Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Aviator Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Are these scopes solid? Has anyone ever had issues with them?

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My bud has one and we've been messing with it and they are real good scopes. Been running it side by side with a SWFA and the NF has the edge but not by much.

MAGA! This is the way!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have four and have nothing but good things to say about them. A shooting school up the road from me uses some as well on their student rifles and they haven't had any problems despite almost daily dialing up and down.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
They’ve given me the same amount of problems as the NXSs, ATACRs, etc...

Still waiting for those MIL reticles in the 3-10.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Comparing SWFA with NF, is like comparing a Yugo to an M1 Abrams.

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I've had one on a 7mm Mashburn Super for a couple years pushing 160gr NAB's to 3220 fps, have ran that scope on gong track drills from 100 to 500 to 700 on out to 900+ yard rocks on the mountain then back again, it's flawless and the best 700 bucks I've ever spent on glass.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This only counts if he does the same with an SWFA and it fails. Otherwise, this is just an advertisement for Nightforce.

Originally Posted by Dryfly24

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
They are solid, I’ve had several over the past few years and still have a few 3-10s and a 4-14.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wouldn’t try that with any of my SWFA’s.

YMMV...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
After zeroing, I don't touch scope adjustments in the field, but I've had an SHV 3-10x42 on a Remington .300 Win. Magnum for several years. The rifle has been fired a great deal; no scope problems. The zero has remained constant.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've sighted in 5 NIB 3-10x42 SHV's over the last couple weeks. All 5 have been very precise as it relates to sight-in.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by aalf

That one’s even better. I’d like to see ANY other manufacturer replicate that with their product. Maybe they have and I don’t know about it? Anybody know of any? If so, please post away...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 02/10/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
This only counts if he does the same with an SWFA and it fails. Otherwise, this is just an advertisement for Nightforce.

Well it’s one hell of an advertisement then... 😁

See my post above. If you know of anyone else doing the same please advise. I’d love to see it...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just wish they offered a couple more reticle choices, I would be interested in how they test the SHV's or if they test them. but I posted the history of nightforce the company on here a couple weeks ago. they were founded to be a heavy duty scope company

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I’m going to derail here a bit before it happens anyway, but I have a question for you guys..

Due directly to the function/cost ratio, I buy SFWA scopes almost exclusively. I have approx 25-30 in use.
I just purchased 3 of the bushnells Doug was blowing out because I wanted to try them. I have not mounted or used any of them yet. From the reports you guys offer I’m not likely to be disappointed.

However I still feel for some reason I won’t be satisfied until I own a Nightforce. It will definitely go on a .22lr, most likely my vudoo.
I’m sure it’s been answered before but can somebody lay out the big difference in cost between shv and nxs. If I do a NF it’s more than likely going to be my only one.. I’d like something around the 5x20 magnification line and that seems to be nxs territory...
I do know with my use, I don’t “need” one.. but I still want one just to play around with and see for myself
Any comments are welcome as price has kept me away from even researching these scopes much
Thanks gents

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Comparing Leupold with NF, is like comparing a Yugo to an M1 Abrams.

Fixed. grin

What failures have you had with SWFA scopes that make you say that? It's a bit of an extreme claim, if you ask me. Unless you've tested both scopes using the same testing methods, and more than just a sample of one of each, you can't really use a specific test of one scope as a valid metric. IME, SWFA scopes are extremely durable. I have a friend who's son was recently out during the late season hunting in the elk hills, and when he went to cross an icy creek bed his foot slipped out from under him on an ice-covered boulder. He unintentionally threw his rifle like you'd throw a stick when playing fetch with a dog, and the Ruger M77 Hawkeye with SWFA 6x scope landed elevation-turret first on a large boulder, before clunking and clanking and skipping across the boulders in the creek bed. The rifle and scope (particularly the ele turret!) acquired some serious scars. When he went to check zero on the rig he needed to make a 0.3 MRAD correction to get back on zero. Whether this slight shift was due to mounts, action screws/bedding, or scope internals I don't know. But for a rifle and scope to take a beating like that and have only shifted zero slightly over an inch at 100, that's pretty impressive.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Certifiable
I’m going to derail here a bit before it happens anyway, but I have a question for you guys..

Due directly to the function/cost ratio, I buy SFWA scopes almost exclusively. I have approx 25-30 in use.
I just purchased 3 of the bushnells Doug was blowing out because I wanted to try them. I have not mounted or used any of them yet. From the reports you guys offer I’m not likely to be disappointed.

However I still feel for some reason I won’t be satisfied until I own a Nightforce. It will definitely go on a .22lr, most likely my vudoo.
I’m sure it’s been answered before but can somebody lay out the big difference in cost between shv and nxs. If I do a NF it’s more than likely going to be my only one.. I’d like something around the 5x20 magnification line and that seems to be nxs territory...
I do know with my use, I don’t “need” one.. but I still want one just to play around with and see for myself
Any comments are welcome as price has kept me away from even researching these scopes much
Thanks gents

I'd be looking at the ATACR 4-16x F1 or 5-25x F1 if you're looking to get one and only one NF scope. I've not used or been around the NX8 line yet, but the 2.5-20x or 4-32x NX8 may also be good options.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great post, Jordan.

As I said, until that dude does a comparable test with an SWFA and the SWFA fails, it’s all yada yada...

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Great post, Jordan.

As I said, until that dude does a comparable test with an SWFA and the SWFA fails, it’s all yada yada...

So again I ask you, where are the comparable tests from other makers if that’s all it is? I’ll wait while you post the links...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

486 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.