Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Go get a new dishwasher and install it.

You gettin married?

Ha, knew that would be coming. Need to replace the POS GE unit I put in a couple of years ago. If anyone can recommend a brand that is worth a chit I'd appreciate it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Supposed to be the first relatively dry weekend in a month or so.

Firewood splitting
Smoking bacon
Sportsman show
Mowing brush
Checking on bees

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Hope to get some boom boom this weekend too.

You going to that Korean massage parlor again?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just work on the tractor this weekend.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Was going to attend some fire training, but it was canceled.

Might get to run a combine this weekend.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
This weekend is the 1827 Militia Muster at San Felipe State Historic Site just outside Sealy Tx. Event centers around the muster of local militia (in accordance with the constitution of Mexico and obligations in the land grant agreement) to assist federal troops when necessary. This weekend will center around the militia preparing to assist troops with quelling the Fredonian rebellion at Nacogdoches.

I am to give a short talk on hunting that went on in the colony and the typical firearms that might have been used by the colonist. Nothing academic or fancy.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Painting the upstairs hallway.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Working an event tonight called "Night to Shine". It's sponsored by the Tim Tebow foundation and is for kids with special needs.

RO'ing and shooting in USPSA match tomorrow, then leaving Sunday to drive my youngest son to do his MEPS for the Coast Guard on Monday morning.

Busy weekend.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

screw that cutting firewood........this NG stove runs for $2 a day in the dead of winter

Had a buddy last fall have a tree fall on him....while cutting on US Forest...long story short....

expensive helicopter ride to Provo Utah...lucky to be alive......slow recovery still

Be careful out there with them there chainsaws....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
This weekend is the 1827 Militia Muster at San Felipe State Historic Site just outside Sealy Tx. Event centers around the muster of local militia (in accordance with the constitution of Mexico and obligations in the land grant agreement) to assist federal troops when necessary. This weekend will center around the militia preparing to assist troops with quelling the Fredonian rebellion at Nacogdoches.

I am to give a short talk on hunting that went on in the colony and the typical firearms that might have been used by the colonist. Nothing academic or fancy.

That sounds really cool Kaywoodie. Do y'all re-enact different events through the year or just this one?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tikkanut

screw that cutting firewood........this NG stove runs for $2 a day in the dead of winter

Had a buddy last fall have a tree fall on him....while cutting on US Forest...long story short....

expensive helicopter ride to Provo Utah...lucky to be alive......slow recovery still

T-111, cultured stone, plastic plants covered in plastic snow, a propane wood stove and a basket of presumably real firewood. Is that a return vent in the ceiling?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Sockpuppet,
We have had a Bosch for a few years.
Like it, quiet, real quiet, does a good job.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If the weather holds, I'll be guiding trail rides in between feeding and ranch chores.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Was going to attend some fire training, but it was canceled.

Might get to run a combine this weekend.

What do you combine in the winter there? Ice sickles?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by RyanTX

That sounds really cool Kaywoodie. Do y'all re-enact different events through the year or just this one?

Yes. We have different events throughout the year. Texas Historical Commission is dropping a big hunk of change on reconstructing a period correct (and ADA compliant 😁) city block of San Felipe to be ready by Stephen Austin’s birthday weekend Nov. 2021. San Felipe was never really rebuilt after it was entirely burned to the ground during the runaway scrape in ‘36. Last November they started on the pit saw which is going to be real cool. Using local post oak timbers for it’s construction.

You can follow the progress on the historic sites public facebook page. Don’t gotta be on facebook to see it. I generally divide my time between San Felipe and Presidio La Bahia (Goliad) when I can. Nice stone presidio to stay in at La Bahia! 😉 Neither are that far for me to drive.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 02/07/20.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Gunna try coyote hunting for the first time

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Headed to the beach this afternoon to dig some clams. Will be there through Sunday.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by tikkanut

T-111, cultured stone, plastic plants covered in plastic snow, a propane wood stove and a basket of presumably real firewood. Is that a return vent in the ceiling?

totally enclosed glass/locked face

NG not LP which costs a fraction of LP......

Ceiling vents allow heat to flow upstairs to next level

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Headed to the beach this afternoon to dig some clams. Will be there through Sunday.

Razors? Where abouts?

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RyanTX

Yes. We have different events throughout the year. Texas Historical Commission is dropping a big hunk of change on reconstructing a period correct (and ADA compliant 😁) city block of San Felipe to be ready by Stephen Austin’s birthday weekend Nov. 2021. San Felipe was never really rebuilt after it was entirely burned to the ground during the runaway scrape in ‘36. Last November they started on the pit saw which is going to be real cool. Using local post oak timbers for it’s construction.

You can follow the progress on the historic sites public facebook page. Don’t gotta be on facebook to see it. I generally divide my time between San Felipe and Presidio La Bahia (Goliad) when I can. Nice stone presidio to stay in at La Bahia! 😉 Neither are that far for me to drive.

Very cool, thank you for the info and have fun!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,936
Posts18,498,755
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.