Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi folks:

I'm sure this has been hammered to death somewhere else, but wondering if someone could help me out. I have an old Weaver V7, El Paso made scope with an issue. It is in excellent condition, but the power adjuster ring only goes from 2.5 to about 4 then binds up solid. Anyone have a suggestion as to where I could send this in to get repaired? Thanks,

Rich

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Awesome, thank you Hancock27.

R

Looks like they have stopped working on Weaver V models according to their sight... frown

Last edited by 99in22_250; 02/10/20.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have two of them. Both bad now. I checked and I was told no parts are available. If you can make one good one out of yours and these two,you can have them.
If you do find someone who can fix yours, I'd sure appreciate it if you forward their contact info to me.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hi saddlesore:

Thank you very much. I just sent off a note to Vintage Gunscopes.com. I clicked on the "contact us" tab, and a drop down form appeared where I explained what I had for a scope and the issues I was having. I think it is going to be a little pricey to repair, but I really like the scope and it is in great condition, therefor worth it to me. Give them a try and let me know how you make out, and I will keep you posted as well. Thank your your offer, if it turns out they can't help us, I may take you up on it. Oh, they are located in Montana, a bit closer to you than me here in NH.

Rich

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
saddlesore:

I also just sent an email off to Cheryltargetshooteroptics.com. I got her contact info from another sight, waiting to hear from her as well and will let you know.

Rich

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Following. I have a V7 that the seals are bad and it foggs

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

R
RAN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It seems that Weaver is on the way out since they were last bought up. Natchezss.com has the current V7 on sale for a very good price if you can't get your vintage model repaired.

RAN

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well Gents, I just got word from Jim at vintage gunscopes.com that they can in fact fix my scope. The power erector band is bad, and is a very tough part to find, but they have a few. So to replace the bad parts, completely clean and purge the system is a whopping $300.00. YEP, I know, pricey, and I could likely find another on eBay for 1/2 that, but I'm sending it in unless I hear a substantially different quote from Cheryl at targetshooteroptics.com. I've had the scope in the family for a long time, and I can't bring myself to put a new aged matte finish scope on one of my many classic rifles that need optics. I will keep you informed as to what Cheryl has to report.

Rich

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I think these scopes were $47 when I bought them in the late 60's.Big jump from the $18 Bushnell Banners back then. grin

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I know it, hard to believe... I just can't get over how appropriate these old Weavers look on rifles from the same era... smile. smile

J
J
I have two El Paso Weaver V7’s I am looking to have repaired as well, one for a Savage 99 deer rifle in 308 and another for a Remington 760. Looked into Vintage Gun Scopes and Target Shooter Optics, was wondering which route you went and how the work came out? I am having difficulty focusing the reticle on both and I don’t want to put a new scope on an old rifle for aesthetic purposes.

Also, have another Redfield 3-9 wide view that I was looking into having repaired and was wondering if Vintage Gun Scopes or Iron Sight was worth looking into.

Also in NH, if I am shipping this across the country I’d like it to come back functioning properly.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,415 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,529
Posts18,472,680
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.