Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Some of ya'll know my story but I haven't updated anything since about August last year. I like to do it first here because this is where it really began. I saw a video here about the Carnivore diet and decided to give it a try. It's a long and convoluted story of me seeking the healthiest way to eat and constantly changing things depending on how my body was responding to whatever I was doing at the time. I think the best advice I can give anyone is to just totally focus your attention on it. If you do,you will figure out how to do it. Isn't that true of everything in life!

Basically I want to say that It's never too late to change yourself. I didn't start until I was 50 years old and 360 lbs. I had an awakening. Call it whatever you will,I feel like I suddenly woke up and realized that I had not really been living for a long time.I had only been waiting to die.If you feel that way,you can change it. We live in an age where the information you need to accomplish anything is literally right at your finger tips. Now get off your ass and get to it! LOL

Here I am at age 50 just in from a dove hunt with my son.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here I am at age 51,just yesterday, about to go on a ride with my dog .

I'm 360 here

170 here

The old me
[img]https://i.imgur.com/K0c7fTO.jpg?1[/img]

New me

Can't get that one old me picture to work. Maybe one of ya'll can help. Yea,I know I still look goofy.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Congrats for all the hard work! You look great!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow that's awesome! Just outstanding!

If I may ask, what are the top three things you did to make the change happen?

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Wow!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are a great inspiration for those of us struggling to lose weight and get back some parts of life we've given up. Maybe it is time to challenge myself more and stretch the modest weight loss goals a bit further.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Damn dude!! Where'd you hide the other guy??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wanted to add that I had no surgery,and no diet pills. Just eating properly and exercise. I lost over 130 lbs in a year. After that the weight loss was a lot slower. I started just before my 50th birthday and I'm coming up on 52. I've lost over 160 lbs so far. I went from a 48-32 jeans to 29-32 jeans.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You are a great inspiration for those of us struggling to lose weight and get back some parts of life we've given up. Maybe it is time to challenge myself more and stretch the modest weight loss goals a bit further.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
Damn dude!! Where'd you hide the other guy??

I ate him,literally.

Somebody help me get the other old picture posted. I was about to bust out of my fat jeans in that one.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 02/04/20.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Man that's amazing. You look like a completely different person.

Congratulations, that takes real dedication.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That's Awesome

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well done, R H.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
RH,

Awesome job.

I have great respect for people who are able to make this kind of transformation.
It's one of the hardest things in life to accomplish.

I have to wonder what other mountains you can move?

Keep it up!!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Congrats!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
The older I get, the harder it is shed a few pounds. I was down to 147 back when I was 37.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Inspiring, where there is a will there is a way.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You sexy bastard.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Wow that's awesome! Just outstanding!

If I may ask, what are the top three things you did to make the change happen?

I could tell you that I quit sugar,bread,rice,pasta,and hydrocodone all on the same day,and I did but I think something else I did was more important.

I looked at myself with truth. I mean the truth of who I was right then rather than the truth of who I kept telling myself that I would someday be. Read that a few times until it sinks in. Once you see truth,you have no choice but to act on it. To not act on it is just hiding from it and telling yourself that someday you will.

I put my full attention on what I wanted to do. I watched nothing but youtube videos trying to learn how to properly diet and exercise.It took a while to weed out the garbage and even figure out what works best for me,but just keep your attention on it. Think of your brain as a computer that controls your body. If you want to act different,you have to program the computer with new information. If you want to change,you have to think differently,and if you want to think differently,you have to learn new information.

I made myself accountable to me. Say that a bunch of times. I weighed every day. If I saw an increase over 3-7 days or no improvement over a week I changed something. If I felt I ate too much one day ,I ate less the next. I never cheated on the sugar,bread,rice,pasta thing. Just don't cheat.You are the only one who can make you do what you want to do. You have to be accountable to yourself. Never say,I'm going to try. I always think of the words of Yoda to young Skywalker when I hear that. Yea,I'm a little goofy.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Great job, Randy! You look like a new man and much younger! Keep it up!!

Here's a trailer on Netflix's Keto diet, the Magic Pill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61GitUC_678 , for all you guys, If you have Netflix you should watch this.

There is no real magic pill for keto. The "magic pill" refers to how most MD's treat disease: with a magic pill.

This got my wheels turning but it took about a year for me to really start eating clean keto.

Now I'm there and have lost 26 pounds in about 3-1/2 weeks. I sleep better, have more energy, am clearer thinking, and have lost all my cravings for junk food. Most of all that happened in the first week.

My goal is 180, which is 66 pounds away. I have no doubt I will make it because I will never stop eating keto. If I need to lose more, no worries. Keto will automatically make that happen, until I am at an optimum weight.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (69sportfury, 35, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 6 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 884 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,514
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.