Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Won't name names, but watched a show last night where hubby and wife had 3 guided days to chase pronghorn. Beforehand, there was visit to secure and get coached up on extreme range shooting gear. In both instances neither ventured more than 10 feet from the rig shooting from a bipod with an open door in the edge of the frame. Lots of discussion as well on how hard it was and the fact that they drove almost 40 miles on the last day. Pretty poor example for youngsters out there.

These pros are getting less and less appealing.

In this state, one has to be 50 yds from his rig before lighting off a round at pronghorn.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/12/20.

1Minute

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i quit watching those outdoor shows at least 15 years ago. they were ridiculous. infomercials for realtree and thompson center and canned horschit hunts that 99% of hunters could never do. go to their 300k log cabin sitting on 500 acres of prime property. ride a 20k utv on well groomed trails and sit in a 2k blind dressed in 1k in clothes and watch 150 class bucks parade past all day until a "good buck" comes out and then shoot it with the 1k gun wearing a 2k scope. then act like ya just scored a touchdown while standing over a beautiful animal that just killed and have no intention of eating. those shows made me sick.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was always appalled at the unsafe gun handling on those shows. and yes, "we hunted HARD for this deer", if they sat for more than 4 hours before it walked out in front of the blind.

1minute Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
There are some quality presentations out there, but I agree that between commercials and product placement, it's mostly about scratching one another's back and securing $$$. Find myself now more into reading accounts from the late 18 and early 1900's.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/12/20.

1Minute
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Pay per view, pure and simple

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Can't stand to watch them any more, even Meat Eater has become a 1/2 hour infomercial. Youtube videos satisfy my need for hunting shows lately. Check out Rodney Elmer's "Mountain Deer" on Youtube - hunting under real conditions, family oriented, high level of ethics, and they're not selling anything!

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Lots of good hunts/hunters on You Tube that exemplify "fair chase".

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kid0917
I was always appalled at the unsafe gun handling on those shows. and yes, "we hunted HARD for this deer", if they sat for more than 4 hours before it walked out in front of the blind feeder.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Used to pay my $4 per month. Now I save my money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffyD
Can't stand to watch them any more, even Meat Eater has become a 1/2 hour infomercial. Youtube videos satisfy my need for hunting shows lately. Check out Rodney Elmer's "Mountain Deer" on Youtube - hunting under real conditions, family oriented, high level of ethics, and they're not selling anything!

First couple seasons of MeaterEater were great, then he got “found out”. Mismatched camo and random stuff like everyone else. Heard some of the podcasts? Talk about knowing nothing about rifles.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every once in a while, when nothing else remotely interesting is on, I will take a look. Used to be able to take five or six minutes, but lately, two minutes is about all I can stand. Most of the crap that they are shilling has zero relevance to the way that I hunt.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I've never seen the attraction to "hunting" TV shows.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Those shows would be more realistic if the chicks were topless. That's the only way I let them in the blind with me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Saw the last ten minutes and had the same reaction you did. They were practically chasing that buck down with the truck. Don't like their show much and usually don't watch but it was on when I came back into the house from cleaning my dogs kennel. They had more s*hit than my dogs. He kept saying they were on a short limited time hunt but hunted hard. Hunting hard must mean his ass hurt from sitting in truck all day.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
When I was a kid most people didnt have TV. Then for years it was often too grainy to see. For ages there was no real hunting or fishing seen on TV.

Its a blessing to see some good shows with great scenery in places I will never see. Lion and buffalo and leopard in Africa. Jim Shockey moose hunting in backwoods Russia. Grizzly and giant Kodiak, with bow no less. Randy Newberg had great hunting on TV. Western Hunter hunts. Tim Wells hunts.

Sure, there are the pukes in all aspects of life.

But there are now great hunting shows on TV exposing a lot of good guys who love the outdoors and wild places that attract and educate many to the other side of the coin. Shows showing the good sportsmen do and their love for the game they chase....

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well said Rem141r !
Everyone else what I was thinking too, so no need for me to say anything else.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It don't take a team of 15 guys to hunt elk in Az, that's all I'm sayin.

LOL
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by rem141r
i quit watching those outdoor shows at least 15 years ago. they were ridiculous. infomercials for realtree and thompson center and canned horschit hunts that 99% of hunters could never do. go to their 300k log cabin sitting on 500 acres of prime property. ride a 20k utv on well groomed trails and sit in a 2k blind dressed in 1k in clothes and watch 150 class bucks parade past all day until a "good buck" comes out and then shoot it with the 1k gun wearing a 2k scope. then act like ya just scored a touchdown while standing over a beautiful animal that just killed and have no intention of eating. those shows made me sick.

We have many outdoor shows filmed in my county...most of the hunters are “ok” at best, with many so full of themselves its pathetic. Some are just plain clueless. By far the most difficult outdoor personalities are the fishermen...no contest.

The above poster forgot one thing though. And this is a fact. A friend of mine videos for our largest camo manufacturer. The #1 there has his own crew that groom the deer after it’s down. When you see the “walk up” to the dead critter, it has already been to the beauty parlor by a team of folks that disguise any entrance/exit holes, of course wipe blood off noses and mouths and get this....they put shiny black makeup on the nose to make it appear fresh and moist! They also, and I find this unbelievable, put contact lens on the deers eyes so they look freshly killed! Producers don’t want cloudy eyes seen by the viewing public.

I’m gonna see if I can find some of those contact lens for my deer next year.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I gave up on television hunting.
Watcha couple on Youtube.

Fieldsports Britain is my fave.

Charming

Last edited by hookeye; 02/12/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Watching a retard on youtube right now, tracking a wounded elk that he shot in the back leg. What a bunch of [bleep].

LOL
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 54 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,463
Posts18,489,835
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.