-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
If you are going to rebarrel, have you considered the 280 AI? That is what I'm doing.....

Kansan

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Cattledog
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by Jkob
"No one wants it at a fair price."

Perhaps your idea of a fair price is wrong, you can sell anything if the price is right.

$650 is what I had been asking. What do you feel is a fair price?

List it in the classifieds here, bet it will garner interest.

It's been listed 3 times on here with no luck.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by mrfudd
9.3x62. The 30-06 is not rare and I would imagine that your rifle is not in collector condition if it did not sell for $650. Rebore, shoot the crap out of it and don’t look back.

Nope not a collector, but a user. While not as light as modern guns it doesn't miss by much.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Kansan
If you are going to rebarrel, have you considered the 280 AI? That is what I'm doing.....

Kansan

I had thought of that, but I have .284 Win brass. Matter of fact someone on here got me to thinking about the .284 when he mentioned that he did it on his pre 64 FWT 30-06. I can't recall who at the moment. He said it worked great.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Cattledog

Perhaps your idea of a fair price is wrong, you can sell anything if the price is right.

List it in the classifieds here, bet it will garner interest.

It's been listed 3 times on here with no luck.

Would you mind either posting or PM me some pictures, please?

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I can email them to you. Don't plan on going through the hassle of putting them on the image gallery.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I can email them to you. Don't plan on going through the hassle of putting them on the image gallery.

PM sent

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just a huntet: is that a complete rifle or barreded action only for $650.00 ? Bore condition?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Im confused, you say it's been listed on here "3 times and no one wants to buy it at a "fair price", but you don't plan on "going through the hassle of putting them on the image gallery"? Please tell me what I'm missing here.... Thanks...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Justahunter, I just sent you a PM.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Im confused, you say it's been listed on here "3 times and no one wants to buy it at a "fair price", but you don't plan on "going through the hassle of putting them on the image gallery"? Please tell me what I'm missing here.... Thanks...

This, and then I have sent a Pm asking for pictures and expressing interest. I am told “I’ll send you pictures but don’t know if I’m selling it as Ihave plans for it too”. 🙄

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by melchung
Just a huntet: is that a complete rifle or barreded action only for $650.00 ? Bore condition?

Complete rifle

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

I have tried to put pictures on the Image Gallery and I am only moderately successful. Sometimes it works after many tries and sometimes it doesn't so I send picture through email to those who request them.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jkinpa

This, and then I have sent a Pm asking for pictures and expressing interest. I am told “I’ll send you pictures but don’t know if I’m selling it as Ihave plans for it too”. 🙄

That's correct. I tried selling it several times and no one wanted it, so I decided to do a project of my own with it. If that doesn't pan out I may try to sell again, but right now I want to see if rechambering it would be an option and keeping it.

You asked for picture as several had and someone did last month. I never heard form the guy after he got the pictures. I sent you the pictures. If this idea doesn't go through we can talk then about it, if you still want it. Sorry, but right now I want to try this option.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I built a custom .284 and used a pre-64 30-06 action and there was no work needed to make it feed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Do you have pictures? I’d buy a pre 64 shooter for $650 all day.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CEoW717

You should have been looking in the classified the last 2 years. No offense meant, but this is not the first time I have heard this only to not hear from the person again after sending the pictures. It is not a collectors grade rifle, but has been hunted a lot. Like I told jkinpa, I want to look into getting something done with it myself. If that doesn't pan out I'll let you know. If you still want the pictures PM me you email address.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Boogan1
I built a custom .284 and used a pre-64 30-06 action and there was no work needed to make it feed.

I think it might be you who put me onto the .284 for the pre 64 30-06. Did you leave the magazine the same length or have to put block in it like the for the .308 Win?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CEoW717

You should have been looking in the classified the last 2 years. No offense meant, but this is not the first time I have heard this only to not hear from the person again after sending the pictures. It is not a collectors grade rifle, but has been hunted a lot. Like I told jkinpa, I want to look into getting something done with it myself. If that doesn't pan out I'll let you know. If you still want the pictures PM me you email address.

Im new....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just a hunter, you need to open up a free IMGUR account. Posting pics is so damn easy that way. Look at all the guys asking for pics, and you have to go through the hassle of sending pics through email etc., when you could have just posted pics very easily in the WTS classified listing. Sorry, but guys just aren't going to deal with items for sale, if they don't have good pics. Just how it works around here....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 62 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,043
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.