Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#14531288 02/02/20
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My heart has been in a- fib sense at least dec2. Going in Thursday to have ablasion done to try to correct it. They shock me twice a few weeks ago and it didn’t help. Hope it works.never knew so many people have this problem.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good luck Sir. That stuff is unnerving at best.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s the most common dysthymia in America. Millions of people have it. And if it’s rate controlled, they don’t even know it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Wishing you good luck and speedy recovery!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My best bud had that done several times over the years.

2 years ago they tried to do the ablasion on him and they stopped because it started slowing his heart to low.

He woke with a pace maker in his left chest.

He had gone onto a-fib once after and the pacemaker kept him from feeling it when it happened.

It just took one time to get him flipped back to the right rhythm.

He took a few days to get over it and has not looked back.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have Afib. The hospital nearly killed me last year trying to bring me out of it. They injected me and dropped my blood pressure to 50 over 48. I thought I was going to die. Now when I slip into afib I don't tell them.

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by moosemike
I have Afib. The hospital nearly killed me last year trying to bring me out of it. They injected me and dropped my blood pressure to 50 over 48. I thought I was going to die. Now when I slip into afib I don't tell them.

You may have a stroke. Big danger of A-fib is blood pooling in the heart during fibulations, starting to clot, then sending that clot to your brain. Not a great idea to ignore it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MikeL2

You may have a stroke. Big danger of A-fib is blood pooling in the heart during fibulations, starting to clot, then sending that clot to your brain. Not a great idea to ignore it.

I can't go in every time. I'm usually back to sinus rhythm within 24-48 hours anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just take a baby aspirin morning and night and keep livin’.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Already do. As well as the other things they have me on.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by MikeL2

I have A-fib and it’s usually a much rare occurrence now. I take Metoprol - which is mainly for high blood pressure, which I’ve never had - but it keeps my heart rate from racing into the high 130’s or low 140’s if I do have the occasional A-fib. I’ve only had it last overnight twice. My normal BP is about 110 over 70 usually.

I also take Warfarin (generic Cumadin) which is an anticoagulant and prevents those blood clots from forming when I am in A-fib. They track my INR once a month to make sure I stay within that 2.0 - 3.0 range that I’m suppose to. If I do have an episode it’s not as violent as it used to be. Whenever I’m in A-fib now my heart beat is usually mid 80’s to low 90”s. My normal resting heart rate is the mid 50’s to mid 60’s.

Good luck.

Last edited by tpcollins; 02/02/20.
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
I have A-flutter. Similar to fib think just different chamber or something? Most of the time it is controlled by meds however it has gone into a consistent flutter 2 times in the last year. I have to have it "shocked" back into rhythm. If continues to do this I will need ablation as well. Dr says high chance of curing issue with ablation. Good luck.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I had a bout of that in the early 90s. I found out I was sensitive to caffeine. I cut down on soft drinks and chocolate, etc. and it stopped. It runs in my family, so I keep an eye on it and still limit my caffeine.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
have had it, onetime heart rate was 178 for about 6 hrs. got light headed.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Has your cardiologist discussed ablation with you?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had an ablation 8 years ago when I was 69. It takes about 60 days for the scar tissue to block
impulses and from then on I've had no issues. 100 days after the ablation I shot a nice dall ram.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Hope it fixes you up! Good luck, let us know please!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There are all different levels of A-fib, some minor, some very serious. It is nothing to play with.

Wife has it, caused a small stroke 5 or 6 years ago, happily I realized something was very wrong and went immediately to a hospital which was only 2 miles away. No lasting effects that we can tell. She had complained about it to doctors for quite a while, two different ones put her on a halter monitor for 24 hours, but since hers was intermittent nothing showed up so neither took it seriously. Take an aspirin, quit caffeine, try these meds, none stopped it. Then came the stroke.

Went though a few years of different meds, blood thinners prevented another stroke but when her heart got out of sinc she couldn't do anything except set down and wait for it to pass. Even Tikosyn didn't stop it. It was terrible, always on guard for another stroke.

SRWSHOOTER, we did the ablation 3 1/2 years ago, it took about 8 hours but it has made a world of difference. They probably told you it has about a 60% chance of stopping the a-fib completely, wife is in the other 40%, but it has made a huge difference. The episodes are much more rare and very mild, it feels like a miracle to us. These days we do what we want, almost as if it weren't there. She still takes Tikosyn, but some of the other meds have been discontinued.

The cardiologist said they could do the ablation again, chances of success would go up quite a bit, for now she's doing well enough that she doesn't want to face that again.

Praying for the best for you Thursday.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had it off and on for many years starting in my thirties. If it flares up I take a baby aspirin.

I also jog and work out just so my heart stays strong and remains accustomed to being in rhythm.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What does A-fib feel like?

I get an odd PVC once a day, that feels like that first big hill on a roller coaster, lasts me about 3 seconds, then my heart skips a beat and then situation is normal.

I’ve had a couple of Holter studies but the seemingly never happen when I got the monitor on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (16gage, 16Racing, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 74 invisible), 3,023 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,349
Posts18,487,864
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.