Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
.22 Plinkster on youtube claims that his new Glock .22 is unreliable with all of the 36gr ammo he tried running in it. All other weights cycled properly but he got one, two light rim strikes per magazine with multiple major brands of 36gr ammo.

Just watched that yesterday. He didn't keep the one he tested; too many issues, not all about function, but rather the value received once the cost of a threaded barrel was factored in, plus the fact that he couldn't get it shooting to POA. His take seemed to be that it's a good choice for someone who wants a well-matched Glock 19 trainer.

If I were a Glocker, I'd be looking at conversion units if I wanted a good shooting .22.

I saw Plinksters 22's vid too. Aside from the demonstrated failures with 36gr ammo, his comments and demonstration of the magazine feed angle issues was not good either.

I was kinda horned-up for one of these Glock 44's. I've cooled my enthusiasm at least for now.

GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My wife's M&P 22 compact has a decent trigger, they are hammer fired and the first thing I noticed is almost no dud 22 shells, it eats everything I can remember trying. It's just not a trainer for my full sized M&P's but I like it on it's own design. I shot probably 2-3000 rounds through it and then gave it back to her but I shot it again Sunday and it's still a good shooter.

I still want a G44...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Early on the TX22 had a run of bad barrels.

Trigger on the TX22 is very good.

Ditto on both and it would seem they still haven't conquered the barrel problem.

I like mine overall, the grip feels good, it feels like a full sized M&P wearing a small size backstrap and the trigger has a short let off. Accuracy is decent, nothing to write home about but for a plinker/practice pistol it does fine. But even though mine is a recently made pistol the barrel will still lead up after a couple hundred rounds.

I had it out a couple weeks ago and somewhere before two hundred rounds the accuracy definitely started falling off. Took it apart at home and the barrel had some moderately severe leading starting about halfway down. Didn't take much work with a brush to get it out but that's still not something that has happened with most any other .22 pistol I've ever owned.

Again, that said, I like it for what it is.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The trigger on my M&P Compact is pretty fair, not good, but better than my M&P 9mm by a long margin. All in all, it's a pretty good little gun, but the bore is a bit rough, it WILL lead up after a couple hundred rounds. I will say that I've never had a malfunction with it in the three years I've owned it (I can say the same about my SR-22 .4.5"), no issues, with any ammo I've tried in them, mostly HV stuff, like I shoot in most everything else

. I haven't tried many SV offerings, though. I will make it a point to try some subsonic ammo in them when the weather gets warmer. I might even hand-cycle some Quiets, if I get the notion.

SInce I've got those two pistols, I won't be buying a Glock, or the Taurus, for that matter (though the Taurus has an excellent feel to it, and the triggers seem excellent). I think I've got the light .22s covered.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Early on the TX22 had a run of bad barrels.

Trigger on the TX22 is very good.

Ditto on both and it would seem they still haven't conquered the barrel problem.

I like mine overall, the grip feels good, it feels like a full sized M&P wearing a small size backstrap and the trigger has a short let off. Accuracy is decent, nothing to write home about but for a plinker/practice pistol it does fine. But even though mine is a recently made pistol the barrel will still lead up after a couple hundred rounds.

I had it out a couple weeks ago and somewhere before two hundred rounds the accuracy definitely started falling off. Took it apart at home and the barrel had some moderately severe leading starting about halfway down. Didn't take much work with a brush to get it out but that's still not something that has happened with most any other .22 pistol I've ever owned.

Again, that said, I like it for what it is.

I inspected the barrel in my TX22 before purchase (2 weeks ago) and it looked very good. After 300ish rounds the barrel looks like the day I made the purchase. Suppose it can still turn to crap after a few hundred more.

The sights are OK but leave a bit to be desired. Have an extra Burris FFIII laying around so ordered a plate to give it a go.

Nice that the barrel comes threaded and with the suppressor adapter included.

Have one mag extension from Galloway which now converters a 16rd into a 20rd.

Seems to eat a variety of ammo with no hiccups.

Not much to not like.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I checked mine with a borescope and don't see anything really nasty in there but obviously something's going on. I might give it a few dozen strokes with JB paste to see if that helps and if not might call Taurus support to see if they would send me a new barrel.

What mounting plate did you order for your Burris and where did you order it? I don't see an adapter specifically for the TX22 listed on the Burris website. The "adjustable" sights are pretty minimal, I had moved mine hard left and they popped back to center overnight.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Do the hybrid poly slides break on those, too?

Naw….they aint gots one of those. It just goes bang, bang, bang when I pulls da trigger....LOL

Handy little sidearms they are. The gentlemen I bought it from many years ago, was dying of cancer and he knew it. He wanted someone to have it that would appreciate it. He "Sold" it to me for $100 with a Heiser shoulder holster and a little leather pouch with a mix/match of ammunition. He said he purchased it brand new from the Sporting Goods store he was working in at the time....told me it had accounted for countless Coons, Opossums, Grouse, Porkies and more than a few Deer when the chance arose! If that gun could talk, I'm sure it would have stories to tell!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever you do, don't post a pic. The grockers will keel over from the sheer beauty of John Moses' design. They're too used to looking at black plastic to handle the sight of one....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On second thought, post a pic of the Heiser. It'll drive the web gear bastids bonkers....

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by huntsman22
On second thought, post a pic of the Heiser. It'll drive the web gear bastids bonkers....

Alas, but I wish I could. The Ex-wife tossed it in the garbage during our separation prior to divorce...….nuff said, right?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I did a quick search and from what I'm reading both models are hammer fired, not striker fired, so the feel of the trigger is going to be different from the center fire striker fired models. What's awful about it? Is it supposed to be a crisp single action type trigger and they blew the "crisp" part or did they try to mimic the staple gun feel of the center fire?

Stiff, dragging, and heavy for the most part... had a bunch of new shooters trying a bunch of rf pistols and it was last choice of the bunch. They ranged from S&W 41 to Ruger LCP... mostly mid-range stuff. No one shot the M&P twice and several pistols stayed hot continuously for the duration.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I did a quick search and from what I'm reading both models are hammer fired, not striker fired, so the feel of the trigger is going to be different from the center fire striker fired models. What's awful about it? Is it supposed to be a crisp single action type trigger and they blew the "crisp" part or did they try to mimic the staple gun feel of the center fire?

Stiff, dragging, and heavy for the most part... had a bunch of new shooters trying a bunch of rf pistols and it was last choice of the bunch. They ranged from S&W 41 to Ruger LCP... mostly mid-range stuff. No one shot the M&P twice and several pistols stayed hot continuously for the duration.

This thread, which started out about the G44, has bounced around among various .22 pistols, and I'm too lazy to dissect the discussion points.

Sitka Deer, which pistol are you referring to as stiff, dragging, and heavy?

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I'm not a Glock guy. If I decide I need a polymer 22, my choices will be M&P compact, Ruger SR, or even the Ruger LCR II 22LR. I think any of them will serve the same purpose, and be less expensive.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

This thread, which started out about the G44, has bounced around among various .22 pistols, and I'm too lazy to dissect the discussion points.

Sitka Deer, which pistol are you referring to as stiff, dragging, and heavy?

Paul

The M&P.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Hate to be a stick in the mud, but I'm not a Glock guy. If I decide I need a polymer 22, my choices will be M&P compact, Ruger SR, or even the Ruger LCR II 22LR. I think any of them will serve the same purpose, and be less expensive.

The Taurus TX22 has been an unexpected surprise (in a good way).

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Finally got to shoot my G44. Here's a link to how it went:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...14530412/my-glock-44-review#Post14530412

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ran over 500 rounds of CCI Blazer through the G44 this past weekend. First mag had a double feed on the first round, but it didn't look like it was seated properly (I didn't load that mag), The rest ran fine, no malfunctions. Was suppressed and a lot of fun to shoot. Needs a better trigger and sights, it's very light and a bit harder to shoot.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JB in SC: Thanks for your input.
Maybe I'll get back on the "band-wagon"?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 50 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,405
Posts18,470,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.