Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am well aware of Isaiah you quote.

GOD CAN HAVE IT ANY WAY HE LIKES,.. RIGHT?

So it didnt have to be that narrative, unless God
wanted it that way ie: it was not compulsory.

He could easily have totally canned lucifer
Thus sparing his son and Adam and Eve
and mankind from such interelated fates.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
https://www.princeton.edu/news/2020...ry-african-populations-and-describes-its

Debunked huh...

Satire versus Princeton...

Jag versus scientific community

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Ringman
Without the sin of Adam there is no curse. Without the sin of Adam there is no need for Jesus to be our Savior.

Why couldnt God leave good enough alone?

ie; dont put the serpent in the garden to target Eve

Refrain from such and avoid killing your own son
And condemning all of mankind... Win/Win.

You'll never be able to understand.......and neither will the rest of the fools here

Isaiah 55:8-9 (ESV)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

There's the mention of 'fools' again. Must be feature of being Christian to call anyone who dares question the faith a 'fool'

As for the quote....it is the bible that describes the things that God values, thou shall not kill, etc, and it is the Bible that describes God doing the very same things, killing and tormenting people for no real reason.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
I am well aware of Isaiah you quote.

GOD CAN HAVE IT ANY WAY HE LIKES,.. RIGHT?

So it didnt have to be that narrative, unless God
wanted it that way ie: it was not compulsory.

He could easily have totally canned lucifer
Thus sparing his son and Adam and Eve
and mankind from such interelated fates.

Apparently, as simple as it is, that is an inconvenient truth. Maybe truth is only for 'fools.'

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT

There's the mention of 'fools' again. Must be feature of being Christian to call anyone who dares question the faith a 'fool'

As for the quote....it is the bible that describes the things that God values, thou shall not kill, etc, and it is the Bible that describes God doing the very same things, killing and tormenting people for no real reason.

Fool is the term God uses for those that don't believe. It fits pretty well too. If you have a problem with it take it up with Him. Since God spoke the universe and life into existence, He can make the rules.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by wswolf

Your meaning, here is unclear, but if I understand it correctly, it is a mistake to describe a mutation as “a DNA defect”. Having taken a genetics class you should know that not all mutations are negative. Some have a positive effect (with respect to reproductive success) and the majority have no effect at all.

If you don't mind tell us your favorite ten "positive" mutations.

Maybe not ten off the top of my head, but here are a few.

All humans were once lactose intolerant. At several different places, several different mutations (new genes) have occurred. Each of which gave a specific population of humans the ability to consume milk into adulthood, and gave that population a distinct edge in competition for survival.

Further back in history, another mutation occurred in a gene which caused growth in a specific lobe of the brain responsible for verbal communication, and coincided with language development in the species.

And even further back in history, a prior mutation occurred which gave growth to a different lobe of the brain which controls artistic expression and coincided with the appearance of cave paintings.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Isaiah 55:8-9 (ESV)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Sounds like a line Obama or Hillary would use to shame all of us deplorables. "Don't even try to understand. My ways are beyond your comprehension. Trust me, I do all of this for your own good"
ETA to correct quote name

Last edited by Idaho_Shooter; 01/30/20.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
So, how long you figure until they find the missing link. And dont be bringing up Obama.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Jag, you are aware, I assume, that wings (bat, pterosaurs, or bird) are supported by a framework of finger bones, right? The bone structure of wings are adaptations of finger bones. Wings are arms (forelimbs) that are specialized for flight. Some, even today, still bear claws. In some birds, those claws are only present when immature, and disappear later, after they feather out and begin flying.

Again you show foolish faith in what cannot be known. What good was half a wing for any of the creatures you mention. They couldn't fly and they couldn't run. So what would happen to them? They wouldn't make it past the first day before being eaten by a complete predator.

Rich, I think the rhea, the ostrich, the cassowary, the emu, heck even the dodo disprove such thought.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT

Fool is the term God uses for those that don't believe. It fits pretty well too. If you have a problem with it take it up with Him. Since God spoke the universe and life into existence, He can make the rules.

Nobody can take it up with him, he hides himself so well that it's like he doesn't exist at all. Meanwhile it's Christians like you that calls anyone who dares to question a fool as a means of defense. It has nothing to do with God.

Last edited by DBT; 01/30/20.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
So, how long you figure until they find the missing link. And dont be bringing up Obama.

Grin, that is funny!

Missing link?

Many, many missing links have been found. Every few years another missing link is found.

Each discovery brings the puzzle closer to completion, though many pieces are yet to be found.

No intelligent person would claim the fields of archeology or anthropology to be complete yet. But we are a heck of a lot closer than we were 100 years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT

Meanwhile it's Christians like you that calls anyone who dares to question a fool as a means of defense...

Christians dont even believe other christians
They play a constant game of oneupmanship
Thinking that their own personal imagination
as being superior.

This captures them perfectly...

https://images.app.goo.gl/m5Yqx5yg2LkwG3A76

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
True.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i357.photobucket.com]
laffin’

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Every time they find one, your sort asks where the missing link between that one and modern man is. It's an unwinnable game by those rules.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
What good was half a wing for any of the creatures you mention. They couldn't fly and they couldn't run. So what would happen to them? They wouldn't make it past the first day before being eaten by a complete predator.

[Linked Image]
This oviraptor was unable to fly but used its "half wings" to protect a larger clutch of eggs than would be possible with smaller wings increasing its reproductive success.
[Linked Image]
Ostriches use their "half wings" to protect their chicks from heat stroke as well as enabling them to cover a larger clutch of eggs or young in a nest.

Some years ago the University of Montana Zoology Department filmed experiments with immature grouse that were not yet able to fly (they had "half wings"). The grouse were chased up a steeply inclined sheet of plywood. When their "half wings" were bound to their sides they made little progress ascending the plywood. Freed from bindings, flapping their "half wings" while running enabled them to ascent the plywood with alacrity. Obviously their "half wings" would increase their chances of escaping from predators. Unfortunately I was unable to find a copy of this video.

When I was about 8 years old, living in Missoula, we kept a few ducks in a pen in the back yard. The ducks had their flight feathers clipped so they could not fly. Occasionally a duck would escape the pen and with a combination of flapping its"half wings" and running could easily out-distance anyone chasing it. It could only be caught by cornering it somehow.

Ringman, will you now agree that a half wing can confer a benefit on its possessor?

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you don't mind tell us your favorite ten "positive" mutations.

I don't know that I could pick a favorite but here are some to add to those kindly provided by Idaho Shooter;

1 - Apolipoprotein AI-Milano – removes cholesterol from cell walls
2 - Increased bone density
3- Malaria resistance – a variant of hemoglobin, named HbC provided up to 93% resistance
4- Tetrachromatic vision
Reference for 1-4: https://bigthink.com/daylight-atheism/evolution-is-still-happening-beneficial-mutations-in-humans

Numbers 5 an 6 below are from: https://www.pnas.org/content/113/10/2554#ref-3
as are links to 16 peer-reviewed papers on the very subject you asked for.

5- people who have particular mutations in a gene called SLC30A8 (Solute carrier family 30, member 8) are 65% less likely to get diabetes, even when they have risk factors like obesity (1)

6 - One percent of Northern Europeans are now known to carry a mutation in a gene called CCR-5 that renders a cellular receptor defective and confers total immunity from HIV infection(2)

Flannick J, et al., Go-T2D Consortium, T2D-GENES Consortium
(2014) Loss-of-function mutations in SLC30A8 protect against type 2 diabetes. Nat Genet 46(4):357–363

Liu R, et al.
(1996) Homozygous defect in HIV-1 coreceptor accounts for resistance of some multiply-exposed individuals to HIV-1 infection. Cell 86(3):367–377

Levine ME,
Crimmins EM
(2015) A genetic network associated with stress resistance, longevity, and cancer in humans. J Gerontol Ser A, in press

Freudenberg-Hua Y, et al.
(2014) Disease variants in genomes of 44 centenarians. Mol Genet Genomic Med 2(5):438–450
Johnston JJ, et al.
(2015) Individualized iterative phenotyping for genome-wide analysis of loss-of-function mutations. Am J Hum Genet 96(6):913–925

Barzilai N, et al.
(2010) Genetic studies reveal the role of the endocrine and metabolic systems in aging. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95(10):4493–4500

Schechter CB,
Barzilai N,
Crandall JP,
Atzmon G
(2010) Cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) genotype and reduced CETP levels associated with decreased prevalence of hypertension. Mayo Clin Proc 85(6):522–526

Stitziel NO, et al., Myocardial Infarction Genetics Consortium Investigators
(2014) Inactivating mutations in NPC1L1 and protection from coronary heart disease. N Engl J Med 371(22):2072–2082

Côté M, et al.
(2011) Small molecule inhibitors reveal Niemann-Pick C1 is essential for Ebola virus infection. Nature 477(7364):344–348

Hsu T-H,
Spindler KR
(2012) Identifying host factors that regulate viral infection. PLoS Pathogens 8(7):e1002772

Band G,
Rockett KA,
Spencer CC,
Kwiatkowski DP, Malaria Genomic Epidemiology Network
(2015) A novel locus of resistance to severe malaria in a region of ancient balancing selection. Nature 526(7572):253–257

Mead S, et al.
(2009) A novel protective prion protein variant that colocalizes with kuru exposure. N Engl J Med 361(21):2056–2065
Asante EA, et al.
(2015) A naturally occurring variant of the human prion protein completely prevents prion disease. Nature 522(7557):478–481

Iqbal S, et al.
(2015) Serum- glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 1 confers protection in cell-based and in in vivo neurotoxin models via the c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol 35(11):1992–2006

Cannon CP, et al., IMPROVE-IT Investigators
(2015) Ezetimibe added to statin therapy after acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med 372(25):2387–2397

Friend SH,
Schadt EE
(2014) Translational genomics. Clues from the resilient. Science 344(6187):970–972
Gudbjartsson DF, et al.
(2015) Large-scale whole-genome sequencing of the Icelandic population. Nat Genet 47(5):435–444

Ringman, do you just rely on the logical fallacy of False Dichotomy, thinking that flinging poo at the theory of evolution will somehow support you view? If you have positive evidence for any of your claims please be so kind as to present it.

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wswolf
What good was half a wing for any of the creatures you mention. They couldn't fly and they couldn't run. So what would happen to them? They wouldn't make it past the first day before being eaten by a complete predator.

[Linked Image]
This oviraptor was unable to fly but used its "half wings" to protect a larger clutch of eggs than would be possible with smaller wings increasing its reproductive success.
[Linked Image]
Ostriches use their "half wings" to protect their chicks from heat stroke as well as enabling them to cover a larger clutch of eggs or young in a nest.

Some years ago the University of Montana Zoology Department filmed experiments with immature grouse that were not yet able to fly (they had "half wings"). The grouse were chased up a steeply inclined sheet of plywood. When their "half wings" were bound to their sides they made little progress ascending the plywood. Freed from bindings, flapping their "half wings" while running enabled them to ascent the plywood with alacrity. Obviously their "half wings" would increase their chances of escaping from predators. Unfortunately I was unable to find a copy of this video.

When I was about 8 years old, living in Missoula, we kept a few ducks in a pen in the back yard. The ducks had their flight feathers clipped so they could not fly. Occasionally a duck would escape the pen and with a combination of flapping its"half wings" and running could easily out-distance anyone chasing it. It could only be caught by cornering it somehow.

Ringman, will you now agree that a half wing can confer a benefit on its possessor?

Either Ringman or JTX will be along shortly to tell us that it's a trap set by Lucifer.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Every time they find one, your sort asks where the missing link between that one and modern man is. It's an unwinnable game by those rules.

Actually, it's worse then that. The also as for the "missing link" between it and the ancestor as well. You didn't find a missing link, you created two more!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
You didn't find a missing link, you created two more!

Exactly.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.