Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

DO NOT give YOUR social security number or contact information to ANYONE!
PERIOD!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I echo that first sentence..

i'll go along with the SS number. However, how do you get a repair or barrel job back to the customer without their contact info? How do they send it to you without yours? How do I know I can trust you with all my contact info? You punch my guns serial numbers into some book the BATF can retrieve at a later date?

Last edited by battue; 02/14/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by gunner500
Yup, they can FO wanting that much info, same thing I told nice old hygienist lady at the dentist office the other day when she wanted to take my blood pressure, I have a doc for that, this is being too damn nosey and intrusive, plus, I don't need to hear the dentist whining at me about my smokeless tobacco later either, she smiled and put her cuff? up I never heard a word about my Cope after cleaning/check up this time.

A Dentists office is staffed by health care professionals. As such and the fact many are walking around with unrecognized BP issues, by asking they are doing nothing more than possibly giving someone advance warning of other possible serious health issues. In addition, if at sometime you need anesthesia, a responsible dentist will not put you under without it. If for nothing more than malpractice issues. In fact, while you are under, everyone in the room will know what it is on a second by second reading.

But hey, it's your BP. Put in a dip, sit back and feel secure you kept it from that the nice old hygienist lady.

The old folks boogie is a hooooot......

They just recently started that practice, lipstick that pig all you want, your advice works well for an 80 year old.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There is a reason they recently started doing so, and the reasons are what I mentioned. Dentists are health care professionals, they operate, yes operate, on your mouth. They don't deal in lipstick. They often cause bleeding, and as such their patients past and current BP is relevant to their practice. Any medications their patients are on is relevant. Especially those related to bleeding and why they ask for a medication listing. You are acting like some of them. Not all, but some..

Addition: None below 80 YO's have BP issues? None below 80 have unnoticed heart issues that may be reveled by their BP?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There are places to live if one wants to avoid having others know their numbers.

Most of them are in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Somali anyone????

Post on here with your home computer? Someone knows exactly where you are sitting...Next to a window or walk outside? The eye in the sky can take your picture....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wasn't it Planet Fitness that decided they were woke and you could use any locker room you wanted, regardless of whats between your legs?

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

In that case the only contact number they should be interested in calling is: 911

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Planet Fatness DOES have pizza though...

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Went to join Planet Fitness this afternoon .

Was handed an I-pad info. needed - name, address, date of birth, home phone, cell phone, bank account routing number, account number, bank card number , expiration date, 3 digit CVC card verification number, Email , employer , 2 emergency contact names numbers,

Let's see, you are in business and take CC's

Name: check
Address: check
CC number, with bank verification, expiration date, CVC number: check
You want to be able to contact your customer in case of questions: address, phone and e-mail: check
Your are running a gym for example: Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

You have SS, other insurance, a credit card, electricity, sewage, water, etc . It's already all out there and there are those willing to pay to have it. But you go on and think you are protecting your private info.

Why do you think you get phishing e-mails and phone calls?

And you were surprised you entered a modern day, full on exercise establishment and saw a man bun or two? Amazing and seriously funny chit!!!!

If someone decides they don't want to dole out all of their banking details that's up to them .
A business is for making money - turning a profit IMO , if someone wants to pay cash/check/cc/money order /etc. - i'll except their money .
I've never been asked by power company/water/sewer/cable or any other utility company for bank account numbers . I don't think i use my SS# on 4473 form although i'll repeat PF didn't ask for my SS# . .
There comes a time when asking for personal info. when they could just take a check or cash and stay out of my business , that point was PF yesterday .
Go right ahead and hand yours out all you want - very progressive of you to join into -modern times- LAF you're totally mod man .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went into an office supply place a while back picked up a ink cartridge went to counter with cash . You want to put that on your store card -NO- just pay cash , ok what's your email - gave her some extremely long BS email then a fake phone number . She finally figured out both were BS she said will you stop wasting my time - i said no you're wasting my time . She told me it was for my receipt if i wanted a receipt she needed the info. - i said if the cartridge doesn't work i'll bring it back- lay it on the counter get another and walk out the door . As the door closed behind me .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by benchman
Planet Fatness DOES have pizza though...

There was a 2 gallon pretty painted bucket on the counter full of Tootsie Rolls - yes serious . And to look at the man-buns & honeybuns girls in there they must go through a lot of them . LAF...

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RJL53

Your customer has a heart attack: emergency contact numbers would be something most are willing to supply.

In that case the only contact number they should be interested in calling is: 911

Noooo!!!! That would be the first, however they have that. Then maybe the form should ask for unauthorized permission to call 911? "Damn it, stick your tongue back in and give me a yes or no." Only to ensure ones privacy is protected. Ehhhh?

However, most would want family members informed. While those contact numbers will be asked for it would be nothing more than a formality. One will not be refused, if one answered in the negative. It would be noted denied and the application processed.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
i
Went into an office supply place a while back picked up a ink cartridge went to counter with cash . You want to put that on your store card -NO- just pay cash , ok what's your email - gave her some extremely long BS email then a fake phone number . She finally figured out both were BS she said will you stop wasting my time - i said no you're wasting my time . She told me it was for my receipt if i wanted a receipt she needed the info. - i said if the cartridge doesn't work i'll bring it back- lay it on the counter get another and walk out the door . As the door closed behind me .

Woopee, another bad ass campfire member, you bought an ink cartridge and paid with cash. And you are full of [bleep]. You pay cash for an ink cartridge you don't have to write anything down. Real or fake. Buy a car or house and sometime in the process your bad ass will cough up info.....Over and out, you are now wasting mine.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
i

Another bad ass campfire member, you bought an ink cartridge and paid with cash. And you are full of [bleep]. You pay cash, you don't have to write anything down. Real or fake.....Over and out, you are now wasting mine.

Are you drunk or just stupid ?
Where did i say i had to write something down ?
It's common for stores to ask ''do you want to put that on your XYZ card'' even though you have visable cash in hand . Asking that is an intro to getting you to get a charge card for that business be it lowes depot clothing stores gas stations .

Where are you from ?

Posted by Bristoe
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

grin

You just got yourself 7 full day suspension on my IGNORE LIST Mister ! ! ! smile

I remember that old Carvey skit - funny stuff .

Posted by Bristoe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Ok, my mistake. But you still submitted to her request for info..info you didn't have to give. Fake or real, which was the point..Genius...

By now for real....Einstein.....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
i

Woopee, another bad ass campfire member, you bought an ink cartridge and paid with cash. And you are full of [bleep]. You pay cash for an ink cartridge you don't have to write anything down. Real or fake. Buy a car or house and sometime in the process your bad ass will cough up info.....Over and out, you are now wasting mine.

Yes, there are plenty here, and most of our blood pressure is fine until we must endure another old liberal yankee trying to tell us exactly what we NEED and DONT need to be doing.

Trump Won!
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

Ok, my mistake. But you still submitted to her request for info..info you didn't have to give. Fake or real, which was the point..Genius...

By now for real....Einstein.....

No dumbass - i was purposely wasting her time since she wasted mine .

Stop posting and you'll be able to stop saying ''my mistake'' smile

Posted by Bristoe
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I was born in 1947 and have noticed that things have changed a little in the past 73 years. Some of those things are better, some worse. Unless you live in a cave and shop at underground swap meets you will be forced to encounter the realities of life in 2020. Having a clerk who actually gets up in the morning and goes to work ask me the questions that she is instructed to do does not raise my blood pressure nor does a blood pressure check at the dentist.

Get out of bed in the morning with a positive mental attitude and the annoying vagaries of modern life get put in the very small space they deserve. As far as personal privacy issues are concerned, be aware and cautious while realizing that privacy is a thing of the past, simple fact, live w/ it or let it ruin your day.

Or take your rifle to the deep wood and live off the landgrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They never asked for my SS# ...

You, myself & a couple of others know that, but like most threads, 3/4 of the people do not read, or can not comprehend, exactly what you wrote, before launching their halfassed views &/or opinions !

I would have boogied out of there too.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
i

Yes, there are plenty here, and most of our blood pressure is fine until we must endure another old liberal yankee trying to tell us exactly what we NEED and DONT need to be doing.

You are still in the game gunner. I just love the "old liberal yankee" line. Another example of how you are clueless and incapable of an original comeback.

Anyway, I wish you Oklahoma people would stop sucking off the government tit when it comes to health care. So few of you, around 4million, and you suck out 4.4Billion in health care alone. Maybe you all should join a gym....

"Human services is by far the largest grant category both nationwide and in Oklahoma, at $4.4 billion. These grants are designed to ensure that Americans have access to health and nutrition needs and a large range of services meeting special needs of parts of the population. Most of these grants go to state agencies, which then distribute funding to eligible Oklahomans or to those who provide service to them. The Medicaid health program for low-income populations is the largest grant ($3.1 billion). This program is administered by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority. Most of the money goes to doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care providers. The other large human services grants are:"

How about farm subsidies?????

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Yeah every spring 'bikini season' we get a laugh at all the new members who're ''gonna get myself in shape'' .
One day they're there next day they're gone .

My bikini fits fine just the way I am. Don't need no damn Gym. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (160user, 280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 20 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,343
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.