Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
41Keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Please check this out.

Since the beginning of the American Revolution, more than 43 million men and women have served in the U.S. military during wartime. In this some 230 years of military heritage, more than 650,000 American lives have been lost and more than 1.4 million service members wounded in battle. We remember and honor all that these heroes have sacrificed for America's freedom.

Discover the heroes in your family tree in the Ancestry.com U.S. Military Collection - the largest online assortment of U.S. military records, covering more than three centuries of American wars and conflicts. With more than 90 million names and 700 titles and databases of military records from all 50 U.S. states, there are countless opportunities to learn the stories of courage and sacrifice in your family tree.

Search through enlightening historical documents from every major U.S. war from the Revolutionary War through Vietnam, including draft registration cards, veterans' gravesites, soldier pension indexes, enlistment records, muster rolls and much more.

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Way cool, thanks for the link. I found my gggrandaddy's draft Registration card.

oops can't hotlink the inage.

Last edited by shreck; 05/27/07.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I tried several relatives. you have to know DOB, Date of Death, and some other personal info.
The records I pulled up for my Father in Law were SO incomplete. They did not mention he was even in the Army, or that he served in Europe. Same with his two brothers, and with another uncle of mine.
They probably will work the bugs out for the paid version.
Oh, another downside is that I have receivced a great number of emails from them wanting me to upgrade, join, etc.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 05/27/07.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I found my grandfather's birthdate - something I hadn't known. It appears that this record base covers only deceased veterans, although I may be missing something.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
41Keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Ancestory.com will no doubt do its best to make being a paid member "enticing," but this seem more than ok so far. Yes, some things seem to be lacking, but other things I didn't expect are there. Also, I think this site is having very heavy traffic just now and may not be performing up to snuff. Sometimes I've repeated a search and gotten more info.

Last edited by 41Keith; 05/27/07. Reason: not enough coffee

Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. -- Daniel Webster
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anybody know Jean Francois Kerry's birthday? Maybe we can finally get his real medical records and have a peek at his dishonorable discharge that Jimmah Carter fixed up for him.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No wonder why I feel tired from time to time. I've fought in every war the US has been in.
Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

41Keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Steve, that's quite unlikely. Kerry is different than the rest of those listed...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yeah, not dead yet.

Sam......

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Anybody know Jean Francois Kerry's birthday? Maybe we can finally get his real medical records and have a peek at his dishonorable discharge that Jimmah Carter fixed up for him.

Let it go......... wink

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
just the second he signs that release he promised to sign years ago......or when he wipes that smug self-righteous French smirk off his face

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
41Keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Because Jean Francois Kerry said so?

I'm SO confused. (heh)

Wow.. thank you for this..

I found my grandpas WWI registration card.. I am pretty sure this is the right one because the birth year is right.

He died about 6 years before I was born, so I never met him, I don't even have any pictures of him, but I do have a letter thanking him for his service, signed by JFK.

If this is the right one, and I think it is, I found out he had blue eyes.. which helps explain how my boy has blue eyes even though both me and my wife have brown eyes.

Thanks again for this.. My dad isn't with us anymore either so I never really got to hear much about my grandpa on his side..

41Keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Skeptic, I read of this yesterday or the day before, but I wasn't on this site much at all yesterday and actually looked over older posts, expecting it had already been done. You're most welcome, but I wish I had posted it earlier. I'm giving the thanks to all those who were part of this coming about.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I found the daily records of the USS Delaware, 1917-1920 with some of my kin in the Marine Detachment. Daily logs, how freaking cool!!

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for posting this! It'll keep me busy awhile.. I'm trying to locate some family members.

41Keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shreck
I found the daily records of the USS Delaware, 1917-1920 with some of my kin in the Marine Detachment. Daily logs, how freaking cool!!

That's great, shreck ... any tips as to how to work the searches? I'm on dial-up right now & am getting some snags now and then.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wish there were different options for arranging search results. Get's tired on the eyes when searching through hundreds of listings.

41Keith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I know what you mean, ShootingLady. So far, though, the results are surprising at times. I keep reminding myself to be patient, which is frequently a big job for me.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If you recall, Mickey Coleman was looking for something like this a few months back for a family friend.

Sure hope he cathches this thread!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

510 members (1lessdog, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,396
Posts18,506,899
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.