Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Then God shouldn't wire them up like he does. Guys just don't wake up some day and decide to switch teams. They are born with it.
They are usually abused into it.

I don't believe that except in rare cases. But for the sake of argument, if it is true then God could stop the abuse and prevent it from happening. Same as stopping the priests from molesting kids and cancer in kids.

You are avoiding the devil issue here too. He is VERY strong. So you can't just blame it all on God.

But as to abusing, you could abuse me a long time and the last thing that would come of it would me being gay... thats almost a ridiculous idea to me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Pugs
I'm always surprised that my fellow conservatives, who rightly revere the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, forget the Declaration of Independence. Our freedom to pursue Life Liberty and Happiness is a core idea that led to why we were compelled to form our great country.

Who people sleep with, love and how they behave is no reflection on me or how I feel. As long as they are not hurting anyone else they are acting out their desires on that core tenet and they have as much right as I do to pursue my happiness.

To the core question, I know a bunch including two cousins and an uncle as well as a neighbor and a fair number of folks at work. I don't care as long as they act like responsible citizens, family members and neighbors. I don't need to understand why they think tab A fits into slot B.

TV's come with an off-switch if it bothers you.

Excellent and informed post, Pugs.

People do not choose to be gay (or LBGTQ) - who ever wants to be thought of as they are? This is the way nature (or God, depending on your beliefs) made them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Then God shouldn't wire them up like he does. Guys just don't wake up some day and decide to switch teams. They are born with it.
They are usually abused into it.

It is also a choice they make. They are not born gay.

So you're saying the boy that acts very feminine, looks very feminine, plays with Barbie dolls, who's voice never changes and then ends up with a boyfriend in college wasn't born gay? Was he corrupted in college? No not all gays are obviously physically more like the other sex but they were born with no emotional desire for the other sex, its just the way it is. Granted, some are bisexual there may be an argument for learned behaviour there, I don't know.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Went in to the office.
A few managers, team leaders and me (6 people).
Saw a supervisor walking down hall some ways off, coming to the office I figured.

So I said " hey I read on the web one in seven is queer ".
They looked around and there were only six.

Then in walks the supervisor.

i said " well theres the c*cksucker!"

They freakin howled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A purely libertine post that the Founding Fathers would not have recognized as their idea of freedom or liberty.

You were there to know that?

Let's not forget, some of them didn't recognize freedom and liberty for indentured servants, people of color, women, and Native Americans either.

They wouldn't have recognized an electric light switch , or an aero-plane. Some of them may have looked at them as the Devil's creations, I'd bet most would have accepted them.

And have you seen pictures of how our Founding "Fathers" dressed? Powdered wigs? And those pants (breeches) ? Tell me them pants ain't gay. You'd wear a pair to high school when you were a kid?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I knew a lesbian that was an identical twin.
The other was straight.
Not sure what happened.

Maybe some early trauma?

Do know the queer one smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish.

Do think some folks hormonally programmed to be gay.
Also think for many, its just a choice.

One does not have to be a slave to programming. I disagree w heteros banging all they can. Just because its straight doesnt mean its right.

Talked to my lesbian coworker, about religious view.
Both respectful, just actually wondering where each stood.
She could not believe in a God if He made her queer, and then being queer was a sin.

So....didnt believe in God.

My response was that we all have faults and that we are to go by the Book. That if we gave things to Him to solve, it would work out.

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Rather than try it, she turned away. Refused to try and change and see if something better could be had.
Nice person, proly burning in hell. That sucks.

Died before the age of 50 due to alcoholism.

Guess choosing gay to be happy didnt work so well.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you don't know any, then you either live in a cave or are incredibly obtuse. They are (and always have been ) around us and that they did (or do) in the privacy of their own home is their business. The problem I think is when they try to push their agenda on the rest of us and that's where I take exception. Then again the same can be said of any other agenda or practice I don't agree with and you try to push it....besides, ALL good looking chicks should be "bi" wink

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
hey jorge,

should that wink be a whistle

Maybe a wolf whistle?

smile

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
hey jorge,

should that wink be a whistle

Maybe a wolf whistle?

smile

Geno

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
But as to abusing, you could abuse me a long time and the last thing that would come of it would me being gay... thats almost a ridiculous idea to me.
Were you abused as a child?

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Amazing and wild movie starring Al Pacino and directed by the great Billy Friedkin.

abusus non tollit usum
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by hookeye
I knew a lesbian that was an identical twin.
The other was straight.
Not sure what happened.

Maybe some early trauma?

Do know the queer one smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish.

Do think some folks hormonally programmed to be gay.
Also think for many, its just a choice.

One does not have to be a slave to programming. I disagree w heteros banging all they can. Just because its straight doesnt mean its right.

Talked to my lesbian coworker, about religious view.
Both respectful, just actually wondering where each stood.
She could not believe in a God if He made her queer, and then being queer was a sin.

So....didnt believe in God.

My response was that we all have faults and that we are to go by the Book. That if we gave things to Him to solve, it would work out.

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Rather than try it, she turned away. Refused to try and change and see if something better could be had.
Nice person, proly burning in hell. That sucks.

Died before the age of 50 due to alcoholism.

Guess choosing gay to be happy didnt work so well.

Can you imagine trying to be gay, if someone told you that a God you can't conceive of wanted you to? I doubt it. I didn't ever choose to be attracted to women, it just happened. I'm not even in control of the women I'm attracted to, it's just an automatic reaction. If someone told me that God wanted me to be attracted to fat girls because that was his will, I'd be SOL. I can't imagine how I would even begin to try something like that. I can only imagine gay people must feel kinda the same.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lived a few places where they are common. Never formed any close relationships, even when I was a heathen. They were just too messed up such that I had no desire to have any of their mentally messed up drama splash on me.

Originally Posted by hookeye
Know a bunch of gay people.

Not a damn one is happy, no matter what they claim.
Every one is an alcoholic, chain smoker, or does other drugs,.
Most are medicated for bipolar and other mental disorders.

Yup, there's a bunch of F'd up heteros.
But EVERY gay person I've known, has been way more fugged up.

Self destructive they are.
Moreso than the average person.

I don't get it.

When I deliberately cut out as many drunks, addicts, messed up and evil folks out of my life as I could, only one homosexual acquaintance was left. Dude is actually a bit of a prude and is generally well-adjusted.

But hookeye is right, for the most part. They are a miserable and destructive bunch.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
While I believe that homosexuality is a stain upon mankind, the fact that so many people accept it as "normal", and see nothing wrong with it, is even worse. I'm not saying to hate them and stone them to death, though it's done in other countries, but I am saying that it's wrong to condone it.

God made a man and a woman, and He gave the man a sexual organ that would fit in the woman's sexual organ, and He did so much as not to create a bond between man and woman, but so they could procreate, therefore insuring the survival of the species. Two men who are queers, and two women who are lezzies, cannot procreate, and that goes against the grain of what God intended. You cannot argue with this, as we are children of God and He has told us what He thinks about homosexuality.

So, when you come on here and say that you know some homosexuals, and you see nothing wrong with their behavior, you've just stepped over a line that I believe is an important one. I don't think God wants us to hate them, rather I believe He wants us to show them the error of their ways, in the hopes that they will repent their sins, and get on His side. But, make no mistake about it, God is very plain.........homosexuality is an abomination, and those who practice it will spend eternity in Hell. Do you really want to see someone go there? When you say that you see nothing wrong with it, you've just said that it's okay for them to burn in Hell.

James, I wish that I was as sure of what God wants and/or thinks as you are.
If I were being honest, I really have no clue as to our Creator's specific desires ....and I'm unsure that anyone else does either?
By the way, LOTS of female gay couples have and raise children.
Take Care

He did leave a Book. The easiest to understand bits, aside from the straight histories, are those on moral guidance for personal conduct. Folk might get all confused on transubstantiation, the nature of the Trinity, or the Office of the keys. What mystery is there regarding "Do not steal" or "Do not fornicate?" They got English translations nowadays, so you don't need to read Hebrew or Greek.

People blow squid ink when they really know what the deal is, but don't want to be held to the standard or don't want to have to speak out about it in public.

==============

Two last things:
1. Personal conduct does indeed impact the entire community.
The homosexual who contracts AIDS and then goes on welfare for his $8000/month anti-HIV drugs is just one way to quantify the impact of personal conduct on the community. That is nigh on to $100k/year. Ten such folk is ~$1million/year sucked out of the community.

For $1million/year, how much roadway could be paved, how many classes could be taught, how many inoculations administered, how many calories could be provided for the hungry?

2. License of immoral and destructive conduct leads to more destructive conduct and more people destroyed who would not otherwise be harmed if there was no license.
The trans-foolishness shows his in spades. Some girl in MS or HS decided she ought to be a boy, then three or four other girls decide to go tranny. If the first had ben hammered and dissuaded from the get-go and it made apparent to all that tranny-foolishness was not to be tolerate, those other girls would likely have avoided much grief.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Say that AIDs dude is rich and has insurance?
That $8,000/month may not raise the taxes, but it is still going to impact health insurance rates!

jfruser, thanks for your comment, you hit that one outta the park!

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
While I believe that homosexuality is a stain upon mankind, the fact that so many people accept it as "normal", and see nothing wrong with it, is even worse. I'm not saying to hate them and stone them to death, though it's done in other countries, but I am saying that it's wrong to condone it.

God made a man and a woman, and He gave the man a sexual organ that would fit in the woman's sexual organ, and He did so much as not to create a bond between man and woman, but so they could procreate, therefore insuring the survival of the species. Two men who are queers, and two women who are lezzies, cannot procreate, and that goes against the grain of what God intended. You cannot argue with this, as we are children of God and He has told us what He thinks about homosexuality.

So, when you come on here and say that you know some homosexuals, and you see nothing wrong with their behavior, you've just stepped over a line that I believe is an important one. I don't think God wants us to hate them, rather I believe He wants us to show them the error of their ways, in the hopes that they will repent their sins, and get on His side. But, make no mistake about it, God is very plain.........homosexuality is an abomination, and those who practice it will spend eternity in Hell. Do you really want to see someone go there? When you say that you see nothing wrong with it, you've just said that it's okay for them to burn in Hell.

James, I wish that I was as sure of what God wants and/or thinks as you are.
If I were being honest, I really have no clue as to our Creator's specific desires ....and I'm unsure that anyone else does either?
By the way, LOTS of female gay couples have and raise children.
Take Care

He did leave a Book. The easiest to understand bits, aside from the straight histories, are those on moral guidance for personal conduct. Folk might get all confused on transubstantiation, the nature of the Trinity, or the Office of the keys. What mystery is there regarding "Do not steal" or "Do not fornicate?" They got English translations nowadays, so you don't need to read Hebrew or Greek.

People blow squid ink when they really know what the deal is, but don't want to be held to the standard or don't want to have to speak out about it in public.

==============

Two last things:
1. Personal conduct does indeed impact the entire community.
The homosexual who contracts AIDS and then goes on welfare for his $8000/month anti-HIV drugs is just one way to quantify the impact of personal conduct on the community. That is nigh on to $100k/year. Ten such folk is ~$1million/year sucked out of the community.

For $1million/year, how much roadway could be paved, how many classes could be taught, how many inoculations administered, how many calories could be provided for the hungry?

2. License of immoral and destructive conduct leads to more destructive conduct and more people destroyed who would not otherwise be harmed if there was no license.
The trans-foolishness shows his in spades. Some girl in MS or HS decided she ought to be a boy, then three or four other girls decide to go tranny. If the first had ben hammered and dissuaded from the get-go and it made apparent to all that tranny-foolishness was not to be tolerate, those other girls would likely have avoided much grief.

Amen. Being "tolerant" is how we ended up with transgender teenagers wanting tampons in the men's room and queens reading queer stories to little kids at the library.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jfruser

Ive read said book. More than once.
I dont recall "written by God" at the beginning or end of any of the chapters in "The Book ", I will look again just to be sure.
Men have written lots of books about no shortage of Gods....and can you believe it ? , they all claim to be divinely inspired.

The last sentence in your first paragraph should read... They HAVE English translations..... as opposed to "They got English translations".
If your interpretation of "The Book" is as good as your use of English .... you're probably the last person to be telling anyone what to believe.

You're very obviously Bible belt but out of curiosity , are you Baptist or Pentecostal?

.... like tears in the rain
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I've got a 2nd cousin that is. Our granny was always convinced that it was because he'd peed on an electric fence when he was a kid. She said it "must have overcharged his little battery..."

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The ol ladys dad was gay
Well she said he was bi.
I said suck a d ick and youre gay.

He was also a spoiled rich kid, alcoholic that abandoned his family.

Never amounted to chit, died penniless.

Would have been a total piece of crap if hetero.
Being gay was just his excuse.

Got a gay cousin. A bit smarmy.....always. Raging drunk.
Never bothered me. We' re cool. But he is and always will be a fuggup. If he didnt hook up w some other old rich queen hed been dead by now.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Ever notice how queers are a bit arrogant....snooty.....either in a purely vile pissed at the world manner, or w a dash of Rip Taylor?

Everyone Ive met thought they were special.
Some way more than others.

Art and music.major......can spot a queer from way off.
Amazing how others dont know.

Its obvious.

Kids had a friend from HS. Met him at a game, knew his parents. Told my old lady hes a poof. She said nope.
Two yrs later he comes out of the closet, his parents didnt know.

Makes me wonder if they ever paid any attention to the kid.

College now...away from home, hes gone fuggin crazy.
Hes gonna be dead soon.

Kids say its getting bad. Drama drama.....real and imagined.

Full on psycho

Last edited by hookeye; 02/03/20.
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 22250rem, 219DW, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,799
Posts18,496,275
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.