-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fine young man on the right served six years as a enlisted man then went to OCS and became a Surface Warfare Officer. At this time he is in Norfolk Va waiting for his assigned ship to get back to port. Another tin can sailor in the family. Our family has a long line of Navy and Marine service but he is the first officer.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
He's at Ft. Hood Killeen at the moment. He was in NC a couple of weeks ago doing some training and broke his leg. Needed help moving so drove about 3 hours with truck and trailer to help. Good kid with his head on straight. Combat medic with a tanker unit. I'm a very lucky man to have such a good kid and I will drop anything I'm doing anytime at all to help him. Don't know where he's going next. Where are your over grown rug rats in the military?

Ft Carson and Ft Bragg.
Got grand dog Brady here in Tn right now.
Daughter at Carson is always playing drop off with him for 3 to 6 month periods on us.
Bout ready to tell her no more, he is grammy and grampy,s dog now.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
The fine young man on the right served six years as a enlisted man then went to OCS and became a Surface Warfare Officer. At this time he is in Norfolk Va waiting for his assigned ship to get back to port. Another tin can sailor in the family. Our family has a long line of Navy and Marine service but he is the first officer.

Great picture of great lads.. Tincan sailors are the REAL Navy. Fair winds and following seas.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Saw my Son last Saturday here at the house.

He is as of the end of February retired from the U.S.Navy.

To say he is happy is an understatement.

Done his for 22 1/2 years and they cut him off at the knees.

WTH?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Congratulations!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Congratulations!

Thanks,
You don't see many ensigns with that many awards on their chest.
When he was enlisted he was on a old FF. He's going to a new CG. I'm looking forward to going back to Norfolk and seeing that new CG.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My son went Army National Guard and is a UH60 Crew Chief. He's back in college at the moment and contemplating dropping his package to go fly helos for the Army. He's in college to be a pilot, but wants to fly yesterday. I guess he's going to MS for his two weeks and then possibly door gunner training this summer. Since his last drill, that's all he's talked about mostly. Except for being mad the Guard messed up his GI Bill, but hopefully that's fixed now. Guard or AD, I'm proud of him either way. I don't see my youngest joining the military, but I'm proud of him as well.

Last edited by Hudge; 02/14/20.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

407 members (219 Wasp, 257_X_50, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,424 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,843
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.