Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I have used Ammoseek for several years. Looks like they have a new interface. Not sure why they did this. Anyone know what is better? Are there more search parameters available?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw that, too. I liked the old setup better, but that may be just because I was use to it. I've done a little searching on the new format and I dont see any advantage or nothing new.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The old system was much easier to use, and to read. The new setup is almost worthless on a phone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liked the old set-up better. Oh well, a little getting used to.

A
A
Hi, everyone. We stumbled across this thread and wanted to give some feedback.

There were many reasons for the redesign, and we have still more changes coming, some of which may address your concerns. Please see this article, which will hopefully answer some questions:

https://blog.ammoseek.com/posts/why-ammoseek-changed

Constructive feedback is welcome.

Appreciated,

--Mike Miller, AmmoSeek.com

IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
tag

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
SUCKS. Is that constructive enough?

I hate when chit changes.😁

On a serious note I could find, refine and drill down much quicker on your old platform than this new one.

Ill make it work though as its still the best out there.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Don’t like it. You have to sign up for an account to view more than 100 results. Probably selling your contact info.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

If the cheapest price, including shipping, is in the top 100, I don't need more results.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I searched out Federal 711B with free shipping pretty fast. Seemed easy using filtered search parameters.
I did not like the shipping filter. Omit higher shipper, omit higher and average shippers, etc. Free, should be an option.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by boliep

If the cheapest price, including shipping, is in the top 100, I don't need more results.

It wouldn’t let me organize any category the way it used to.see what you think ....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Dont like it. Cant filter it like it used to.
All fancied up with too many distractions.
Why the change ? If it aint broke, why try to fix it ?

Last edited by WTF; 02/13/20.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I know me, get used to something, hate change. But this hasn't been too bad. Trying to give it a chance before I bitch.

The other worked well IMO, if it ain't broke,?

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Mike,

Thanks for joining and posting here. I read the article and it was helpful in understanding why and what changed. Some thoughts for your consideration.

First - "Constructive feedback is welcome." Well this is the fire and folks here say pretty much what they want to say. No one person here has control over what other folks say/think here. Arguing with folks here is a waste of time. So you are just going to have to filter through the comments and decide what you think is helpful.

I see from the article that one can still use the classic version of your site.

https://classic.ammoseek.com/

How long will it be available? If you are willing to keep it functional and give folks an easy way to keep using it this would go a long way towards keeping us old timers happy.

I see that a better mobile experience was a key part of the re-design motivation. I get that because more and more people - esp. the younger folks use their phone as the primary interface. Not me and not a lot of folks on the fire. Those youngsters are the future and we are not. OTOH please remember that it was us oldsters who made your site successful.

Everyone Else - FYI - I read the article linked in Mike's post. It's short and to the point. We may not like the new look but at least according to the article they plan to improve it in time.

A
A
Originally Posted by FatCity67
On a serious note I could find, refine and drill down much quicker on your old platform than this new one.

Ill make it work though as its still the best out there.

We like the pop-out sidebar for the filtering options on the results pages, but we understand that not everyone does, and it certainly does require an extra click. So we're working on implementing a solution for large (non-mobile screen) screen sizes to have the filtering options right on the results page, more like the old site did. Hopefully this will help address your concern once we roll it out.

Thanks for the feedback.

-Mike

A
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Don’t like it. You have to sign up for an account to view more than 100 results. Probably selling your contact info.

The old site also required you to get an account to view more than 100 results. So this is not new with the new design.

1 - If you're specific enough with your search parameters, you won't likely need more than 100 results, as the prices that far down won't likely be good deals.

2 - We're a couple of 2A-friendly guys who also happen to be programmers and web developers. We hate the idea of selling anyone contact info, and we would never stoop to that level. We even took away the field for "Last Name" because we don't want to hold your personal information. It's more of a liability for us than anything else.

3 - We require a login/account to get more than 100 results to discourage bots from constantly crawling/scraping our site to get all our information. It's a bigger problem than you can imagine.

Thanks,

-Mike

A
A
Originally Posted by Terryk
I searched out Federal 711B with free shipping pretty fast. Seemed easy using filtered search parameters.
I did not like the shipping filter. Omit higher shipper, omit higher and average shippers, etc. Free, should be an option.

We'd like to add the option for "free shipping" but there are a couple of technical barriers to implementing that idea, some of which is hard to explain. But it's on our roadmap to figure out; we understand the desire for this feature!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AmmoSeekMike, welcome to the fire. I posted earlier that I didn't like the new site as much as the old, but I figured I could get use to it. What I didn't realize was that folks that use their phone for their computer, were having problems. I use a laptop or desk top and am glad to see that you are trying to address the issue for users like me.

I have an account, but like you said, if you have an idea what you are looking for, 100 results is not needed. Not knowing anything about programming, I never imagined the bots being a problem. Live and learn.

Thanks for your site, it's one of the best for finding ammo deals, and your explaining what's going on and why. That makes it easier to put up with the changes.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
A
Originally Posted by WTF
Dont like it. Cant filter it like it used to.
All fancied up with too many distractions.
Why the change ? If it aint broke, why try to fix it ?

There was a lot "broke" with the old site, some of which we attempted to explain in our article:
https://blog.ammoseek.com/posts/why-ammoseek-changed

But the new site doesn't take away any functionality. You can still do all the same filtering as before, plus some new ones (range of grains, for example). What are the distractions (which don't also exist on the old site)?

Are you mainly using a mobile device, or a desktop/laptop?

-Mike

A
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
It wouldn’t let me organize any category the way it used to.see what you think ....

I don't understand what you mean here. Can you give more specifics on what you're trying to do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (007FJ, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,420
Posts18,470,563
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.