Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
That's right.

Selling tickets to his memorial service. whistle

https://www.boston.com/sports/nba/2020/02/15/kobe-bryant-memorial-tickets

Fans hoping to attend the official memorial for NBA superstar Kobe Bryant and his daughter, Gianna, in Los Angeles this month will face a difficult time obtaining tickets, and they might have to spend big.

A “limited number of tickets” will be on sale to the public on Tuesday for as much as $224 each ahead of the Feb. 24 event at Staples Center, according to a Friday news release from the Lakers.

Gianna, 13, and Kobe, who retired in 2016 after starring for the Lakers for 20 years, died along with seven other people on Jan. 26 in a helicopter crash just outside Los Angeles.

There was no immediate information about how many total tickets will be for sale to the public. The tickets will be priced in three tiers: $224 for one, $224 for two or $24.02 for one. (Kobe played wearing the jersey No. 24 for the last 10 years of his career; Gianna, who also played basketball, wore the No. 2.) The rest of the tickets are reserved for friends, family and members of the NBA community.

Though it was announced that proceeds from the ticket sales will go to the Bryants’ recently renamed Mamba & Mambacita Sports Foundation, there was swift backlash on social media against both the decision to charge for tickets and the cost of the top tier tickets, which many viewed as exorbitant.

Tickets were not sold for previous memorials held at Staples Center. Over 1 million people entered a lottery for 17,500 free tickets to attend Michael Jackson’s memorial in 2009. Last year, all of the tickets for Nipsey Hussle’s memorial were claimed in seconds. They were also free.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Schit never ends.

Negroes are gods.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Going to his foundation? Better gesture would be for it to go to the families of the others on board.

(And stop with the racist [bleep], JFC some of you just suck as people - like you Ghost)

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Glad i just missed this.

Must have a slow/fast clock or something.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It takes black folks a looooong time to bury famous black folks.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/08/aretha-franklin-public-viewing-dressed-in-red-louboutins.html

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
Going to his foundation? Better gesture would be for it to go to the families of the others on board.

(And stop with the racist [bleep], JFC some of you just suck as people - like you Ghost)

If Kobe had been White, do you seriously believe all this media coverage over his death would have happened?

Here is the cold hard truth, something people such as yourself apparently don't get..................the liberal media has gone out of it's way to elevate the Negro to a status above that of the White race. As a White man, I'm tired of seeing a race of people who's population is about 13% of the total in this country, having their faces smeared all over television and the news, and being portrayed as "better" than most Whites...............when, in fact, the Negro is the biggest cause of crime in this country, and has been a drain on the economy ever since the Civil Rights Act was passed.

Now, you can call that racist if you want.............I call it the truth.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Some people get it, some never will.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have better things to focus on than what the lying media says.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

You think they are lying about selling tickets to a memorial service?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Schit never ends.

Negroes are gods.
God what's.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True irony will be seeing rich folks fly in on a helicopter.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll pass.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
It takes black folks a looooong time to bury famous black folks.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/08/aretha-franklin-public-viewing-dressed-in-red-louboutins.html

The rule of thumb here for Blacks is that they have the funeral a week after they die. I asked one why they waited so long, and he said it was because it took the out of town relatives time to get there. Which might mean that it takes time to go to Enterprise and rent a car.

On something of a side note, a very well known local Black man died quite a few years ago, and it was in the middle of summer, and therefore hot. A man I knew went to the wake, and told me that you could actually smell the body. I guess they didn't get him on ice soon enough.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You think they are lying about selling tickets to a memorial service?

lol... that part, no. In response to James' post, yes. And anything related to politics. And weather. And... 90% of whatever it is they talk about.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I can't go, I have a doctors appointment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Typical money-grubbing.

$224 you say. Hm. Nah. Going to click “ Place Order” now on $253 worth of limited run Rem 86gr 25-20 factory ammo instead. Worth a lot more to me, and will cherish the brass for as long as it lives.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Negro maffemattucks

224 for one, $224 for two or $24.02 for one, and then some free ones

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr

If Kobe had been White, do you seriously believe all this media coverage over his death would have happened?

Here is the cold hard truth, something people such as yourself apparently don't get..................the liberal media has gone out of it's way to elevate the Negro to a status above that of the White race. As a White man, I'm tired of seeing a race of people who's population is about 13% of the total in this country, having their faces smeared all over television and the news, and being portrayed as "better" than most Whites...............when, in fact, the Negro is the biggest cause of crime in this country, and has been a drain on the economy ever since the Civil Rights Act was passed.

Now, you can call that racist if you want.............I call it the truth.

The only race of folks in this country who hate it and us, the providers of their birth care, medical care, food and welfare and turn on us like pit bulls when they wish.

11% of the population who are in 90% of our TV commercials as part the progressive left's indoctrination program as part of the deep state cabals darkening of the west in order to destroy it program? The race who votes for proponents of open borders and muzzie immigration to increase the burden on the taxpayers back? No way. The AAs will vote against communists and higher taxes and vote to keep our constitution and 2A some day. Just don't hold your breath.

Hey, hey, hey. Its Greeaaatttt. cool

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Once again proof of stupid bastards!

Down here they hold ‘em on the ‘cooling board’ until the family pays the burial expense!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Once again proof of stupid bastards!

Down here they hold ‘em on the ‘cooling board’ until the family pays the burial expense!

Hahaha. Too funny.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,408
Posts18,470,229
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.