many ways, as they are hard workers, and pretty much believe in taking care of themselves without involving government. I do a lot of business with them, as they do with me, and as others have said, they're like other folks in that there are good ones, bad ones, and all kinds in between.

Among my many gripes about them is how they expect us, the English as they call us, to allow them to live as they choose, while we must change our habits to allow that. They have a propensity to ignore our laws if those laws do not suit their religious view about something. Most of the ones here believe that it's okay to kill as many deer as they can, regardless of the bag limit. They see no problem with trespassing, as many of them see the land as belonging to God, which while true, does not give them the right to go on someone else's land without permission.

In order to operate a motor vehicle here in Kentucky, I must first have a drivers license. I must pay to take the exam, and then pay to renew that license every 4 years. I can then buy a car, and when I do I pay sales tax on it, plus property tax every year that I own it, and I will also pay some type of transfer tax when I license it in my name. I will pay every year for a license plate for my car, and I also must have insurance on it in order to get that license plate. Some cities will tax that insurance policy. Okay, now I've got my drivers license and my car, and I'm ready to drive. That car requires gas, and that gas is taxed, both state and federal. If I buy tires, they also have a federal tax, and any other repairs or parts I buy for my car are taxed as well. You can count it up, but in order to legally drive a car, I'm going to either be taxed or have to pay a fee at least 10 times.

Meanwhile, that Amish or Mennonite that drives his horse and buggy, or tractor on the same highway, does not have a drivers license, nor insurance, or a license plate, nor do they pay any gasoline tax, or any other thing that I must pay. The taxes that I am paying are money that is used to build those roads and keep them repaired. In other words, they are using the roads pretty much free. Add to that the fact that steel horseshoes and steel wheel tractors eat up the pavement, so they are damaging the words when they use them. Most of what they use is exempt from sales tax because of the farm exemption.

I've saved by best gripe for last. They have moved into my area in large numbers, and they make up at least half of the local volunteer fire department. When we have a meeting, we always have the pledge of allegiance to the flag. We noticed that they did not say it. When asked why, they said it was because the United States is a warring nation, and they do not believe in war. Well, guess what...........wars are what have given those basturds the freedom of religion that allows them to drive those damn buggies up and down the road. Wars are what gave them the right to live in a country where they can worship as they please. Wars are what gave them the right to be exempted from many things, including not having to serve in the military that fights those wars. In other words, they don't like what this nation does, but they sure as heck don't mind living here and getting wealthy as a result of what it has to offer. That is about as pitiful a thing as I can think of. If they don't want to fight in time of war, they should be made to do something to support the effort, not be allowed to sit on their azz when the pledge of allegiance is said.

Hey James, It's a public road. You have the same right to ride a pony or drive a team down it as the Amish do. Buy a buggy, get one over on "the man".

Cept they don’t buy license plates, and don’t buy a wheel tax sticker either.

Dumping horse shît every 1/2 mile is fringe benefit

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I live in Amish country(Michigan's thumb) and I'd take a hundred Amish over one Detroiter.

The Amish that I've dealt with were straightforward and very easy to work with.

If I was going to bitch about anyone(I don't) it would be tractors, combines and beet trucks blocking traffic and leaving tons of mud on the roads.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Maybe all this Amish hate would be easier to understand with a face applied.....

[Linked Image from d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net]

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from i0.wp.com]

[Linked Image from cdn11.bigcommerce.com]

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Originally Posted by RickyD
Lieberals at work. Despicable and treacherous filth from Hell. Amish have firearms and the Constitution on their side.
Amish do not have the Constitution on their side. Constitutional protections are reserved for US citizens in good legal standing. The Amish dont fall into that category because they do not adhere to local, state, or federal laws, the most notable and obvious example being the selective service program. Come into our country illegally, be convicted of a felony, or denounce your citizenship and those constitutional securities that protect us decent people don't apply to you.
Nathan: Sir, you are obviously in pain over the Amish. What's up?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
See views like that in real life living around here. Almost post card type scenes.

Also shows how easily an entire family of them drown crossing a swollen creek in one of those buggies. Or get plastered by a Fed-Ex truck. Unfortunately.

IC B2

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by RickyD
Lieberals at work. Despicable and treacherous filth from Hell. Amish have firearms and the Constitution on their side.
Amish do not have the Constitution on their side. Constitutional protections are reserved for US citizens in good legal standing. The Amish dont fall into that category because they do not adhere to local, state, or federal laws, the most notable and obvious example being the selective service program. Come into our country illegally, be convicted of a felony, or denounce your citizenship and those constitutional securities that protect us decent people don't apply to you.
Nathan: Sir, you are obviously in pain over the Amish. What's up?

I'll tell you what's up. I despise criminals, freeloaders, leeches, and con artists. And I'm sickened by the people who blindly stick up for them. You've basically admitted to being an anti America coward yourself. So you fall in the same category.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
If those Amish parasites happened to be from central America and spoke Spanish , 90 percent of you Amish lovers would instantly hate them. That's a fact. Same crimes , different [bleep]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sure is good to know them Amish folks ain't.....................

black.

They'd really be in trouble around here if they were.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only thing that has been displayed here is that the local Amish seem to be doing better than some, they own more land, their families happily work together and they appear to be more content than most...and some of you have a problem with that............

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JamesJr
And many of the people commenting here have, in all likelihood, never seen a real live Amish person, let alone lived amongst them.

Lots of situations like that. I was one of them, with my highly refined sense of justice and equality and feelings of superiority over those cruel bigots in the South.

Then I moved to the South and lived there for a good number of years. My Yankee notions did not survive the encounter with reality.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
See views like that in real life living around here. Almost post card type scenes.

Actually, most of those images are from Tennessee, that must be why they seem familiar to you.

I was searching for horse schit filled streets in Tennessee and the images posted are what I found....

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Amish are one of the very few groups of Caucasians in America with a high birth rate.

But don't worry. They'll be replaced by Africans along with the rest of us, eventually.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Sure is good to know them Amish folks ain't.....................

black.

They'd really be in trouble around here if they were.

Geno

No kidding.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I love this place. Haha

There’s a couple of dudes in this thread that might even need a stent before it fizzles.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I love this place. Haha

There’s a couple of dudes in this thread that might even need a stent before it fizzles.

Yep, keepin' the doctors in bidness they is.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If those Amish parasites happened to be from central America and spoke Spanish , 90 percent of you Amish lovers would instantly hate them. That's a fact. Same crimes , different [bleep]

But they are not.....so give it up.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA

Actually, most of those images are from Tennessee, that must be why they seem familiar to you.

I was searching for horse schit filled streets in Tennessee and the images posted are what I found....

That’s because the horse shît filled streets are in Kentucky.

James lives in KY

Repeat....Jamesjr lives in KY

I said earlier our (Tn) Amish drive F-350s

😃

*note Im on the stateline, so I have observed said horse shît on the state highways ....in Ky. grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This forum is graduating from pricks to flat out pieces of shiat.

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We have a pickle wrapped in lunchmeat thread. It’s pretty safe.

lol

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I love this place. Haha

Yep, keepin' the doctors in bidness they is.

Geno

Hint

It ain’t Hasbeen, he doesn’t have any available arteries left that need hardware. He’s been pacing himself. I’ve been watching.

I care about you fugks

Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,053 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,763
Posts18,495,565
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.