Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Oldelk and Old Toot, you guys posts are dang funny and true. LMAO. I wasn't even thinking about that being the case here. Slipped my mind, and being you both are on the subject, don't forget the Commie schithole of Austin, TX with the same issues.

What’s the latest on the Governor going to attend the homeless situation in Austin?

Haven’t heard much lately on this with the impeachment going on.

I haven't followed that story to know.

All of these politicians picking the "right" social issue, to placate the masses into believing they are accomplishing something, with their actions from the city to federal level is nauseating to watch, much less waste the time to follow.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by doubletap
Only countries that have filthy hygiene, use squat toilets, crap in the streets, wipe with hands need worry, since the virus is looking more and more like fecal matter is the major source of transmission in the above, as it was with MERS and SARS.

Nations with good sanitary practices will be OK.

Don’t they crap in the streets and wipe with hands in San Francisco!

Yes, and some will even crap in a plate, and turn right around and sell it to you.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New jody call for the Coronavirus Era:

I've got corona and the blue balls too,

Corona don't hurt but the blue balls do

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Only countries that have filthy hygiene, use squat toilets, crap in the streets, wipe with hands need worry, since the virus is looking more and more like fecal matter is the major source of transmission in the above, as it was with MERS and SARS.

So it was snakes.....brown ones

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Google reports the Chinese whistleblower doctor has died from the virus.

Or has he?

Could be hes gonna bust rocks w a hammer til he thinks along party lines.

Or maybe expiration part of that warning he got from rhe po po

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe the Chinese have exceeded the carrying capacity of their habitat and Mother Nature wants to kill some of them off to bring things back into balance.

Or, the Chinese could just declare that South Africa, Mozambique, and Zimbabwe are now Chinese colonies and 500,000,000 Chinese are going to be relocated to their new colonies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Dutch
One thing is that the Chinese in this country aren't leaving the house. Our sales to restaurants are down well over 50%. Nobody is going out to eat, nobody is going to events, the Moon Festival was a non-event. They are staying in, taking no chances. They do NOT believe anything the government in China is telling them...

Dutch, you mean that here in the states the Chinese are staying home?

If that's true, they must be getting some startling info from relatives in China.

Correct. China town in San Fran and Seattle are real quiet. Grocery stores doing “ok”, but restaurants are dead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hookeye
Google reports the Chinese whistleblower doctor has died from the virus.

Or has he?

Could be hes gonna bust rocks w a hammer til he thinks along party lines.

Or maybe expiration part of that warning he got from rhe po po

If no accurate news is coming out of China why would we hear this guy was forced to sign a “confession”.

If it’s true, he was just 35 and the virus killed him three weeks after symptoms appeared.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I would like to know the number of non east Asians who have gotten the Corona Virus.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Extremely small sample I know but I have daily contact with over 20 Chinese nationals and not one of them has a friend or family member that has the corona virus nor do they know of anybody firsthand with the virus. Guangdong, Zhejiang and Anhui provinces. Government is allowing many regions back to work next Monday but I heard reports that some areas may not crank back up until 3/1.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one is saying this isn't a danger that needs monitoring and
great effort to control .

Simply showing that huge numbers of people die from something
that isn't so breatlesssly reported.
And that, so far, the death toll has not matched the hours if ramped up
reporting.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Novel Corona virus is an upper respiratory infection spread mostly by infected water droplets disseminated through coughing and sneezing.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife is in regular contact via phone and social media with her daughter and brothers and their families. They are staying home. My stepdaughter works for a large American medical company and has been told to work from home through March.

Since single family homes are almost unknown among ordinary people there, shared air conditioning sytems are a serious possible source of infection. During the SARS mess, the fecal plume from a guy with the trots got in the ventilation system of his building and made many sick.

Lots of misinformation there as well as here. A scary business, but no one known to those in my inlaw circle has gotten sick.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One thing is that the Chinese in this country aren't leaving the house. Our sales to restaurants are down well over 50%. Nobody is going out to eat, nobody is going to events, the Moon Festival was a non-event. They are staying in, taking no chances. They do NOT believe anything the government in China is telling them...

If that's true, they must be getting some startling info from relatives in China.

Correct. China town in San Fran and Seattle are real quiet. Grocery stores doing “ok”, but restaurants are dead.

Parts of my district are heavily Chinese. Almost everyone, including American born, are wearing masks. Sidewalks,while not empty, are amazingly trafficable now.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pappy348
My wife is in regular contact via phone and social media with her daughter and brothers and their families. They are staying home. My stepdaughter works for a large American medical company and has been told to work from home through March.

Since single family homes are almost unknown among ordinary people there, shared air conditioning sytems are a serious possible source of infection. During the SARS mess, the fecal plume from a guy with the trots got in the ventilation system of his building and made many sick.

Lots of misinformation there as well as here. A scary business, but no one known to those in my inlaw circle has gotten sick.

I hate to ask, but what is a “fecal plume”?!?!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston

Sounds like it's what you get when you confuse the AC ducting with the toilet.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Novel Corona virus is an upper respiratory infection spread mostly by infected water droplets disseminated through coughing and sneezing.

This weekend will be 14 days, and if the virus is only transmitted through coughing and sneezing, the number of people infected will start rising here from person-to-person contact of those who walked the streets while infected, before showing sign.

If it is through fecal matter, byway of bad hygiene, the better hygiene in this country will save us from a pandemic, and the number infected will not start a rapid rise.

This weekend will tell the story.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the late night krewe:

No soundtrack for this virus, just words:

"...and the worms ate into his brain: bzzzzz...zzzz...zzzzz…." - Pink Floyd

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Atomization of liquid fecal matter upon high speed contact with a hard surface, into microscopic particles, which travels through the air, and upon landing on a person or surface to person transfer in a high enough load, will infect same.

For a lab experiment, you can reach down into your toilet bowl, below the water surface, and grab a nice sized wet turd. You then need to pitch it against the wall, like you're throwing a split-finger fastball. The resulting splatter is the beginning stage of atomization, and the sweet aroma following is the atomized particles drifting through the air.

Have fun in the morning. Experiments can be educational.

If you get 350 yards away from ground zero, you should be breathing clean air by then.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 02/06/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RufusG

Sounds like it's what you get when you confuse the AC ducting with the toilet.

Actually, every time you flush the toilet, you create a mist that lands on everything to some extent, including your toothbrush. The last I read on that says it generally spreads about six feet.

Think about that as you admire your "work" as it spirals down the chute!

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 53 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,211 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.