-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm all for taking care of one's health and that of others as well, but this Coronavirus issue seems overblown and, as some speculate, a ripe opportunity for overbearing government intrusion. My simple calcs to date seem to indicate that the current death rate in this "epidemic" is about one-half of one percent of the cases result in death. What is your calc? What is the usual death rate from a widespread virus occurrence?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

F
ftbt Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Coronavirus won’t kill us. GOVERNMENT will.

And nothing gives a government more power than a pandemic. Nothing,
FIXT.

The second reporter who released videos of people being hauled off against their will has disappeared it seems, probably to never be seen again.

Is that what we are going to see here? I would ask Uncle Sam, "Are any of us Fire guys dissidents? Do you want us?"

Shocking Video from Jennifer Zeng Shows People On The Street Being Rounded Up As Wuhan Begins 'Wartime' Measures:

See:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/CoronavirusOutbreak?src=hashtag_click

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Its a true story. However it will be set up to test patients with flu like symptoms THAT TEST NEGATIVE FOR THE FLU.

However.. I think were going to see some scary results.

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
I'm all for taking care of one's health and that of others as well, but this Coronavirus issue seems overblown and, as some speculate, a ripe opportunity for overbearing government intrusion. My simple calcs to date seem to indicate that the current death rate in this "epidemic" is about one-half of one percent of the cases result in death. What is your calc? What is the usual death rate from a widespread virus occurrence?

Your calcs are well off reality. It is far higher. In the early stages of an epidemic the average victim is in the early stages. As the epidemic builds the death rate will increase.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fact: it is a highly contagious and dangerous disease.

Early on, there are people who will say "It's overblown and they're taking steps that are either unnecessary or have a sinister agenda."

Later on, there are people who will say, "This was clearly a lethal threat, so why didn't they do something to stop it?"

Actually, some of them will be the same people.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Well there goes my day. Now I have to obsess about Red Sneeze Laws and search the innanets to feed my paranoia. Those cabal guys sure keep a fella busy. Who are they anyway?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Fact: it is a highly contagious and dangerous disease.

Early on, there are people who will say "It's overblown and they're taking steps that are either unnecessary or have a sinister agenda."

Later on, there are people who will say, "This was clearly a lethal threat, so why didn't they do something to stop it?"

Actually, some of them will be the same people.

Exactly

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
A cousin is a Primary Care Provider. I asked her about Corona Virus.

Her take: It's just the flu. Particularly contagious. But just the flu. Those at real risk are the aged, and those with preexisting severe pulmonary complications (COPD etc).

Then we hear that the disease seems to be skipping the preadolescent population, and we hear that Asians are at higher risk for severe complications than are nonasian populations.

It may very well be a real bitch if it gets loose in the tight closed environments of elderly care facilities.

But we might get lucky and it may not have a great impact on American GPD.

A bunch of millennials may well be dancing in the streets if we boomers get thinned out a bit.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

You'r math is fuqd.

The mortality rate is currently 2.3% based on the current numbers of confirmed cases vs deaths.

1,523÷66,000

Reason to believe there are way more deaths than reported and probably way more infected as well.

Last edited by Musicianized; 02/15/20.

You can lead a horse...
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"Just the flu" depending on how you define that. It is a coronavirus that no one in the known world has ever gotten before this past Nov/Dec. That also means that no person in the entire world has any immunity to it. That alone indicates that it will travel the globe infecting millions or billions.

Whether they get extremely sick, or even die, remains to be seen.

Even if the death rate was .5% (which every indication so far is that it is at least 2%) that would still be 10x higher than Influenza A or B each year.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The current flu mortality rate is .014% vs 2.3% for coronavirus.

In other words.. if coronavirus spreads here in the USA, people you know will die.

You can lead a horse...
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Compare that to the Spanish flu. 10% mortality rate. 50 to 100 million dead. Population of the Earth reduced by 3 to 5%.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
New York Post
Facebook
Twitter

NYC cabbies avoiding Chinese neighborhoods over coronavirus fears
By Michael KaplanFebruary 15, 2020 | 2:50pm | Updated
Enlarge Image
Ada Robinson, 37, originally from Hong Kong attempts to hail a taxi.

Fear of catching the coronavirus has some cabbies and ride-share drivers discriminating against customers.

“I feel bad about it, but when I see Chinese passengers, I just go,” one cab driver — who asked that his name be withheld, lest his hack license get suspended — told The Post. “I don’t pick up anyone Chinese. I’m scared. I don’t want to get the disease.”

Other drivers are avoiding certain areas of the city.

“If I drop off somebody in Flushing [the Queens neighborhood with a Chinese population of some 70,000], I deactivate the app [and drive to another area],” an Uber driver told The Post. “I don’t know who has it . . . I worry for myself, my family and my passengers.”

Ada Robinson, who moved to New York from Hong Kong 10 years ago, believes she was discriminated against by two Lyft drivers last Sunday.

When the first driver showed up to retrieve Robinson, she told The Post, “I pointed to him, he looked at me, and he left. Then he canceled the ride. A second driver came, looked at me and drove around the corner. He hesitated and drove off.”

‘I don’t pick up anyone Chinese. I’m scared. I don’t want to get the disease.’
- NYC taxi driver
Robinson, a 37-year-old accountant and the mother of one who lives on the Upper East Side, said she had to wonder if she was snubbed “because of coronavirus phobia.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Musicianized

You'r math is fuqd. The mortality rate is currently 2.3% based on the current numbers of confirmed cases vs deaths.1,523÷66,000 Reason to believe there are way more deaths than reported and probably way more infected as well.
There was nothing wrong with my math, but the death incident numbers reported on local TV this AM were much lower than what you stated. I just looked into the latest report online and your 2% + looks to be very accurate,

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
In theory, if COVID-19 did not mutate at all, it would spread across the world until nearly everyone gained immunity (or died from it) and then it would die out due to lack of hosts. That is probably the best scenario now.

If it starts to easily mutate and re-infect, then we are stuck with another virus that will circulate forever among humans.

It still would be nice to know if this was a bioweapon escapee, or not. I'd put the odds at better than even.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 2019-nCov Gestapo at work in the People's Republic of China.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jenniferatntd/status/1228419572749012993

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in the high risk group and will try to avoid contacting it by staying isolated as much as possible, trying to sanitize every thing coming in, and loading up on vitamins but the truth is, if I catch it, I don't expect to survive

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
80% have but mild symptoms
15% have serious symptoms
5% have critical symptoms

Good chance that you'll survive.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
80% have but mild symptoms
15% have serious symptoms
5% have critical symptoms

Good chance that you'll survive.

You hope, as do I.

It's really hard to believe anything at this time because 95% of the cases are in a communist country that will not let the cdc come in and investigate. There are a lot of people saying the number of deceased is in the thousands. Who to believe right?

Also, there isn't any concrete evidence of who is really at risk, but I did see a video of them stuffing 3 kids into a body bag.

You can lead a horse...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Current numbers are 69,186 confirmed cases and 1,669 confirmed deaths.

If this gets going good your odds of survival will be much better if you catch it early before the health care system becomes overwhelmed with serious to critical cases.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,270
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.