Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I guess I'll have to take the opposite view than most on here.

1) A coyote is stouter and more formidable than a bobcat. Bobcats are built kinda fragile compared to a coyote.

2) There's been several attacks and even some fatalities by coyotes. I don't know of any fatalities from bobcats.

3) Remember the guy a few months back that killed the half grown mountain lion with his bare hands? I'm sure someone has killed a coyote with bare hands, but I'm not familiar with any. I have seen plenty of pissed off, trapped coyotes or wounded coyotes that had lots of fight in them.

My shooting sticks still carry the marks of when I had to use them to pin a coyote to the ground to break up the fight between he and Buster, so I could shoot it point blank. That coyote bit the sticks and jerked them outta my hand.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

1) A coyote is stouter and more formidable than a bobcat. Bobcats are built kinda fragile compared to a coyote.

2) There's been several attacks and even some fatalities by coyotes. I don't know of any fatalities from bobcats.

3) Remember the guy a few months back that killed the half grown mountain lion with his bare hands? I'm sure someone has killed a coyote with bare hands, but I'm not familiar with any. I have seen plenty of pissed off, trapped coyotes or wounded coyotes that had lots of fight in them.

My shooting sticks still carry the marks of when I had to use them to pin a coyote to the ground to break up the fight between he and Buster, so I could shoot it point blank. That coyote bit the sticks and jerked them outta my hand.
I'd take the same stance. I've run coyotes and bobcats with hounds. If a good cat hound catches a cat on the ground it's often over for the cat real quick. An experienced hound will often grab a cat right up, shake the shyt out of it and kill it almost instantly. On the other hand a coyote is no pushover, often bites a dog up good and occasionally kills a dog. Cats are pansies in comparison.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'd take the same stance. I've run coyotes and bobcats with hounds. If a good cat hound catches a cat on the ground it's often over for the cat real quick. An experienced hound will often grab a cat right up, shake the shyt out of it and it's dead almost instantly. On the other hand a coyote is no pushover, often bites the dog all up good and occasionally kills the dog. Cats are pansies in comparison.
that's a hound, do you think you could grab that cat and shake it to death as easily? i've had to take on a pit bull, and i'd rather that, than a pissed off cat.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I'd take the same stance. I've run coyotes and bobcats with hounds. If a good cat hound catches a cat on the ground it's often over for the cat real quick. An experienced hound will often grab a cat right up, shake the shyt out of it and it's dead almost instantly. On the other hand a coyote is no pushover, often bites the dog all up good and occasionally kills the dog. Cats are pansies in comparison.
that's a hound, do you think you could grab that cat and shake it to death as easily? i've had to take on a pit bull, and i'd rather that, than a pissed off cat.
I don't want to tangle with any of them bare handed if I can help it. I've been bit enough times by dogs and raccoons to know it ain't much fun.. My first wife had a huge old Tom cat that I absolutely hated and it hated me right back. That fugger was ill tempered and mean as hell. It also hated my dogs. One day I came into the house with my best rabbit hound {beagle} and that damned cat jumped off the refrigerator right onto his head and commenced to biting the shyt out of him. Without even thinking I grabbed that cat by the scruff of it's neck, jerked it loose from my dog and threw it against the refrigerator as hard as I could.. Never saw any cat that got dead any quicker than that one did. A little off topic maybe but it seemed like a good time to tell the story of the demise of the meanest Tom cat I ever knew.

R
RS308MX Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Great stories guys, thanks!

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
IC B2

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hence the saying; “You’d rather sandpaper a wildcat’s azz......”

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Or...."You'd rather stuff butter up a wildcat's butt with a hot poker than mess with me"

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Rather skin a gorilla in a phone booth, with a rusty pair of nail clippers.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here’s where the govt is missin the boat.

If they’d put on pay per view tax cheats having to fight a coyote or bobcat, contestants choice, we’d have that damn debt paid down in no time

Any o you lads chummy w Trump can forward this on to him

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Man Strangles Coyote to death.

A man in Kensington, New Hampshire, strangled a coyote to death after it attacked his two-year-old son, ending a series of attacks on Monday.

AIan O’Reilly was hiking with his family when he saw a coyote approach in his periphery and go after his son. The coyote grabbed the boy by his clothing, dragging him to the ground, O’Reilly said in an interview with Boston 25 News. The boy’s mother acted quickly and was able to separate the coyote from her son. Luckily, the boy managed to escape without being bitten.

O’Reilly rushed to get between the coyote and his family. He absorbed several aggressive attacks and received bites to the arm and chest. When he realized the animal wasn’t going to leave, he kicked it in the jaw and pinned it to the ground. He was able to grab the coyote’s snout with one hand and place his other on its windpipe. After a nearly 10-minute struggle, O’Reilly killed the animal.

https://www.themeateater.com/hunt/coyote/man-strangles-coyote-to-death-in-new-hampshire

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Do coyotes that don't have rabies attack people?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Sure they do.

Coyotes are omnivores, and kill a good portion of what they eat.

If they perceive a human as weak or "killable", or the odds or numbers favor the coyote, they won't hesitate.

Young children are usually the targets.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I

Sure they do.

If they perceive a human as weak or "killable", or the odds or numbers favor the coyote, they won't hesitate.

I could see that but in the case posted by StoneCutter the coyote seemed to fight with an adult protecting the youngster for about 10 minutes.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D

I won’t be tangling with either.
My brother shot a a “called in” coyote a few years back. He walked out to pick it up, and it was not dead and it charged him in close quarters. He stuck out his gun barrel to fend off the coyote. The coyote latched on to the barrel and he had a tough time pulling the barrel from the coyote. But he did get the barrel back and shot the coyote again at point blank range.
That gun barrel has very visible teeth marks on it.

NRA Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Sure they do.

I could see that but in the case posted by StoneCutter the coyote seemed to fight with an adult protecting the youngster for about 10 minutes.

If you click the link, it says the same coyote attacked 3 people the same day. It probably had rabies..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,200
Posts18,485,185
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.