Well, in the mean time........

Get after more RANCH pics!

I am MAGA.

Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm on it Jim,

I think I have a good pic of our HUGE 200'x200' pasture! It even has a lean to shed in case I get some stock this year.

Been thinking one or two of them sawed off, long haired bovine varieties. Or maybe a llama or two.

Wife won't let me adopt a preggo Devil's Garden filly, or I'd start my own herd of cow ponies.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
OK, these publicly owned, transient, RANCH visitors just crossed behind my shop and are now entering my neighbor's 5 Acre RANCH (a bit small for my tastes), at an open gate about 30 yards in front of those horses' noses.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Jan 2019 sunrise over the East end of the RANCH. If one looks hard, one can see the custom lean to for future critters in the picture. Please note the requisite RANCH woodpile and tarp over the corral boards. Old tractor tire protecting the well head too.

The sunrise got even better. Neighbor's RANCH house is kinda in the way though. But I can't seem to run the black man off. Yep, even WAY out here we have some of them folks. South Warner Mountains in the distance of the center of the pic.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
M

Their friend want them to spend time with him at his vacation spot in McCloud. I guess its pretty nice up there.

It is indeed.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
California is a beautiful place, It's just run by some low life's

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Modoc county is a place of natures beauty.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
California is a beautiful place, It's just run by some low life's

That's the essence of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by 700LH
Can hunters use lead bullets there?

Stop pickin' on us cause we support copper miners.

And kitty cats that like to eat mountain bikers. Too many of them on our hiking trails, the bikers that is.

Geno
How much do y'all shoot your AR's with thirty round mags or one-hundred round drums up there? Are you gonna get one of the American made AK74's? Can we expect a review of it after you get yours? Is your county a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary? What about an Assault Weapon Sanctuary?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Signs around town point to our area still being part of the "Old West". I guess so:

Neighbor's horses must have gotten out sometime during the night/early morning. Went out to feed the chickens, our older male dog went out in the backyard and started to barking his "something ain't right here" bark. Looked up and neighbor was chasing these down the road with his flatbed, back up the road to the ranch.

Went out by the woodpile/sheds/and chicken coop later and found they'd been back there sometime during their wanderings too. Good thing I didn't step in it.

This morning, while the sun was low on the horizon, it was easy to see their footprints where they came right down the gravel driveway.

Geno

Horse chit may be a novelty to you Geno, but I drive through it every time I go on any of the area roads. The horse apples are bad enough to have to drive through, but the horseshoe nails they leave on the road are heck on tires. Back when I was a rural mail carrier, I told an Amish man that I was going to start sending him the bills on my tire repair from the flats I was getting on the road by his house. He said it wasn't his fault, it was God's will.................and I told him that God didn't lose those nails on the road, his horse did.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (16penny, 10gaugeman, 17Hunter, 163bc, 1234, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,144 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,824
Posts18,496,551
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.