-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lead us not into temptation... I've wanted to try a CZ 75 Compact or that 75B Stainless that you have, but I have yet to find one. I asked my WI. dealer why they don't stock the CZ's and he told me that CZ demands that a gun shop carry their entire line of inventory and that is big dollars for most places. I am lobbying for our gun club here to rent a bus and go to Shooter's World in Orlando to see if they have have CZ's to try out.

I've read a lot of good things about how Cajun Gun Works reworks a CZ and I'd bet that they could fix over about any CZ to how ever you wanted it.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gratz, Jack. Everyone should have one, Col. Cooper told us that decades ago, you know he wouldn't lead us astray.

Here's mine:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Windfall
Lead us not into temptation... I've wanted to try a CZ 75 Compact or that 75B Stainless that you have, but I have yet to find one. I asked my WI. dealer why they don't stock the CZ's and he told me that CZ demands that a gun shop carry their entire line of inventory and that is big dollars for most places. I am lobbying for our gun club here to rent a bus and go to Shooter's World in Orlando to see if they have have CZ's to try out.

I've read a lot of good things about how Cajun Gun Works reworks a CZ and I'd bet that they could fix over about any CZ to how ever you wanted it.

Your dealer is mistaken. To buy direct from CZ, yes you have to make a certain financial commitment. However, you don't have to carry the whole inventory. Our shop just carries the pistols and Scorpions. Any dealer can order CZs from any of the distributors like RSR, Sports South and Lipseys. They just have to pay a little more.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have the P01 compact version of the 75 and it's big brother, the EAA Witness - both of them out-shoot most of my others. I think if I had to thin down to a single platform, it likely would be some variation of the CZ 75...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i bought two cz israeli mil surp a few years ago the 75b, and he compac marked masadi.
they are the son of the hi power as far as i am concerned.
balance perfectly in my hand like a hi power, both have ambi safties(left handed) and point real easy.
cooper was right.
i don't think either of them has had 5000 rounds through them, but the spring idea is a good one.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 02/11/20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Windfall

Your dealer is mistaken. To buy direct from CZ, yes you have to make a certain financial commitment. However, you don't have to carry the whole inventory. Our shop just carries the pistols and Scorpions. Any dealer can order CZs from any of the distributors like RSR, Sports South and Lipseys. They just have to pay a little more.

Around here you have a hard time finding anything new to finger except the usual Glocks, Rugers, Springfields, Smiths, and of late, Sigs. I knew what I wanted, found it at Sportsmans Guide, and had it sent to a local license holder. In the process, I located a good guy who will do transfers for $12. The closest gunshop just went up to $50, supposedly to discourage internet buyers. Seems like a strange strategy from an outfit with next to nothing in stock and full retail on anything they do have.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought a 75dpcr compact back in 2003. I have yet to find a better 9mm pistol.

Sam......

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You have my condolences. Sorry your weren't fast enough to out run it before you pounced on you.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGray
I have the P01 compact version of the 75 and it's big brother, the EAA Witness - both of them out-shoot most of my others. I think if I had to thin down to a single platform, it likely would be some variation of the CZ 75...

I had a tough time deciding between P01, SP01, compact and 75B. The stainless sealed the deal in the end especially since it came with a Milt Sparks holster and extra mags, plus the upswept beavertail that the compact and P01 lacked.
If they'd only had blued guns, I'd have bought the SP01 over the 75B.

I have a feeling it's going to lead to more CZ purchases. REALLY liking it so far. Shoots soft and the controls are perfect for my hands.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
You have my condolences. Sorry your weren't fast enough to out run it before you pounced on you.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Great looking pistol, mine is easily one of my most accurate pistols. I sent mine to CZ Customs and they did a full action job on it. Will eventually change out the sights as I don't care for 3-dot sights.

The only complaint I had with mine was the factory plastic grips. I was using mine in a USPSA match (production class) when the grips cracked and fell off on one side. I had to finish the match with the grip missing, that sucked. I replaced them with some VZ's.

Enjoy!

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RyanTX; 02/11/20.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ryan, are the VZ's noticeably thinner than the originals?

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Stainless 75B. 2 mags and a Milt Sparks holster.
Can't wait to put some rds through it tomorrow. Fits like a glove. Went to buy a compact, but the beaver tail on them isn't upswept and it dug Into my hand. Came close to buying a 2075 RAMI and might have if this hadn't been laying there. Picked it up, pointed it and said yep.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I almost bought one exactly like that one the other day for $500.00. I really love my CZ P09. The damn things are so accurate and fun to shoot. I should have just bought that stainless 75B when I had the chance.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Can't wait to put some rds through it tomorrow. Fits like a glove. Went to buy a compact, but the beaver tail on them isn't upswept and it dug Into my hand. Came close to buying a 2075 RAMI and might have if this hadn't been laying there. Picked it up, pointed it and said yep.

I almost bought one exactly like that one the other day for $500.00. I really love my CZ P09. The damn things are so accurate and fun to shoot. I should have just bought that stainless 75B when I had the chance.

$500 was a steal BSA! Have never even handled their polymer offerings. Shot a mag full through it this evening when i got home, but looking forward to the weekend when I can run it through it's paces at the cabin. Hate to say it, but it fits the hand better than a 1911. Definitely more comfortable than my HK USP

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RyanTX
Great looking pistol, mine is easily one of my most accurate pistols. I sent mine to CZ Customs and they did a full action job on it. Will eventually change out the sights as I don't care for 3-dot sights.

The only complaint I had with mine was the factory plastic grips. I was using mine in a USPSA match (production class) when the grips cracked and fell off on one side. I had to finish the match with the grip missing, that sucked. I replaced them with some VZ's.

Enjoy!

[Linked Image]

This one came with hard rubber grips. Do they come stock with plastic? These have the CZ logo on them?
If anything, from an aesthetic view, a pair of Nill grips look damn nice, but Im not much of a fan of wood on a handgun.

Last edited by jackmountain; 02/11/20.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Jackmoutain,

The way things are going here in Virginia looks like you, and I, will have to either sell our CZ75s or license it thru the State Police, at least that is what the house bill that just past said. Lets hope the Senate does better, and of course there are the courts.

I just purchased a CZ75D Compact PCR a few months ago and have been very happy with it. The CZ75 was the only double stack high capacity handgun I could find that fit my hand and felt good to shoot.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
You can do what you want, but you can bet your ass the one in the pic above won't be registered and sure as hell won't be confiscated. They better think long and hard about what they're starting, because I don't think they have the stomach to finish it. I don't need a court to define what my rights are, the founders were crystal clear, and they were also crystal clear about what to do if elected officials try to deny us of these guaranteed protections of our natural born rights.

Bloomberg got scared away from the grand opening of his campaign office in Virginia by 200 folks protesting. Wait til they see what 200,000 armed citizens looks like.

If you're actually thinking of complying, look at the map of sanctuary counties. We are the majority. The numbers don't lie. They can not win if we stick together which means "we will not comply"
Watch the video. This is how we win, by standing up and saying no.

Last edited by jackmountain; 02/11/20.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

$500 was a steal BSA! Have never even handled their polymer offerings. Shot a mag full through it this evening when i got home, but looking forward to the weekend when I can run it through it's paces at the cabin. Hate to say it, but it fits the hand better than a 1911. Definitely more comfortable than my HK USP

You can do what you want, but you can bet your ass the one in the pic above won't be registered and sure as hell won't be confiscated. They better think long and hard about what they're starting, because I don't think they have the stomach to finish it. I don't need a court to define what my rights are, the founders were crystal clear, and they were also crystal clear about what to do if elected officials try to deny us of these guaranteed protections of our natural born rights.

Bloomberg got scared away from the grand opening of his campaign office in Virginia by 200 folks protesting. Wait til they see what 200,000 armed citizens looks like.

I'm with you buddy!!!!!!!! I rang a little steel with my CZ P09 last weekend:

19 rounds in the mag would surely scare the scheit out of those dems that want to take our guns away. Here's a pic of some of my pistols. I love the stainless pistols. My favorites are my 3rd gen smiths. The black CZ in the pic, sure is growing on me though. That thing runs like a sewing machine, just like my smiths:

If that stainless 75B is still there this weekend, I'll snag it and add it to the collection. Keep us posted on how you like yours. I'm sure it will drive tacks. I blew the 1" orange sticker right out of the target last weekend with my CZ P09, then it was off to shooting steel.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The 75 was the best natural pointing pistol I tried when looking at 9mm’s. But I always seem to sell my 9mm’s, and sold this one too.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
The 75 was the best natural pointing pistol I tried when looking at 9mm’s. But I always seem to sell my 9mm’s, and sold this one too.

CZ97 is an option. LGS I bought this one at didn't have one on hand, and never has when I've checked. Seem a little harder to find.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1234, 17CalFan, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,873
Posts18,497,594
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.