-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I can't believe that I'm really selling my Coyote Hunting Mobile Blind, but I haven't taken it out West in the last few years, so I might as well let someone else hunt out of her. She is a 1996 4 door Geo Tracker that I have converted into a mobile self propelled hunting blind. She has two different coats of camouflage as you can see... sand stone and snow. The snow cover is attached along the roof line and tucked away when the stone is used, but the snow can quickly be pulled out and draped over the stone, which will make her nearly invisible on snowy ground. A shooting porthole is in the roof for glassing and shooting... and it has a pivoting door to close off the porthole when not needed. She can be driven as a regular vehicle by unscrewing the bucket steering wheel from it's lid, and by sliding out the three push rod poles. She is designed to be driven or pulled to the hunting area... then fold down the desired camo cover... then start her up and place in 4 wheel drive low, and creep along in her no stall creeping speed, while the hunter sits on a swivel chair in the middle of the porthole while looking for critters... while slightly steering the slow creeping mobile blind. The steering wheel bucket allows for steering from the middle/back section of the porthole, and the control levers are handy as well, so that you never have to leave your porthole position. Once a coyote is spotted, simply push in the clutch rod into it's locking position, and she stops for a steady rest shot from the roof top. She runs really quiet, and runs as slow or as fast as needed...even highway speeds. Her tow bar can be removed with two pins, or left attached with a strap. She has a cargo carrier on the back under the camo... not pictured... for hauling critters. The passenger seat is open for another hunter, but the porthole is only big enough for one person. Another driver is not needed for this rig, because of the easy to reach control rods. I installed manual 4x4 hubs, but I will also include the auto hubs that came with her. She has no mechanical problems that I know of. One of the Best things about her is that she will save you from a lot of walking and keep you warm and comfortable in bad weather with the heater on. Never have to try to hide your vehicle again... simply creep into your calling location... shut her off while calling from an elevated location... spot your critter and take the shot... then drive to the dead dog and throw it on the cargo carrier... then simply creep along to another location... without ever having to go back and forth to another vehicle. A LOT OF GROUND CAN BE COVERED WHEN YOU CAN KEEP ON GOING. She is a wagon with 4 doors plus the back hatch door, making her 5 doors... and she is roomy enough inside to carry ample hunting equipment. I will also pull her to you as FREE delivery up to 1000 miles. I would NEVER sell her if I lived out West...She will make someone a fine hunting rig. If your state does not allow you to hunt from vehicles, then simply step out of her and go prone for the shot. She will get you where to need to be. You stay warm... no walking... no carrying stuff... steady shooting rest... and NO dragging dogs.... what is NOT to like about her.
The two camo covers stay on top all the time, and are covered up with a custom form fitting water proof tarp to keep them dry all the time. She can be driven into your hunting location and be sit up to hunt in less than 5 minutes... and another 5 mins to put her back into highway road mood. I would love for her to go to someone who really is serious about coyote hunting... then maybe I could visit her sometime.
Let me know what you think. Delivered within 1000 miles...$5000.00
Thank you... Dan Brothers... dbrot7cs.com ... 803-348-1949 cell

PS... I know that it might look like a crazy contraption with all those rods and steering wheel bucket, but it can all be taken down within a minute for normal driving.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DanBrothers; 02/06/20.

Forgive My Sins Jesus, Save My Soul
GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cool little rig

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I forgot to mention.... the hunter looking out the porthole blends in with the vehicle when wearing the Sand Desert Camo Ghilie suit... or the Snow Camo Ghillie suit.

R
R
Man, that is well thought out. Good work!

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen in the classifieds!

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Dan Brothers: I would "opt" for "option #2" pack that super-cool rig up sell out down there in "SC" and MOVE out west!
I moved "out west" 22 1/2 years ago and it was THE best thing I have ever done in my life.
BTT for the coolest Coyote Hunting rig I have seen in a very LONG time.
Best of luck whichever you decide to do.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Varmint Guy... that is a Great idea... one that I've thought of many times, because my heart is in the West... but my Butt is stuck in the East for the moment. LOL..

I use to travel out West every year for a month of Coyote hunting ONLY in mid-Nov to mid-Dec.

My Longest Kill from her roof top was right at 650 yds... but I call it a crappy shot because I forgot to allow for the slight breeze and hit the dog in the back leg.... and then had to finish it off. But i did shot another one the year before at 631 yds with one shot that made it simply tumble down the hill.... that was my Best shot so far because of it being a one shot kill. I also got 30 bucks for it's carcass.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This video will show you how serious I was... and maybe still am a little bit. I use to post this video but nobody took me up on the offer, so i just lost interest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjKenxIzwik

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I second what VarmintGuy said. I came out here 20 years ago from southern Oklahoma. I probably won't go back unless my brother or sister is at death's door. My varmint of choice is the prairie dog. There's a small town of them on public land nearby. I don't think anybody else knows about it. My longest kill on one of them was 483 yards with my .204 ar15. They can't see me that far away but I can see them with good optics. GLWYS

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Darndest rig I've ever seen.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I forgot to mention that two sets of tire chains are included... so with all tires being able to chain up... I believe it could crawl up a tree..

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This rig is a regular vehicle that can be taken to the city.... or driven around the ranch in a better way than a ATV.... and... I is an Awesome hunting rig that will help in all weather conditions... without all the leg work... and without having to try and hide a vehicle for a hunting set. On a snowy day... this thing would be invisible creeping around bumping up coyotes for easy shots. I have thought many a hour over having the perfect coyote hunting rig that can still be used for other things.... this is it. It's a do all.. get around all... go anywhere do anything rig that is made for a hunter or a rancher.... or both. And I guarantee you that there is not a better rig out there that can do what this rig can do... if there is.... I want to see it for myself.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
This would make for a Great Antelope Mobile Blind. You could drive up really close....REALLY CLOSE.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
If only I weren't trying to retire next year....bump. GLWS

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What a cool idea. I also have a 96 four-door Geo tracker in the driveway right now. It is a great little vehicle and in four Lo it is crazy where you can go free bump

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Coupla years ago a used car dealer down in south Arkansas had four of those Geos on his lot advertised as mobile deer stands.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, 8 invisible), 863 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,113
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.