Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Originally Posted by Nebraska

I wonder if the reduced power of a 22lr would prevent a MOS option?? No big deal because I love my Ruger 22s anyway but I'll still cross my fingers!

Just watched a lengthy review on TFB about it, and that is indeed the case. Said something about their main goal for now was reliability across the board with various 22 ammo manufacturers and loads and that to ensure such, the MOS wasn't there for now. They said that they normally spend 1-year developing a new pistol. Said they spent 3 years on this one to make sure that it had their "Glock reliability" even with 22 ammo. They said that is also why it is initially only offered with a single-stack 10-rd mag.

Oh, and the threaded barrel isn't available right now as a different version, you can just order the gun and then also order the extra barrel if you want a threaded one. At least for now.

Glock deserves applause for going the extra mile to ensure reliability. Three times the normal development to be sure their product works, some competitors should feel embarrassed. That's not marketing in as much as a company that goes to that effort & gets proven will have a gun that sells itself. I love shooting 22's but some picky semi-auto pistols sure can take the fun out of things. I wish Glock all the best, if true to their statements, they've earned all the dollars they can make.

Well said, and I agree 100%.

Personally, I can't get excited about magazine capacity greater than 10, or the whole suppressor thing. I'm not planning on joining MOSSAD.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.