Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Did the Alaska cruise with Royal Caribbean last Summer and loved it. Would do it again tomorrow.

I’ve never heard so much as a single complaint from friends and family that have done the Alaskan Cruises.

The Carribean Cruise thing is another different story and varies from being good to okay to the dumps.

looking forward to Alaskan

would never do a Caribbean again - primarily because the price point is so low, you get alot of .....undesirables

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by sse
the massive quantities of food and/or booze to be had

that's livin, right there

Bring your piggy bank.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Orlando brother-in-law is a computer scientist for Disney. He said their cruises were pretty well booked. He was looking for an employee slot, evidently they get low cost bookings if there's a cancellation. I told him I don't think I'd want to be cruising right now. Reportedly things are going along pretty normal for Disney.

I told him about the Princess ship anchored at Japan and the message from the honeymoon couple, sequestered in their cabin. They said they had been eating lobster, not lucky to get a sandwich. He said Disney would do better than that, and I think he's right.

I've never been on a cruise, don't think I'd go now.

DF

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Did the Alaska cruise with Royal Caribbean last Summer and loved it. Would do it again tomorrow.

Lotta people trying to get me on an Alaskan cruise.... No freakin' way... I get more than enough cold/snow here already and refuse to go to another cold/snow area.. Pass. I want warmth, sunshine, 80F degree sea breezes..

For those even considering a cruise - stay the hell away from Carnival unless yer 20-28 and single.. Stay away from Disney Cruises unless ya have 4-10 yr olds.. .. If yer an adult and want peace and quiet, RCC, Celebrity or Norwegian Lines might be best choices.. FWIW..

Bucket list - the Panama Canal cruise... Hope to in 2 years, but it's 18-19 days at a time.. eek I might gain a few LBs by the end of that one... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by sse
the massive quantities of food and/or booze to be had

that's livin, right there

Bring your piggy bank.

h_ll i can do that at home

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

Lotta people trying to get me on an Alaskan cruise.... No freakin' way... I get more than enough cold/snow here already and refuse to go to another cold/snow area.. Pass. I want warmth, sunshine, 80F degree sea breezes..

For those even considering a cruise - stay the hell away from Carnival unless yer 20-28 and single.. Stay away from Disney Cruises unless ya have 4-10 yr olds.. .. If yer an adult and want peace and quiet, RCC, Celebrity or Norwegian Lines might be best choices.. FWIW..

Bucket list - the Panama Canal cruise... Hope to in 2 years, but it's 18-19 days at a time.. eek I might gain a few LBs by the end of that one... laugh laugh

When we went the only day we needed anything heavier than a light sweater was the day we toured Glacier Bay. The only ice/snow we saw was at a distance.

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our first cruise was down to the "Mexican Riviera". Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlán, and Cabo. I thoroughly enjoyed it but wifey got seasick so we won't do an ocean cruise again.

Going on our second cruise this May. Down the Danube in one of those long, low slung riverboats. Price was high enough to hopefully deter the riff raff. First trip to Europe and I didn't want to deal with machete attacks and "trucks of peace" running over tourists and infidels so we're avoiding London and Paris. Heading to eastern Europe where third world invasions are deterred and being white isn't an invitation to violence.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Went to Puerto Rico, then around to a bunch of islands. I never seen so many darkies in my life. I will never go on one of those again.

I’m in the middle

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 02/10/20.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
NO, never had interest in being cooped up with 5K other people on a floating out house, too damn noisy, to peoplee, to many cooties.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hanco,
We did the same cruise 2 years ago.
Had a blast!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I've been on 5 cruises, all with NCL--Alaska, Baltic, Norway, Oz&NZ and Amsterdam to Rome. Loved them all. That being said, I would never go on a Caribbean one--totally different crowd. The longer the cruise, the fewer the riffraff. If you go on the fringe seasons (May & Sept), no rugrats, either.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No. Never.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I've been on 5 cruises, all with NCL--Alaska, Baltic, Norway, Oz&NZ and Amsterdam to Rome. Loved them all. That being said, I would never go on a Caribbean one--totally different crowd. The longer the cruise, the fewer the riffraff. If you go on the fringe seasons (May & Sept), no rugrats, either.

for a yooper you get around

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We are leaving Saturday on a Caribbean Cruise. Norwegian issued a statement that they will deny boarding to any person traveling the last 30 days to mainland China and will also deny boarding to any person traveling on a passport from China, Macau or Hong Kong, regardless of the last time they were in China.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I've been on 5 cruises, all with NCL--Alaska, Baltic, Norway, Oz&NZ and Amsterdam to Rome. Loved them all. That being said, I would never go on a Caribbean one--totally different crowd.
Exactly.. Not for me either..
The longer the cruise, the fewer the riffraff. If you go on the fringe seasons (May & Sept), no rugrats, either.
That... The last few we've been on I think we might have seen 2-4 kids total (meaning 12 and under).. The rest were adults.

Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
We are leaving Saturday on a Caribbean Cruise. Norwegian issued a statement that they will deny boarding to any person traveling the last 30 days to mainland China and will also deny boarding to any person traveling on a passport from China, Macau or Hong Kong, regardless of the last time they were in China.
Good.. That's also basically what RCC told us too..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by renegade50
But but but but....
Cruises are the greatest thing since individual sliced, wrapped, and processed american cheese according to many on here.

LOL!!!

Have you ever been on one? I'm guessing not, based on your comment.

I've only been on 3 so far, and loved every minute of them. Holland America is about 3x as good as Carnival, for anyone interested. The food is to die for, and the clientele of HAL ships is far more mature and less "party" than Carnival. I've taken all sorts of vacations during my life, and a cruise is far in a way the most relaxing. There isn't even a distant second. They also aren't outrageously priced. By the time you factor in 3 meals a day, gas, hotels, entertainment, etc., a decent cruise can be one of the least expensive ways to take a vacation.

When I retire from my current career, I plan on starting a second career on a HAL ship. I guess that probably shows how much I enjoyed cruises. But never listen to the opinion of folks who have actually gone on them, you may learn something. wink BY and large, folks who have been on cruises will tell you they loved it, and folks who have never been will say they are awful. You should ponder that for a second.

Last edited by Jedi5150; 02/10/20.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Not to worry they will scrap that one and just make a newer and larger one.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jedi5150
Originally Posted by renegade50
But but but but....
Cruises are the greatest thing since individual sliced, wrapped, and processed american cheese according to many on here.

LOL!!!

Have you ever been on one? I'm guessing not, based on your comment.

I've only been on 3 so far, and loved every minute of them. Holland America is about 3x as good as Carnival, for anyone interested. The food is to die for, and the clientele of HAL ships is far more mature and less "party" than Carnival. I've taken all sorts of vacations during my life, and a cruise is far in a way the most relaxing. There isn't even a distant second. They also aren't outrageously priced. By the time you factor in 3 meals a day, gas, hotels, entertainment, etc., a decent cruise can be one of the least expensive ways to take a vacation.
That.. Spend 7-8 days in a big city hotel, buy your meals, rent a car or use a taxi... buy tix to plays etc and add it up.. I'm betting the cruise is cheaper by 35-40%.. And it's all there - just have to literally walk to it..

Only point I'd argue is HA being 3X better than Carnival... Hell, it's 10X better than Carnival.. laugh laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I’ve never heard so much as a single complaint from friends and family that have done the Alaskan Cruises.

The Carribean Cruise thing is another different story and varies from being good to okay to the dumps.

Couldn't agree more. In the words of President Donald Trump......those are sh^#hole countries down there.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This sort of thing becomes a regular occurrence, we can welcome back the Lazaretto:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazaretto

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.