Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Had the Sig P365 Standard out to the range this morning. I'd moved the rear sight left about .02" - which takes soaking for hours in Liquid Wrench, a really BFH and your choicest cuss words - to correct it's firing to the right for me and wanted to see if I got it centered. It shoots low with the S&B 115 FMJ I use for practice ammo but my carry ammo is Speer 124 GDHP so I also wanted to see if that would shoot higher.

From the pic below it looks like everything is where it should be. wink That's slow aimed fire offhand at 7 yards, 10 rounds total, five using the 10 round mag with pinky extension and five more from the extended 12 rounder.

I am very pleased with this little P365. The trigger is excellent, shorter than a Glock (and I've come to like Glocks so not knocking them) and obviously even with the little 3" barrel it has the mechanical accuracy. The biggest con is that it's hard to hold onto. You really have to squeeze that grip hard and even then it wants to move around on you. But if you do, it puts the rounds where you want them. That 2nd pic is three 10 shot strings rapid fire at 7 yards. Not Jerry Miculek rapid, but 10 shots in 5 seconds. The big green dot on the front sight is a great aid in re-acquiring it. Seeing how well that colored front sight helps is what convinced me to get AmeriGlo sights on a G19 I bought today.

Trying to get serious about concealed carry lately, up to now it's been sort of haphazard with a Kahr CW9 carried with a Clip Draw and 95% of the time it's just an LCP .380 carried in the front pants pocket. Being objective I'd say this Sig is at the low end of a real fighting pistol but given some practice it would work, I'd not feel undergunned with it; 10+1 or 12+1 and the accuracy and shootability to take care of things out a ways. Got a Glock G19 today and that will be the main carry gun whenever possible but when I need the extra concealment this Sig will definitely do.

P.S. going to get a Hogue Handall for this to see if that helps with the grip. It's only $10.95 on Amazon so if I don't like it I'm not out much.

Checking POI with Speer 124 gr. GDHP. 7 yards, slow aimed fire, aiming point was the center of the X which used to be there.

[Linked Image]

Three 10 shot strings at 7 yards sort'a rapid fire, 10 shots in about 5 seconds. Trying to see how fast I can shoot it without having to readjust my grip. This is with the S&B 115 FMJ which shoots lower than the Speer ammo in this pistol.

[Linked Image]

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The 365 is just a fantastic pistol!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
The biggest con is that it's hard to hold onto. You really have to squeeze that grip hard and even then it wants to move around on you.

Nice shootin! That ^^ I quoted is why I chose the Hellcat instead of the P365. The Hellcat seems a little "longer" front to back in the grip. Not sure if it really is or not. Just felt better to me at the LGS. Didnt get it yet, LGS couldnt beat online so I ordered, should be here Monday. Fingers crossed it shoots as good as your P365. Again, good shootin!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Yep. It’s definitely become my favorite small hi-cap carry pistol. Accurate, Reliable, and super concealable with 13 rounds ready to go! Hard to beat if your gonna carry a ultra compact in 9mm, IMO

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/15/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Looks like you got it dialed in pretty good.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks about right on...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks good, JIm!

(You're a lefty, correct?)

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Cool little gun, and very innovative in terms of the magazine. Personally, the grip feels too small in my hand for comfort. You certainly seem to be able to handle yours quite well.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Yep great little pistol.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Been wanting one but haven’t convinced myself to get one. A couple of things I don’t like : 1) How much flex is in the grip when I squeeze the $hit out of it during my typical hold. 2) The lack of purchase for my second hand, specifically in relationship to rotating into using the trigger guard. 3) the short grip, which is more or less fixed by the 12 Shot Mag. I can be way more aggressive with a S&W Shield. What I haven’t done is gone out and shot one. Might change my outlook. I hear good things about it.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good shootin', a buddy has one and he really likes it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow, great shooting! Those are some nice groups.
I just had mine out this afternoon. I forgot how easy it is to hit steel plates at 25 yards. For a small gun, it really shouldn’t be so accurate!

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Got a Glock G19 today and that will be the main carry gun whenever possible but when I need the extra concealment this Sig will definitely do.

How much better do you shoot the Glock 19?

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
About the same, so far. The first pic is a 50 round group (five 10 round strings) from a rented G19 fired during the same session as the P365 groups above. That G19 has the white outline notch/white dot sights. Shooting this with those sights and P365 with the big green dot sight is what convinced me to get the AmeriGlo sights on the G19 I bought later that day.

Can't really prove it but my distinct impression is that the advantage of the easily distinguishable green dot on the Sig makes up for it being harder to hang onto. The white dot on the G19 gets lost in the white notch rear when trying to re-acquire it quickly, i.e. it tends to blend in with it so you're not sure if it's centered in the notch, but then the longer sight radius and greater ease of gripping it make up for that.

JMHO, but so far the score is:
Glock - easier to hold onto, longer sight radius
Sig - a bit better trigger
Sights - bright green dot on the 365 vs. bright red dot on my new G19 so that should be a wash.

I'll get the new G19 out to the range Wednesday morning and see if that red dot front sight puts it over the top. Even if doesn't, hey, 'Murica - I mostly wanted another pistol so any excuse to get one is good enough. wink

Rented G19, five 10 shot strings, 7 yards, shots fired as quickly as it looked like the front sight was back on target.

[Linked Image]

The Sig group from above for an easy comparison. Three 10 shots strings fired in the same manner.

[Linked Image]

Disclosure: I'm definitely showing off here and could post some groups that aren't nearly as pretty. These two were fired toward the end of my shooting session after having practiced grip and trigger control with both pistols plus a couple hundred rounds of .22 from a G44. But I'm not unhappy with the other groups, shots mostly hit where they were supposed to but if I don't watch my trigger control closely I tend to pull shots low so a fair number of outliers venture into the white area below and to the right of the bullseye.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek

I concur!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Just received a 15 shot mag for the P365 wow, loaded it up and it was all I could do to overcome spring pressure. Have not tested it yet.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...05cf82aef2bcf0cb7c1430ed&action=view

Last edited by kk alaska; 02/19/20.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had to choose between the P938 and the 365. Both nice pistols that group and shoot well.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think it would depend on what your used to. If your a 1911 person, the P938 for sure.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I think it would depend on what your used to. If your a 1911 person, the P938 for sure.

Exactly.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I'm not seeing it. Even with a LW 1911, there's not much in common between a medium large 28 oz. pistol and a 16 oz. micro.

Comparing the P938 and P365, most often there's a downside or compromise with increased capacity, but not in this case: P365

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,321 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,398
Posts18,470,039
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.