Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14514152 01/28/20
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I put a bid on a rifle on GB planning to put it on the Master Card. I just realized it's a private seller that doesn't take cards. I might have to make an unauthorized with drawl from savings. It's a long auction, has 8 days left, and my bid is pretty low.

Last edited by JoeMartin; 01/28/20.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Been there, done that. grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty early in tha mornin to be hittin the sauce there Joe!

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
How bad do you want it? The auction outcome will be inversely proportional to your desire. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
what's the item number? maybe we could save you from your self!
but then who would save us? grin
I have thus far resisted the temptation to buy any gun with plastic. I have one with 20,000 limit and no balance.
if I even once bought a gun on it , it would be maxed out in weeks, and tomorrow would be my last anniversary .

Last edited by deerstalker; 01/28/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I'm going to start a GO FUND JOE deal. I'll toss in a $20 to get it started. Gotta bale the dude out.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Let it ride. The odds are there is at least one guy out there who will outbid you in the end - given you looking for a way out. And if that doesn't happen I hear they pay for hair and blood and other stuff.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe we could make it the savage collectors mascot! A month with each of us. Joint custody so to speak?
Now we just need to know what the neck it is!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[quote][/quote]Joe, I'll give you what this rifle costs you in exchange for the K w/Noske. What else are friends for?😁

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
If you were a real friend you would have bought me the other K with the G&H, then I would have given you the K with Noske. My birthday is in a few weeks and I would have had the money before the card was due. I always have money floating around, it just never settles in my pocket.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Joe's turned GB into Fidelity or Schwab ... buying on margin. wink

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Sure to bring on a Market Crash!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Buy low sell high is what I always say

But not what I always do..

frown

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Money talks ; mine says good bye.

Last edited by Malcolm; 01/29/20.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
just share the auction here online Joe, and we'll help bid it up so you don't have to pay for it.

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
That's how I found it.

Just checked, it's creeping up.

Last edited by JoeMartin; 01/30/20.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My 'OOOPS' on GunBroker came a few years ago bidding on a Colt Detective Special 38 Special OR should I say two Detective Specials. Back in the day when I still wore a badge I always wanted one, had a Model 60 Smith Chiefs Special, but liked the looks of the Colt and it was a Colt, my preferred maker. They were around $125-140 or so, but other expenses kept me from getting one. One in excellent shape came up for sale on GB, as did another one, approximately same condition, both the generation 4 with the ejector shroud. I don't care for the model with the ejector rod just showing under the barrel with no protection.

I placed several bids on the first one and bids continued to be placed. The 2nd one was going a little slower in bids, but price wise not to far under the first one. I placed some bids on that one also. Hoping to get one of them, I kept an eye on both. I placed what I deemed my final bid on the first one and figured I would get out bid. The 2nd Colt had not had another bid higher since I had placed my last bid, but assumed it would go higher so figured I may get the high bid on the first Colt, if not, I'd have the 2nd Colt as a reserve. Well, as the bid time ended on the 1st Colt, I won and at a lower than average price for a Detective Special in that condition. Had talked with the owner about it as I do all used guns I bid on and really want on GB, talked with the 2nd ones owner also.

Well the 2nd Detective Special was around 2 hours behind the 1st in end time. Guess everyone that had been bidding on it forgot about it as after that two hours no one else bid on it, well there was one bidder who placed two bids, both under my high bid. Watched the bid clock go to zero and got that one also at around the same price as the first, so I had two Detective Colts in the span of two hours, forty years or so after just hoping for one. Oh well, they're both great shooters as they all were and will sell one down the road as they're still a sought after revolver that isn't made anymore and they are Colts. I need to clean them both when taking them out of the safe, not from shooting, but from the drool that gets all over them. They cost a little more than the 1980ish price, but I've got two. Carry the 1st one concealed at times.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Friends encourage friends to drink and GB.

smile

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by 99guy
Buy low sell high is what I always say

But not what I always do..

frown

I am a big proponent of buy high, sell low. Much easier that way. No worrying about getting a good price or taking a lot of time to sell it.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Tarbe
Friends encourage friends to drink and GB.

smile

My Scottish cousin Johnny Walker has gotten me into trouble on several occasions. None that I eventually regretted though. I knew I wanted it, Johnny just gave me a nudge.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,425
Posts18,470,717
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.