Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Early on the TX22 had a run of bad barrels.

Originally Posted by FAIR_CHASE
Trigger on the TX22 is very good.

Ditto on both and it would seem they still haven't conquered the barrel problem.

I like mine overall, the grip feels good, it feels like a full sized M&P wearing a small size backstrap and the trigger has a short let off. Accuracy is decent, nothing to write home about but for a plinker/practice pistol it does fine. But even though mine is a recently made pistol the barrel will still lead up after a couple hundred rounds.

I had it out a couple weeks ago and somewhere before two hundred rounds the accuracy definitely started falling off. Took it apart at home and the barrel had some moderately severe leading starting about halfway down. Didn't take much work with a brush to get it out but that's still not something that has happened with most any other .22 pistol I've ever owned.

Again, that said, I like it for what it is.

I inspected the barrel in my TX22 before purchase (2 weeks ago) and it looked very good. After 300ish rounds the barrel looks like the day I made the purchase. Suppose it can still turn to crap after a few hundred more.

The sights are OK but leave a bit to be desired. Have an extra Burris FFIII laying around so ordered a plate to give it a go.

Nice that the barrel comes threaded and with the suppressor adapter included.

Have one mag extension from Galloway which now converters a 16rd into a 20rd.

Seems to eat a variety of ammo with no hiccups.

Not much to not like.