I picked mine up on Monday and today was my first chance to shoot it. I put 120 rounds of Remington Golden Bullet and 50 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt ammo through it. First impressions:

1. The magazines are easy to load, but be sure of following Glock's instructions to only lower the follower enough to insert one round at a time. Otherwise they will not stack correctly, especially the final 2 or 3 rounds. If you load the mags deliberately, all is fine.

2. It handles exactly like a G-19, except it only weighs 14.5 ounces empty.

3. The recoil is a bit snappy for a .22. It feels like you are shooting a real gun.

4. It shot exactly to point of aim at 20 yards. The bullets were hitting dead center for windage and an inch over the top of the front sight.

5. It kept EVERY shot within 2 inches at 20 yards when fired from a supported position.

6. I could ring steel with it every shot at 15 yards rapid fire.

7. There were NO malfunctions of any kind, right from the start. It doesn't seem to need a break-in period.

8. Where has this gun been all my life? It is a GREAT little pistol.

9. If I was ever going to pick a .22 handgun for defense (which I am not), THIS would be the one to pick. It would be a nice gun for Grandma to keep on the nightstand.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...