Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Nice to meet good friends that love God back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JTrapper73
Raised in a Christian home, graduated from a Christian school........never been saved til’ last March. Eighteen and wilder than a hank burning the candle at both ends. “In spite of all my Sunday learning, toward the bad I kept a turnin” as Merle said. An action packed stint in the Army and 24 years as a professional firefighter has made for an interesting ride. Seen more than I should’ve and not as much as I could’ve.
I guess in honor of my parents or for some other reason God spared me for all those years and kept me from making worse choices than I did.
But..... I went to church with my wife and I decided to give God a chance after all the chances he gave me. He saved me and for the past year I have an inner peace that’s hard to explain.
The Bible says to raise a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get it right I guess.
I am not ashamed nor do I care what others say. It works for me, and yes, Jesus Saves. I’m proof of that.

Nothing can turn around a person’s life like God can. Aren’t we grateful for stories like this!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
AMEN!

Read John 3:16 and the Roman road....

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Raised in a Christian home, graduated from a Christian school........never been saved til’ last March. Eighteen and wilder than a hank burning the candle at both ends. “In spite of all my Sunday learning, toward the bad I kept a turnin” as Merle said. An action packed stint in the Army and 24 years as a professional firefighter has made for an interesting ride. Seen more than I should’ve and not as much as I could’ve.
I guess in honor of my parents or for some other reason God spared me for all those years and kept me from making worse choices than I did.
But..... I went to church with my wife and I decided to give God a chance after all the chances he gave me. He saved me and for the past year I have an inner peace that’s hard to explain.
The Bible says to raise a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get it right I guess.
I am not ashamed nor do I care what others say. It works for me, and yes, Jesus Saves. I’m proof of that.

Ditto on this! There were many a time in my younger years and wondered how in the world did I survive that! Guess the good Lord has kept a vigil watch over me many a time and I prey and thank him every waking day I see.

MAGA! This is the way!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Doesn't He realize that His money can't keep up with inflation and that He is better off squandering it all as soon as He gets it?

Matthew:
6:31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by okie

There you have it ….my story is not much different from yours. Once again Jesus Saves.

It's a pretty common story, at least to those raised in church I think. I know quite a few guys I grew up with in church who had little use for it then, not necessarily bad kids but a little wild maybe. I can't say for sure what percentage it would be, but it seems like most of them, after getting a little older,maybe having a kid or two, are embracing the religion they ignored in their youth.

It seems to me those who come to it later, like these people I mentioned, are more enthusiastic or vocal about their beliefs, while those who have been believers and church goers all their lives tend to be a little more muted about it. Also, I've seen quite a few instances now where those kids who were super serious about religion seemed to eventually fade out of it, and not return. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that those who are raised in/around religion are more apt to embrace it and be believers later in life than those who embrace it early on. Maybe its just my personal experiences, but I found it pretty interesting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,127 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,532
Posts18,530,954
Members74,038
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.