Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I bought a rifle off gun broker. It shipped to my FFL who signed for it. I picked it up in a hard case and took it home.

Getting home I took it out and found a large dent in the stock, and a puncture hole in the hard case. I went back to the FFL and got the original shipping box from them. Matching hole in the box.

I've opened a claim with ups.

Anybody have any experience with how this works out? Any hope?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Photos attached of the boxes and the damage.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wow, that box took a very big hit for the grip to puncture the plastic case AND a cardboard box. So sorry for the damage.

A hard plastic case inside a cardboard box is pretty good packaging. Was the rifle itself wrapped in any kind of padding?

I've never filed a claim with a shipper. I've heard too many stories about people filing claims, spending hours following-up, and ultimately never getting compensation.

Looks like you have a very good claim, though. The photos are especially helpful. I hope you get compensation.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It definitely sucks that it happened. I’d say though that it’s pretty piss poor packaging by the seller. I’ve seen that exact plastic case hanging in my local gun store cracked from shipping from the distributor. There’s a reason that case is $10. I’d take it up with the seller too. They did you a major disservice sending it in that chintzy case without any other protection.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fhuqking UPS...I had the same thing happen on a NIB Barrett Fieldcraft. I reckon you've got nearly $350 into that thing and should be PISSED! Hint.

Laughing!

Jeeus Fhuqk,what won't you Drooling Whiners cry about?!? hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I am surprised the FFL didnt say something about it. He had to have taken it out to log the serial number in, you would have think he would have noticed the plastic case had been smacked.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Fhuqking UPS...I had the same thing happen on a NIB Barrett Fieldcraft. I reckon you've got nearly $350 into that thing and should be PISSED! Hint.

Laughing!

Hey little buddy. I hope you're having a good day. You need to keep in mind that $350 to someone else on this forum may be the same as $3500 is to you. At least I assume that to be the case based on how often you remind so many of us how you make so much more money than the rest of us and how we can't afford things you can. I'm just giving you a reminder. Additionally, you keep asserting how everybody else whines and cries; but, your responses to simple posts like that of the OP show how angered you get and how much you whine because of said posts. I hope it gets better for you. Be well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBitchingSniveler,

You suck a mean ass,if only because it's your (1) and ONLY "move"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with as you MUST and you are doing "great". Hint. LAUGHING!

Sorry to hear of your fiscal woes. PM an addy and I'll fling you a $20 USPS MO,so you can double your net "worth". Don't worry,don't worry...I'l pay shipping. Hint. LAUGHING!

Might I suggest 1000cc's of Vagisil in your usual location and (3) Midol,to help hopefully curb your raging torrent of surging Estrogen? Hint.

Bless your heart for Whining AND Crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks little buddy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Laughing!

Hey little buddy. I hope you're having a good day. You need to keep in mind that $350 to someone else on this forum may be the same as $3500 is to you. At least I assume that to be the case based on how often you remind so many of us how you make so much more money than the rest of us and how we can't afford things you can. I'm just giving you a reminder. Additionally, you keep asserting how everybody else whines and cries; but, your responses to simple posts like that of the OP show how angered you get and how much you whine because of said posts. I hope it gets better for you. Be well.

Sky, he does buy in volume but junk in volume is still junk..............

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Here's how the rifle sat in the case. You can see the damage is right by the hinge on the hard case.

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Holy SCHIT!!!

I had to Google it...is that a Browning Lever Rifle,or as they seem to call it,a BLR?

NOW I understand why you had The Meltdown and the rest of your Girl Scout Troop did too!!!

I remember years ago,reading about one and I just never could seem to amass the requisite jingle(don't tease me).

Dude,if I was LUCKY enough,to ever come across one and it's finish got marred,I'd probably be just as Hissy and Pissy as you are!

You Brokedick WHINING Clueless Kchunts are a fhuqking RIOT...simply because you are doing your BEST. Hint. Congratulations?!? LAUGHING+P++++!!!!!

Ooooopsie!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Safe Queen for SURE,as I too would be freaked out about scratchin' 'er. Hint. LAUGHING!!!!

Jeezus Fhuqk you WHINING Fhuqktards are a "rugged" lot. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts for the heartfelt angst and I KNOW,you've all got your Poosy Hats on...you "lucky" kchunts.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Wow +P+++!!!......................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
By my reckoning, that rifle was upside down in the case, at least if having the most space around it was the goal.

The RAR .17 I bought from Whittakers was bouncing around in the factory box and the trigger guard broke off. My dealer said his local driver was a dick, and the guy I talked to at Whittaker's said such damage was a constant problem. Ruger replaced the stock, and I fixed the broken one with epoxy and fiberglass drywall tape. PITA regardless.

What fresh Hell is this?
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I believe that the shipper has to initiate the claim.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A foul mouth is an illiterate mind trying to express itself.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey shortcake 🍰. You're the one having the meltdown. If we upset you so much why don't you just leave? Besides you don't contribute anything but vitriolic remarks.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know it sucks to receive a damaged rifle,been there before.I received one that had a fairly deep ding in the forearm.What I did was get some plastic wood and fill in the ding and once done you could hardly tell.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

375 members (1badf350, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,533 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,015
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.