Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right on, Strong Work!

GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Clark congrats on you hard work you look better than great!

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Shadow approves of this message!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I am fortunate to live where I can get on the bike and run my Lab on a mile circle of residential around and around before I head out down the highway. She is usually ready to go back home in about 5 miles but the enthusiasm she brings to the table always puts me in a good mood. She actually tries to race me most of the way. Her name is Pepper.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 02/04/20.
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Astounding, impressive and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats, RH, well done.

Ive had nowhere near the journey you've had, but at my physical last month my doc was worried about the weight I lost. Said I was pretty much the only patient he has that lost weight without intervention (lap bands, etc). Insisted on doing blood work after I told him all I did was cut carbs. Blood work came back great. Blood pressure, great. Feeling great. Eating great. Just low carb. He kept asking me about exercise. Good grief, I farm, where do I find time to exercise? Your body will tell you what it needs.

Right now, it's telling me to lighten up and have a good glass of rye..... wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
That is a fantastic achievement, RH. You are inspiring a lot of us.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Dogs are great exercise partners

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Shadow approves of this message!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I am fortunate to live where I can get on the bike and run my Lab on a mile circle of residential around and around before I head out down the highway. She is usually ready to go back home in about 5 miles but the enthusiasm she brings to the table always puts me in a good mood. She actually tries to race me most of the way. Her name is Pepper.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Congrats, RH, well done.

Ive had nowhere near the journey you've had, but at my physical last month my doc was worried about the weight I lost. Said I was pretty much the only patient he has that lost weight without intervention (lap bands, etc). Insisted on doing blood work after I told him all I did was cut carbs. Blood work came back great. Blood pressure, great. Feeling great. Eating great. Just low carb. He kept asking me about exercise. Good grief, I farm, where do I find time to exercise? Your body will tell you what it needs.

I'll have a glass or two,or maybe 3 of Sangria with you my friend. Cheers!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
That is one hell of an accomplishment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Freaking awesome, congratulations RH Clark. I've not seen anyone transform like you have. You are quite the man. smile

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That is one hell of an accomplishment.

True,but it was one hell of a long time F up to get that way to start with. The big thing is seeing who you really are rather than who you keep telling yourself you will one day be. That someday I will attitude never gets you anywhere.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 02/04/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Congrats, RH, well done.

Rye is known in some circles as being a complex carbohydrate.
Jus sayin !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great Job that is quite a accomplishment.

I was once 444 lbs at 45 years old. I hadn't stepped on a scale in years so I had no idea i was that heavy. I started that day going low carb dieting and walking most every night 25-40 miles a week. I dropped 120 lbs in a year. Found out I had colon cancer at. So i figure I probably lost half of that weight from the diet and the other half to cancer. Had a colon resection and 24 rounds of chemo. Doctors advised my to stop dieting and just worry about the cancer. Of course with the chemo I had no energy to exercise as much and spent what energy I had on going to work. They gave me steroids to help with the chemo and it made my appetite go crazy. So needless to say I regained to 395 lbs. Hips and back were killing me so I decided to have Gastric bypass. Best decision I have ever made. I was 395 on July 17 2019 had surgery on July 31st 2019. This morning I weighed 257 lbs. Was wearing size 52 jeans in July and am now in size 40 that fits loose. No matter how you do it find a way to lose the weight.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 7mmMato
Great Job that is quite a accomplishment.

I was once 444 lbs at 45 years old. I hadn't stepped on a scale in years so I had no idea i was that heavy. I started that day going low carb dieting and walking most every night 25-40 miles a week. I dropped 120 lbs in a year. Found out I had colon cancer at. So i figure I probably lost half of that weight from the diet and the other half to cancer. Had a colon resection and 24 rounds of chemo. Doctors advised my to stop dieting and just worry about the cancer. Of course with the chemo I had no energy to exercise as much and spent what energy I had on going to work. They gave me steroids to help with the chemo and it made my appetite go crazy. So needless to say I regained to 395 lbs. Hips and back were killing me so I decided to have Gastric bypass. Best decision I have ever made. I was 395 on July 17 2019 had surgery on July 31st 2019. This morning I weighed 257 lbs. Was wearing size 52 jeans in July and am now in size 40 that fits loose. No matter how you do it find a way to lose the weight.

I agree on losing the weight. I want to say however that no matter how much or how little weight you lose nutrition is key. your body has to rebuild,repair and fight against damage every day. You have to give it good nutrition to do that or you won't be healthy no matter how much weight you lose.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Congrats, RH, well done.

Rye is known in some circles as being a complex carbohydrate.
Jus sayin !

Hey, I said I cut carbs, didn't say I cut out carbs.... A man's gotta know his limitations!

In all seriousness, at my size (6'5") and activity level (farm), I need no less than 4,500 calories per day this time of year. There's no way I could go without any carbs. My choice is to severely limit "white" carbs: grains, taters, sugar, soda, etc. Still eat lots of complex carbs in the form or beans, carrots, beets, etc, as well as some simple carbs, mainly dairy. Going without cheese is not an option....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Vek
Most impressive. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm floored.

Now, go make yourself even harder to kill by adding muscle mass and getting stronger. Refer to "The Barbell Prescription" by Johnathan Sullivan.

Believe it or not,I am actually stronger. I do work with weights and do calisthenics.I do yoga for Pete's sake. I don't want a huge amount of mass though. I'm going for Spiderman,rather than Hulk. I would rather be lighter and move faster than stronger and slower. I've seen guys that had great muscles but were too heavy to lift their own weight. I work out on a Yoga Body Yoga Swing. I set it up to work like Olympic rings and do suspended dips and pull ups,sit ups.

You will get as big as you eat. If you don't eat big, you won't get big. You've utterly mastered control over your diet. Crushed it, driven it before you. Its women are lamenting. Now harness that control to add some lean mass to your engine room (legs/hips/back). 10-20 lbs, not 50-60 lbs. The goal is go rather than show. If you wear slim fit or regular fit jeans, lift until they don't fit and you have to buy relaxed or athletic fit with same waist size. You don't have to get super bulky to see a MAJOR strength increase, of the kind that makes living easier and more fun. That sort of 10-20lb weight gain corresponds with you being able to squat sets of 5 reps with 185-225 pounds, and deadlift sets of 5 with 225-275. If you are already there, great. If not, you can get there in half a year, no problem. That's a very modest strength goal, but one that makes your joints stable and equips you to excel at any physical task, in comparison to others your age. You've gotten this far; don't settle.

People who have never been strong, are the toughest to convince that being strong is useful. Literally EVERYTHING physical that you do will be easier, including any so-called "endurance" work outside of competitive hundred-milers, marathons and triathlons.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Vek
Originally Posted by Vek
Most impressive. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm floored.

Now, go make yourself even harder to kill by adding muscle mass and getting stronger. Refer to "The Barbell Prescription" by Johnathan Sullivan.

Believe it or not,I am actually stronger. I do work with weights and do calisthenics.I do yoga for Pete's sake. I don't want a huge amount of mass though. I'm going for Spiderman,rather than Hulk. I would rather be lighter and move faster than stronger and slower. I've seen guys that had great muscles but were too heavy to lift their own weight. I work out on a Yoga Body Yoga Swing. I set it up to work like Olympic rings and do suspended dips and pull ups,sit ups.

You will get as big as you eat. If you don't eat big, you won't get big. You've utterly mastered control over your diet. Crushed it, driven it before you. Its women are lamenting. Now harness that control to add some lean mass to your engine room (legs/hips/back). 10-20 lbs, not 50-60 lbs. The goal is go rather than show. If you wear slim fit or regular fit jeans, lift until they don't fit and you have to buy relaxed or athletic fit with same waist size. You don't have to get super bulky to see a MAJOR strength increase, of the kind that makes living easier and more fun. That sort of 10-20lb weight gain corresponds with you being able to squat sets of 5 reps with 185-225 pounds, and deadlift sets of 5 with 225-275. If you are already there, great. If not, you can get there in half a year, no problem. That's a very modest strength goal, but one that makes your joints stable and equips you to excel at any physical task, in comparison to others your age. You've gotten this far; don't settle.

People who have never been strong, are the toughest to convince that being strong is useful. Literally EVERYTHING physical that you do will be easier, including any so-called "endurance" work outside of competitive hundred-milers, marathons and triathlons.

I agree with you my friend. I've had a few set backs.near heat stroke last summer and a pulled muscle in my back slowed me down but I am back on a gaining muscle trend. I watch Chris Heria on youtube and do calisthenics. I also work out with weights and do yoga. It's a long hard road but I do intend to be the best I can be and not settle for less. I study all kinds of weird things now like Wim Hof breathing techniques.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Way to go. You rock.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Show off! :^)

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Impressive!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (06hunter59, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 67 invisible), 2,578 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,472
Posts18,529,377
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.