Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by KFWA
who created the creator is what I want to know.

That's what separates him from creation, i.e., he's uncreated.

Sounds like special pleading to me.

Okay. So what? No one claims that faith is the result of scientific proof.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
In regards to the opening statement, two words, Poppycock, balderdash.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In other words, be it logical or not, someone can believe whatever they like.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jag, serious question. Do you really believe that anyone who accepts evolution is an atheist?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
I think God created evolution. He made the ball and started it rolling. Then it followed the laws of science, which He created.

And I thank Him for it, every day. And for beer, and boobs.

P

Winner winner chicken dinner

You can lead a horse...
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DBT

In other words, be it logical or not, someone can believe whatever they like.

DBT,

Yes, after all we live in America................one can believe ANYTHING...............without fear of being pilloried, put in the stocks, subjected to the rack, or burned with hot irons until they recant.................at least I think we can.

Jag,

I believe there's something out there,that belief doesn't conflict with my understanding of evolution as a couple of others here have pointed out. My understanding of evolution (science, pretty well documented in some folks' world) does conflict with a book written and passed down before "science" was even cogently expressed as an idea. Folks back then observed flies on mud and concluded they were spouted from the dirt. And other now proven silly ideas.

That "something" I believe is out there...................not sure where/when it became a "HE". Pretty sure it was just the language of the times used to express that idea, just as in many cases in most Latin languages the male pronoun "el" (il in Italian") is used when identifying something gender neutral. "He" was good term for many, for a long long time, but for me it doesn't necessarily mean that what I believe is out there has a dick and balls. "Something" saved me from a miserable life and allowed me to get to Medicare age (which was a very unlikely possibility at one time) , please don't tell me it was some All Powerful Dude.

I've got to put together a Costco order, use an Amazon gift card for a drill battery, and do a few other things. I'm not gonna have time to watch the "fun" video today either I think, then there's maybe a recycling run to town, the bank, maybe lunch with some friends, or maybe a I just take a nap so I can stay up late and watch hockey.

Take care and try not to get so worked up.

OH, are you sure Trump is a "believer"? Hopefully he's matured and his non-believer actions like grabbing a handful of puzzy when he wants are all in the past.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by jaguartx
You atheists are all alike. You tout "scientific evidence". Then, when presented with contrary scientific evidence, you turn and run, knowing you dont have the intelligence to refute real science.

Another hilarious thread on the Fire.

If you go look at the videos the man that posted this on Youtube has on his channel you'd plainly see he is just making fun of crazy conspiracy theorist.

He has everything from "the hoax moon landing" to "flat earther" stuff.

It was a joke Jag, it was a joke!

It was intended to be viewed as a comedy for the humor involved, but leave it to the Fire to waste 7 pages attempting to debunk it.

LOL...........

I saw the errors immediately, but sadly there are many seeing agreement with their positions only. So it must be true.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
This thread entertains me...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, which one of you geniuses want to explain how DNA can mutate to a higher life form exactly the same in 2 different individuals of the opposite sex in near proximity to each other so they can successfully mate and thus propagate their new species into a viable geographically expanding new life form?

Valsdad? DBT?

Your question demonstrates a profound misunderstanding. Evolution occurs at the population level.

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The “serious scientific video” presented in the OP is a cesspool of ignorance, fallacies, unsupported assertions and even a quote mine from Darwin. So let’s pull on our rubber boots and wade on in.

For the sake of clarity there follows a definition of evolution as understood by scientists, but not necessarily by those who obtained degrees in Truthology from Christian Tech.

Evolution (ToE): Unless otherwise specified, the scientific context always refers to an explanation of biodiversity via population mechanics; summarily defined as ‘descent with inherent [genetic] modification’: Paraphrased for clarity, it is a process of varying allele frequencies among reproductive populations; leading to (usually subtle) changes in the morphological or physiological composition of descendant subsets. When compiled over successive generations, these can expand biodiversity when continuing variation between genetically-isolated groups eventually lead to one or more descendant branches increasingly distinct from their ancestors or cousins. (Aron Ra)

Evolution is not a law…

Law [of nature]: A general statement in science which is always true under a given set of circumstances. (Aron Ra)

So, of course evolution is not a law. It is both a fact and a theory.

Fact: A point of data which is either not in dispute, or is indisputable in that it is objectively verifiable. (Aron Ra)

Google: “observed instances of speciation” and you can find hundreds of peer-reviewed papers.

The Theory of Evolution will never become a law of science…

Correct. A scientific theory can never become a law because laws are included within theories.

Theory: A body of knowledge including all known facts, hypotheses, and natural laws relevant to a particular field of study. A proposed explanation of a set of related facts or a given phenomenon. (Aron Ra)

They can never develop a cat by selective breeding dogs.

Correct. And no sane scientist believes that the ToE makes such an absurd assertion. The author has neglected to quote any scientist, paper or textbook. This is a common Creationist lie lifted from Ray Comfort videos.

Natural selection can never extend outside of the DNA limit.

Natural selection is the recognition that members of a population that are well-suited to their environment have greater reproductive success, on average, than those that are not so well-suited. The author gives no clue of the nature of a “DNA limit” or what it has to do with natural selection. And, unusually for a scientific argument, gave no citation.

DNA cannot be changed into a new species by natural selection.

Vacuous drivel. Since DNA is not a species, of course, it cannot be changed into another species.

The “Living Fossil” fish proves evolution is wrong. This fish [coelacanth] was claimed to be a transitional form with half-formed legs and primitive lungs, ready to transition to land.

Citation needed. Who said the coelacanth had half-formed (whatever that means) legs and primitive lungs. How does its existence prove evolution wrong? The modern coelacanth is in the same taxonomic Order as the various fossil species but not even in the same taxonomic Family. To show the distance in this relationship in a way the author might understand: dogs, cats, bears, seals and weasels are in the same taxonomic Order.

“A transitional fossil is one that looks like it’s from an organism intermediate between two lineages, meaning it has some characteristics of lineage A, some characteristics of lineage B, and probably some characteristics part way between the two.
Transitional fossils can occur between groups of any taxonomic level, such as between species, between orders, etc. Ideally, the transitional fossil should be found stratigraphically between the first occurrence of the ancestral lineage and the first occurrence of the descendent lineage...”
-Quoted from the Young Earth Creationist website, WasDarwinRight.com.

Single cell complexity proves evolution is wrong.

Another assertion extracted from the seventh planet. If he could demonstrate any such thing he is guaranteed a Nobel Prize. Guess he doesn’t need a million bucks.

The theory developed that perhaps lightning struck a pond of water, causing several molecules to combine in a random way, which by chance resulted in a living cell.

If the author uses Ben Stein’s material he should give him credit. Maybe they can get together and discuss their vapid misunderstanding of abiogenesis (look it up).

Order out of chaos proves evolution is wrong. The second law of thermodynamics proves that organization cannot flow from chaos.

The Second Law says that in a closed system, one from which matter and energy cannot enter or exit, the amount of energy available to do work cannot increase. Perhaps the author exists in a closed system where knowledge and understanding cannot enter.

Chromosome count proves evolution is wrong.

Another assertion without evidence or explanation.

No evidence that species can change the number of chromosomes within the DNA. Each species is locked into its chromosome count that cannot be changed.

There are no chromosomes in DNA. Chromosomes are composed of DNA.

Ever hear of polyploidy?
“Polyploidy
J.S. Heslop-Harrison, in Encyclopedia of Genetics, 2001
Polyploidy in Evolution
Polyploidy, involving the presence of multiple copies of identical or similar chromosome sets in one species, is an important feature of species evolution in the plant, animal, and fungal kingdoms. Polyploidy is widely considered to be an enabling force in evolution. Because chromosome sets are duplicated in polyploids, heterozygosity may be fixed, and random mutation or factors modulating gene expression may be buffered (unlike a diploid), so new genes and gene functions may evolve, leaving the original function in the other chromosome set.
Polyploidy is seen in many angiosperm plant species, and the related diploid species can be readily identified. More than 50% of all plants are obvious polyploids, while detailed studies are showing that many other species are crypto- or paleopolyploids.”

And it’s not just plants, as you can find with a 5 minute internet search.
Bedbugs have 29-47 chromosomes
domestic sheep 52-53
Asian wild ass 51-52
Equis hemionus kulan 54-55
Donkeys 62
Horses 64
Mules 63
There are many more examples.

The author of the video kindly presented in the OP is clearly full of beans and has no clue about science. He has merely repeated Creationist claims that have already been refuted thousands of times and provided nothing in the way of evidence.

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Nicely done.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Order out of chaos proves evolution is wrong. The second law of thermodynamics proves that organization cannot flow from chaos.

The Second Law says that in a closed system, one from which matter and energy cannot enter or exit, the amount of energy available to do work cannot increase. Perhaps the author exists in a closed system where knowledge and understanding cannot enter.

That's good wswolf.

only a few hundred posts since 2009...................perhaps you'd consider joining our "discussions" more frequently?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Nicely done.

If only logic and fact could pierce that void...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
HAHAHAHAHA HOLY CRAP I almost missed this masterpiece...

Jag finds another ridiculous video... posts it thinking it supports his claim.... doesnt realize his video source is satire..

Then goes on a multi post rant about everyone who disagrees with him being democraps, stupid idiots and how he is way smarter than him.

Please lord, I pray to you... give dr jagoff the power to quit being so dumb and dysfunctional. He is taking this internet forum stuff way too seriously. Hes also clearly abusing some substance, otherwise if he was in fact a medical doctor of some sort as he claims, he really couldnt be this stupid.

Lord I ask of you to cure him of his issues.... as he has made it clear they wont evolve out of him anytime soon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGA seriously man, your great entertainment... not only the grumpiest [bleep] Ive ever seen on the net, the most outspoken moron at that too!

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is entertaining in a way. Poor Jag.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Good post, Wolf.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wswolf
The “serious scientific video” presented in the OP is a cesspool of ignorance, fallacies, unsupported assertions and even a quote mine from Darwin. So let’s pull on our rubber boots and wade on in.

For the sake of clarity there follows a definition of evolution as understood by scientists, but not necessarily by those who obtained degrees in Truthology from Christian Tech.

Evolution (ToE): Unless otherwise specified, the scientific context always refers to an explanation of biodiversity via population mechanics; summarily defined as ‘descent with inherent [genetic] modification’: Paraphrased for clarity, it is a process of varying allele frequencies among reproductive populations; leading to (usually subtle) changes in the morphological or physiological composition of descendant subsets. When compiled over successive generations, these can expand biodiversity when continuing variation between genetically-isolated groups eventually lead to one or more descendant branches increasingly distinct from their ancestors or cousins. (Aron Ra)

Evolution is not a law…

Law [of nature]: A general statement in science which is always true under a given set of circumstances. (Aron Ra)

Fact: A point of data which is either not in dispute, or is indisputable in that it is objectively verifiable. (Aron Ra)

Google: “observed instances of speciation” and you can find hundreds of peer-reviewed papers.

Correct. A scientific theory can never become a law because laws are included within theories.

Theory: A body of knowledge including all known facts, hypotheses, and natural laws relevant to a particular field of study. A proposed explanation of a set of related facts or a given phenomenon. (Aron Ra)

Correct. And no sane scientist believes that the ToE makes such an absurd assertion. The author has neglected to quote any scientist, paper or textbook. This is a common Creationist lie lifted from Ray Comfort videos.

Natural selection is the recognition that members of a population that are well-suited to their environment have greater reproductive success, on average, than those that are not so well-suited. The author gives no clue of the nature of a “DNA limit” or what it has to do with natural selection. And, unusually for a scientific argument, gave no citation.

Vacuous drivel. Since DNA is not a species, of course, it cannot be changed into another species.

The “Living Fossil” fish proves evolution is wrong. This fish [coelacanth] was claimed to be a transitional form with half-formed legs and primitive lungs, ready to transition to land.

Citation needed. Who said the coelacanth had half-formed (whatever that means) legs and primitive lungs. How does its existence prove evolution wrong? The modern coelacanth is in the same taxonomic Order as the various fossil species but not even in the same taxonomic Family. To show the distance in this relationship in a way the author might understand: dogs, cats, bears, seals and weasels are in the same taxonomic Order.

“A transitional fossil is one that looks like it’s from an organism intermediate between two lineages, meaning it has some characteristics of lineage A, some characteristics of lineage B, and probably some characteristics part way between the two.
Transitional fossils can occur between groups of any taxonomic level, such as between species, between orders, etc. Ideally, the transitional fossil should be found stratigraphically between the first occurrence of the ancestral lineage and the first occurrence of the descendent lineage...”

Another assertion extracted from the seventh planet. If he could demonstrate any such thing he is guaranteed a Nobel Prize. Guess he doesn’t need a million bucks.

The theory developed that perhaps lightning struck a pond of water, causing several molecules to combine in a random way, which by chance resulted in a living cell.

If the author uses Ben Stein’s material he should give him credit. Maybe they can get together and discuss their vapid misunderstanding of abiogenesis (look it up).

No evidence that species can change the number of chromosomes within the DNA. Each species is locked into its chromosome count that cannot be changed.

Ever hear of polyploidy?
“Polyploidy
Polyploidy in Evolution
Polyploidy, involving the presence of multiple copies of identical or similar chromosome sets in one species, is an important feature of species evolution in the plant, animal, and fungal kingdoms. Polyploidy is widely considered to be an enabling force in evolution. Because chromosome sets are duplicated in polyploids, heterozygosity may be fixed, and random mutation or factors modulating gene expression may be buffered (unlike a diploid), so new genes and gene functions may evolve, leaving the original function in the other chromosome set.
Polyploidy is seen in many angiosperm plant species, and the related diploid species can be readily identified. More than 50% of all plants are obvious polyploids, while detailed studies are showing that many other species are crypto- or paleopolyploids.”

domestic sheep 52-53
Asian wild ass 51-52
Donkeys 62
Horses 64
Mules 63

The author of the video kindly presented in the OP is clearly full of beans and has no clue about science. He has merely repeated Creationist claims that have already been refuted thousands of times and provided nothing in the way of evidence.

In logic this is called "elephant hurling". You through a lot out and hope something sticks.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

Jag finds another ridiculous video... posts it thinking it supports his claim.... doesnt realize his video source is satire..

Then goes on a multi post rant about everyone who disagrees with him being democraps, stupid idiots and how he is way smarter than him.

Please lord, I pray to you... give dr jagoff the power to quit being so dumb and dysfunctional. He is taking this internet forum stuff way too seriously. Hes also clearly abusing some substance, otherwise if he was in fact a medical doctor of some sort as he claims, he really couldnt be this stupid.

Lord I ask of you to cure him of his issues.... as he has made it clear they wont evolve out of him anytime soon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGA seriously man, your great entertainment... not only the grumpiest [bleep] Ive ever seen on the net, the most outspoken moron at that too!

If you're going to ridicule someone for intelligence, you could at least use "you're" instead of "your" in "you great entertainment". You're entertaining to me.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by wswolf

Evolution is not a law…

Ever hear of polyploidy?
“Polyploidy
Polyploidy in Evolution

domestic sheep 52-53
Asian wild ass 51-52
Donkeys 62
Horses 64
Mules 63

Still waiting for someone to explain how the first bird that was born as a DNA defect and of one sex happened to be across the pond of another with the same DNA defect changing making it a bird but of the opposite sex so they could propagate.

How many more thousands of years will be required for eskimos to be covered in long hair?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Ejp1234

If you're going to ridicule someone for intelligence, you could at least use "you're" instead of "your" in "you great entertainment". You're entertaining to me.

Thanks for that.... however am I the one ridiculing people for intelligence here or is it Dr Jagoff? The evidence is overwhelming that its not I...

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (204guy, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 19rabbit52, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,229
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.