Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
wswolf,

good to see you're still around. You need to get with the program around here though.

To wit:

Some years ago the University of Montana Zoology Department filmed experiments with immature grouse that were not yet able to fly

You are referencing University experiments here, most likely conducted by "scientists", those dreaded evil minions of the Dark Lord, ol' Mr Pointy Tail himself.

They are personae non gratae around here, especially the ones from the halls of Academia.

Please refrain from referencing such in the future, some find it upsetting.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
wswolf,

good to see you're still around. You need to get with the program around here though.

To wit:

Some years ago the University of Montana Zoology Department filmed experiments with immature grouse that were not yet able to fly

You are referencing University experiments here, most likely conducted by "scientists", those dreaded evil minions of the Dark Lord, ol' Mr Pointy Tail himself.

They are personae non gratae around here, especially the ones from the halls of Academia.

Geno

Additionally, can there be such a thing as a "Montana Scientist", after all, Scientist only come from the most liberal places such as Berkeley and Boulder.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
wswolf,

To wit:

Geno

Additionally, can there be such a thing as a "Montana Scientist", after all, Scientist only come from the most liberal places such as San Francisco and New York.

Yes, but haven't you heard? Are you sheltered there?

Liberals, even the scientist kind, are moving to MT every hour, droves of them (good MT word there) selling their high equity places in NY and SF and moving to places like Bozeman and Billings. I don't think they've reached the High Line yet............Jim might kick them out..............unless they can help him figure out how to raise better wheat so he gets a higher price from the Japanese. Sam O would like them to figure out how to keep sticky fingers off his truck tools. Those two guys have no use for a scientist studying short winged grouse and sheets of plywood. (really, how stupid is that?)

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You are referencing University experiments here, most likely conducted by "scientists", those dreaded evil minions of the Dark Lord, ol' Mr Pointy Tail himself. They are personae non gratae around here, especially the ones from the halls of Academia. Please refrain from referencing such in the future, some find it upsetting.

Sorry about that. I'll try to restrain myself from mentioning any facts, systematically gathered by highly trained experts who care about what is true.
After all, we shouldn't have any blasphemy interfering with our freedom of thought around here!

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Careful that you are not called a fool. It'll probably happen if you keep using logic and reason.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DBT
Careful that you are not called a fool. It'll probably happen if you keep using logic and reason.

If even a fool figure it out...???

One unerring mark of the love of the truth is not entertaining any proposition with greater assurance than the proofs it is built upon will warrant. John Locke, 1690
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been known to tell fellow posters to stop using logic and reason.

It don't fly well around these parts.

Geno

In it is contentment

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yep.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Maybe logic and reason will catch on and become the next 6.5 Creedmore.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
We can only hope.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wswolf
Maybe logic and reason will catch on and become the next 6.5 Creedmore.

Yeah,

you just keep on thinking that fella.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
wswolf,

To wit:

Geno

Additionally, can there be such a thing as a "Montana Scientist", after all, Scientist only come from the most liberal places such as Berkeley and Boulder.

I should like to point out "Boulder," "Berkeley," and "Bend over" alliterate. Beautifully...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Politics aside Berkeley has a primer on evolution that clearly presents the basics. I wish the science deniers would read it so that they could get a clue about what they are arguing against.

primer on evolution

Amusingly, I was once severely chastised on this forum for mentioning the Berkeley evolution primer because Angela Davis once worked for UCLA. Apparently her previous employment at UCLA somehow rendered invalid anything produced by the Berkeley Biology Dept.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Politics aside Berkeley has a primer on evolution that clearly presents the basics. I wish the science deniers would read it so that they could get a clue about what they are arguing against.

primer on evolution

Amusingly, I was once severely chastised on this forum for mentioning the Berkeley evolution primer because Angela Davis once worked for UCLA. Apparently her previous employment at UCLA somehow rendered invalid anything produced by the Berkeley Biology Dept.

Imagine if she'd ever shot a 6.5 Creedmore. That would really invalidate her opinions.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
If I was real smart, I wouldnt live in Berkeley

https://www.cityofberkeley.info/ready/earthquake/Berkeley/

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

primer on evolution

Reagan was once a high mucky muck in some actors' union I heard.

That should take him off the Campfire Darlin' list by that reasoning, right?

Geno

In it is contentment

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I remember Lancelot Link had a rock band called the Evolution Revolution!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The problem with evolution is it happened before film. No slow motion capture of the events.

It wasn't televised from the beginning.

Even had it been, there's those folks that don't believe in space travel and moon landings. Those are pretty well documented.

Evolution Revolution. Cool name for a band!

Geno

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

primer on evolution

Geno

Before he became a Republican, kind of like Trump? Some of us believe in forgiveness. It's a blessing, thank God.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/01/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jaguartx

primer on evolution

Geno

Before he became a Republican, kind of like Trump? Some of us believe in forgiveness. It's a blessing, thank God.

We all know, Reagan was a liberal! He would be skinned alive by the fire if he was above ground today.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,515
Posts18,509,546
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.