Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
It's been a while since I was here last and a few of you know why.
It's been a long, hard road dealing with the hunting accident that claimed my Grandfathers life five years ago. A piece of me left that day. A hole that just can't be filled and l would give anything for just one more day with him. He wasn't just my Grandfather, he was my hunting buddy, my hero, the person I looked up to and I strive to be like.
I have tried hunting since and had some success but the joy in it is gone. It just isn't the same. I have, however, been able to reach the point that target shooting is fun again and those guns that used to take down game now just take down paper. Maybe in time I'll try hunting again but not yet.
With that I'll say, cherish that hunting buddy of yours. Go out with them even if you don't feel like it or you want to do something else. Make memories with them that will last a lifetime because you just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money but we never hear about welfare or food stamps running out of money. What's interesting is the first group WORKED for their money but the other group didn't.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's a busy night Buck, sorry about your lose. You must be much younger than I, My fishing grandfather died in 1955.
Stick around, let's have coffee in the morning.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by buckthumper
It's been a while since I was here last and a few of you know why.
It's been a long, hard road dealing with the hunting accident that claimed my Grandfathers life. A piece of me left that day. A hole that just can't be filled and l would give anything for just one more day with him. He wasn't just my Grandfather, he was my hunting buddy, my hero, the person I looked up to and I strive to be like.
I have tried hunting since and had some success but the joy in it is gone. It just isn't the same. I have, however, been able to reach the point that target shooting is fun again and those guns that used to take down game now just take down paper. Maybe in time I'll try hunting again but not yet.
With that I'll say, cherish that hunting buddy of yours. Go out with them even if you don't feel like it or you want to do something else. Make memories with them that will last a lifetime because you just don't know what tomorrow will bring.

I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hope and pray you find peace with it.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Better said than I Jeep.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sorry to hear, hope you find peace through the healing process

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope you have sunnier days, bt, and soon.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Sorry for your loss!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,326 guests, and 1,490 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,678
Posts18,493,850
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.