Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Musicianized
This forum is graduating from pricks to flat out pieces of shiat.

You're gonna need a thicker skin.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Originally Posted by Hastings
Nathan: Sir, you are obviously in pain over the Amish. What's up?
I'll tell you what's up. I despise criminals, freeloaders, leeches, and con artists. And I'm sickened by the people who blindly stick up for them. You've basically admitted to being an anti America coward yourself. So you fall in the same category.
OK, there is way more involved in this antipathy but we'll not find out what it is. I wish you happiness and peace.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
We have a pickle wrapped in lunchmeat thread. It’s pretty safe.

lol

Wait.....

I *mightve* showed my ass on that thread too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We have a pickle wrapped in lunchmeat thread. It’s pretty safe.

lol

Really?

Down on the Food Channel forum?

I missed it somewhere.

I personally like a piece of string cheese wrapped in some good ham (country or city ham, matters not) with some horseradish mustard on it. Pickle on the side.

Do you know where I can send for a jar of Kentucky Amish pickles? They might have to take the buggy to the PO to ship it to me, I hear the roads are a bit short on horse poo coating. It protects them from the UV light you know. Those folks are actually doing the county road crews a service. And it's all "organic" too, so the greenies are happy.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

My wife's dad had family and friends that lived around a Amish community in central eastern Indiana.

When visiting them one summer Saturday evening several years ago we were all sitting out on the front porch talking and watching some young Amish men and women ride by in horse and buggies. We were told that young Amish folks "courted" by attending church services together on Saturday evenings.

I made some Courier & Ives / Norman Rockwell type comment comparing them versus typical wild, sex partying, modern-day "English" youths but was quickly informed by the family we were visiting that that was a common misconception that most had but after living among the Amish for most of their adult lives they knew better and that every bit as many Amish girls are already pregnant when they marry as non Amish.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I love this place. Haha

There’s a couple of dudes in this thread that might even need a stent before it fizzles.

Ain’t that no schit. Lmao

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
My only gripe with them is that its hard to compete with slave labor.

Very hard indeed.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My only gripe with them is that its hard to compete with slave labor.

Very hard indeed.

You could compete if you wanted. I've seen the pics, you have a coupla slaves of your own, you just treat them nicer. wink

I'm sure glad my old man didn't have a farm growing up, I'd have been worn out by the time I reached adulthood. Wash the windows, mow the lawn, wash the car, dig the garden, put up them tools...........................And he was just a Catholic, not Amish.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I dont have any problem with making the Amish pay taxes etc.. but calling them the names and degrading them like you are in here is nothing but disgusting.

You can lead a horse...
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Regarding the original post, I can understand outlawing of outhouses in some areas.

1 Population density may preclude it.

2. Soil and rock and ground conditions may make it ill-advised. For instance, when I lived in NW Arkansas, I read up on ground water contamination. The soil was such that it would not hold on to and allow to mellow the effluvia. And the aquifer was such that the nasty poo microbes would not break down. Folks with outhouses were, in effect, drinking their own raw sewage from their wells. And their neighbors who went to the trouble of a working septic system got to imbibe the same polluted water from ground wells. Not cool.

3. County level is the best place to manage this. The lowest level of gov't in a rural area, who ought to know local conditions and if they are outhouse-friendly.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Musicianized
I dont have any problem with making the Amish pay taxes etc.. but calling them the names and degrading them like you are in here is nothing but disgusting.

Thats what they said......

Originally Posted by JeffA
[Linked Image from d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.net]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by JamesJr
And many of the people commenting here have, in all likelihood, never seen a real live Amish person, let alone lived amongst them.

Lots of situations like that. I was one of them, with my highly refined sense of justice and equality and feelings of superiority over those cruel bigots in the South.

Then I moved to the South and lived there for a good number of years. My Yankee notions did not survive the encounter with reality.
Thanks for the honesty.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Nathan13
Originally Posted by Hastings
Nathan: Sir, you are obviously in pain over the Amish. What's up?

I'll tell you what's up. I despise criminals, freeloaders, leeches, and con artists. And I'm sickened by the people who blindly stick up for them. You've basically admitted to being an anti America coward yourself. So you fall in the same category.

Nathan voted for Hillary last time but is leaning toward Bernie.

Big gov’t or bust; bend the knee or hit the road.

I’ve always thought that the Amish were just like other groups of people. There are fine and decent ones, and then there are those like Nathan amongst them. They’re not holier nor are they more evil than the general population.

Be that as it may, their ability to live in religious freedom is a bellwether for the rest of us. A govt big enough to take away their rights can and will do the same to anyone who, unlike Nathan, refuse to concede that they are owned by DC.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are you trying to make sense around here?

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are entire towns up here with no indoor plumbing...f .gov !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
see those cute little Amish girls, let me tell you what happens to them when they marry and can not get prego. If after 1 year she doesn't have a bun in the oven her husband goes to his Bishop asks for release from his marriage contract. The Bishop asks if the husband really tried to get his wife in a family way. When he answers yes ( at least 2 times every week every month) THEN THE BISHOP VISITS THE WOMAN WITH THE HUSBANDS BLESSING 2 times a week for 6 months or until she is knocked up. If after 6 months she has not got a belly full of the BISHOP'S kid he grants an Amish divorce and the woman goes back to her parents house to live unmarried the rest of her life or can leave the Amish all together.
That is fact! Check it out yourself.
See those little boys? they are going to work 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week until the old man gets them a job at 16 years of age THEN that cute little blonde boy must turn EVERY penny over to the old man as long as he is unmarried and living in his old man's home.
THAT is fact! Check it out yourself.
How do I know this is fact? My son married an Amish girl whom left her family 'cause her husband wanted kids and she had female issues that the BISHOP would not allow her to get medical care for. Nor would she fugg the BISHOP to try and get knocked up. Since leaving her family she got medical care and I have 3 great wonderful grandchildren whom though invited too often to count have not see their mother's parents to this day! If I ever see those kock suckers on the road I'll run their buggy over with my semi. AND THAT TOO IS A FACT!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
see those cute little Amish girls, let me tell you what happens to them when they marry and can not get prego. If after 1 year she doesn't have a bun in the oven her husband goes to his Bishop asks for release from his marriage contract. The Bishop asks if the husband really tried to get his wife in a family way. When he answers yes ( at least 2 times every week every month) THEN THE BISHOP VISITS THE WOMAN WITH THE HUSBANDS BLESSING 2 times a week for 6 months or until she is knocked up. If after 6 months she has not got a belly full of the BISHOP'S kid he grants an Amish divorce and the woman goes back to her parents house to live unmarried the rest of her life or can leave the Amish all together.
That is fact! Check it out yourself.
See those little boys? they are going to work 14-16 hours a day 7 days a week until the old man gets them a job at 16 years of age THEN that cute little blonde boy must turn EVERY penny over to the old man as long as he is unmarried and living in his old man's home.
THAT is fact! Check it out yourself.
How do I know this is fact? My son married an Amish girl whom left her family 'cause her husband wanted kids and she had female issues that the BISHOP would not allow her to get medical care for. Nor would she fugg the BISHOP to try and get knocked up. Since leaving her family she got medical care and I have 3 great wonderful grandchildren whom though invited too often to count have not see their mother's parents to this day! If I ever see those kock suckers on the road I'll run their buggy over with my semi. AND THAT TOO IS A FACT!!!!
Thanks for sharing. Many of us know stories like this, but the Campfire contingent only wants to hear stuff about Constitution-loving bearded heroes nobly defying the government by shixting outdoors and fu cking over folks not in their tribe.

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,590
Posts18,492,128
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.