Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
,...built in 1859. It's been very nicely restored in mostly original condition. During two periods in its life it was a whorehouse. Evidently,..the whores have all died out, however.

Anyway,.. our room has a nice, big 4 poster king size bed and a nice bathroom with antique fixtures.

The only downside is,...it's right over the hotel bar,...and it's packed. They started rolling in about 5PM and got progressively louder as the evening has progressed.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any louder,....the band fired up.

Ain't but one thing to do when you're in a hotel room over a loud bar,.....go downstairs and order a series of doubles.

They told us when we checked in that they would hold our room ticket open and we could put our dinner and bar tab on it if we chose to do so.

This is liable to turn into a $350 hotel room.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Jealous.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Stayed at a turn of the century hotel once on one of our anniversary trips.

They had one of those antique fainting couches set up in the corner of the room.

Later that evening, the missus went along with fully trying it out.

Woke up the next morning and realized it would now probably need to be reupolstered.

Threw some pillows over it and checked out, lol.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice. The Driskill in Austin is haunted. Cool place but haunted. Stayed in a couple of very famous historic ones years ago in downtown San antonio that were allegedly haunted as well, spooky but nothing like the Driskill in Austin.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
We're here.

This spirit is said to be that of a murdered prostitute. . . an undocumented event that occurred during prohibition times when the hotel was a speak-easy and brothel. This shy ghost is quite friendly. She simply sits on the bed in the middle of the night and kisses guests on the cheek, then disappears in a smoky haze.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I've spent a couple of nights in the Stanley Hotel too.

,.....didn't see any ghosts there, either.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stayed at a real nice refurbished old hotel in Glenrock Wyoming...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We stayed in the Bullock hotel in Deadwood. Wild Bill was sitting at the bar too. I had about 15 Jack and waters that night

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was going to warn you it's probably haunted .

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I did a week long job at the Driskill about 5years ago, and just about every where I had to be was in un occupied and empty parts and rooms of the hotel that weren't used. Swear I always felt someone watching and hairs on the back of my neck would stand up. I knew absolutely nothing about that place at all until much later after I was done there . Read about it and it all made sense.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
There is a little hotel like that in Elk Mountain Wyoming. I didn't stay there but my brother and his wife did. They bought 40 acres just west of town and owned it like 3 months and someone offered them too much money to keep it. Supposedly there are oil sands in the area. Apparently the new owner thought he'd make a killing on splitting up that 40 acres. A few months later Barak Obama was elected and he shut it all down.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
My childhood home was bordered on two sides by graveyards. Growing up,...most of my neighbors were dead people.

I don't get too worked up about "haints".

There might be some,...but they don't seem to feel the need to make themselves known to me.

They've been given plenty of opportunity.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Nice. The Driskill in Austin is haunted. Cool place but haunted. Stayed in a couple of very famous historic ones years ago in downtown San antonio that were allegedly haunted as well, spooky but nothing like the Driskill in Austin.

Ramblin' Jack and Mahan?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Y’all don’t break the antique headboard tonight!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Grandpa always said he earned his receding hairline from banging his head on the headboard night after night.
With 9 kids and the way my grandma was always smiling, I never doubted it.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bristoe
We're here.

This spirit is said to be that of a murdered prostitute. . . an undocumented event that occurred during prohibition times when the hotel was a speak-easy and brothel. This shy ghost is quite friendly. She simply sits on the bed in the middle of the night and kisses guests on the cheek, then disappears in a smoky haze.

Cedar Key?
Nice place.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I liked the old hotel across from the bus depot in Spokane, Shabby, but clean and cheap. Good beds.

But that was 50 years ago.... and fit my pocket book at the time. Stayed there I think 3 times, passing through.

No whores, however. Could not have afforded one anyway. smile

Last edited by las; 02/13/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
We stayed in one in Americus, GA - didn't tell the wife the place was haunted - I don't believe in such things,
Anyway, that night she woke with a start, felt a hand on her shoulder that wasn't mine. To this day, she's very sensitive about that.

We live in Savannah, GA - lots of "haunted" places here

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We spend the night at the Coupland Inn next to the dancehall on occasion. It was a whorehouse in the 1800’s. All kinds of boom boom been had in that building!

Last edited by hanco; 02/13/20.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.