Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Mr Rattler;

Do you live on the Blackfeet reservation?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DixieFreedom
This man fascinates me. I view him as one who resisted tyranny. The story of his life is larger than life. It doesn't seem like there are people like him any more.

Read The Lance and the Shield: The Life and Times of Sitting Bull by Robert Utley. Its considered the definitive work on Sitting Bull by most historians,very well written and balanced in its assessments.

HBB

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JaquesLaRami
He feels there are so many there who don't want to go anywhere in life.

Or at least, if you do read or see the movie coming out, make sure to read some authenticated accounts before you start claiming it all as fact.

By the way, another part of this same problem is children being raised on the Res., don't get to see as many good role models as most of us off the Res., red and white, do. So this is sort of a self perpetuating sub culture. Education, You bet! not a fix all, but definately not a waste either.

Good points there. My only experience with Native American culture is my sister-in-law who grew up on a Navajo reservation in New Mexico. She joined the Navy to escape and get an education and met by brother 12 years ago. They both dearly love and respect her relatives and visit often but they work very hard to ensure that their son is raised with an eye towards his culture but aware of the traps that lay with a sense of entitlement and the benefits of a good Midwestern work ethic. They live in Indiana so some distance helps.

Good advice for viewing ANYTHING Hollywood produces as "History"

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dixie.....im on the Fort Peck Indian Reservation up in the northeast corner of Montana. some of the Souix and Assiniboine make their home here. the Blackfoot are in the northwest corner, over by Glacier.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Rattler;

I envy you quite honestly. What Cossatajoe says hits home. We work for the house and dream of living like Sitting Bull.

I like solitude. I like the plains. Seems like heaven to me. I'd like to move up there. Really.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol the wife and i like it here aswell.......a few months back she turned down a job that would have paid over 2 times what we make put together now........the catch was we would have to live in the DC area.........no thanks we will continue to live where we are at grin the extreme cold in the winter is a tad tiring but we can deal grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

113 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,517
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.