Hop To
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
"Road rage" is proof to the average Joe that he is among REALLY stupid people. I could go on, and on, about idiots that raged against the wrong person, or with the wrong person watching.

I find it easy to avoid the "rage" part of it. Mostly by keeping in mind that encounters with other drivers in traffic are meaningless. I can't think of a more worthless reason to get all worked up, And if that fails, just taking satisfaction (not really the right word) in the knowledge that if the a-hole gets out of his car and does something really stupid of his own volition, I know how it's gonna turn out and he doesn't.

Hopefully, it'll never come to that but it's a good way to keep yourself from getting all worked up over a meaningless situation. Just smile and know you've got the a-hole's number.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You sound pretty well balanced in that regard. As an aside, I have found that the aggressive nature of people changes dramatically depending on whether I'm driving my Honda Civic or my F250.

They get even nicer when I'm pulling my raggedy ole' lowboy. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I worked in Washington DC briefly in the early 80's. I had an old truck with half the paint gone. It was great, the cab drivers even gave me a wide berth. The beamers and benz's just got the he** out of the way.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I was road raged a few years ago. The guy cut me off then jammed on his brakes. I went around and he pulled up beside me. I was comming back from hjnting and am sure he saw my 300 on the seat beside me. He backed off immediately. Guns can diffuse a situation or save your life......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I am always prepared, but more than willing to walk a way without a confrontation. Road Rage incidents are always costly to everyone involved.

And never worth it.

+1 Especially when theres a good chance in 30 seconds you never see the guy again in your life. I dont like taking sht anymore than the next guy but dang if Im going to have my nice drama free life interupted by some loser whose likely got nothing to lose.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes, let the idiots be on their merry way. No reason to invite them to do anything but get the hell away from you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by smokepole
I worked in Washington DC briefly in the early 80's. I had an old truck with half the paint gone. It was great, the cab drivers even gave me a wide berth. The beamers and benz's just got the he** out of the way.

That's great!

There used to be a fellow in town who had an old Jeep station wagon and had a section of Maybe 6 or 8 inch I beam as a bumper. People really stayed away from him, too.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sollybug
I was road raged a few years ago. The guy cut me off then jammed on his brakes. I went around and he pulled up beside me. I was comming back from hjnting and am sure he saw my 300 on the seat beside me. He backed off immediately. Guns can diffuse a situation or save your life......

You should try a black ski mask.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My pard sees a guy pulling outa the gas station, he's sure it's his brother. So he aims his truck right at what he thinks is his brother's car. Guy freaks (can't blame him) and goes in the ditch. My pard "oh chit, that ain't my brudda"

pulls over so he can explain and snatch the guy out with a tow strap. The guy ain't having it he's PIZZED. Winter time here, it was slicker than chit out at the intersection. Every time he spools up to haymaker my pard his feet go out from under him. Ron is dancing backwards trying to explain what and why happened. Finally tells the guy "you fall many more times you could hurt yourself" finally got him calmed down enough to pull him out.

Said the guy never has sent him a Xmas card.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This town has plenty of road rage people driving our streets...

and others who think they are special, because they are from out of town
and there here among a bunch of hicks, who they view as below them...

a trip to the store is always an adventure...

saw a guy down in Nevada that was driving a 10 Ton Army Tank Retriever..

He admitted, driving it.. NO one cuts him off, and NO one just pulls out in front of him...

Nor Tail Gates him....

I want one...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Everyone wants to live outside of town and I've noticed the traffic going into town has gotten a little bit heavier.

8-9AM is the worst.

Actually as soon as school starts back up look out....

Last edited by SamOlson; 08/05/17.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
"Road rage" is proof to the average Joe that he is among REALLY stupid people. I could go on, and on, about idiots that raged against the wrong person, or with the wrong person watching.

I'm always careful and courteous, but you still have jackasses that want to beat you to death over some imagined slight, from time to time. One more reason to carry a gun and less than lethal weapons.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Furball dont take no chit off NOBODY!

Thats some Jeffrey Dahmer chit.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Haha.

How’d you dig this up?

The ole FireballDuece in the dump truck with the 38 snub nose thread........🙃

Po oh me......

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
my wife was driving us to dinner one night, merging onto the interstate, she merged on driving about 60mph and some jagoff in a cadillac SUV pulls up beside her ranting and raving, swerving close to us. Trying to run us up on the shoulder. Shook her up pretty bad.

alot of crazy people out there getting set off for no reason.

in this case my wife didn't do anything wrong, but early in our marriage, she was one of these types that wouldn't let people go around her, let people out in traffic or whatever, just alot of generally dickish driving for her age. I was the same way in my 20's, but now that I'm well into my 50's, its really no skin off my nose to let someone get around me or yield to the guy coming off the ramp.

It took me telling her about 20 times that you don't know if the guy you just cutoff just got fired from his job, caught his wife cheating or just smoked some PCP - if you're going to be an aggressive driver then you need to be prepared for people to be aggressive back at you.

but someone gets out the car and is coming back to whip my ass, I'll run over the sumbitch before I take an ass whuppin. That ain't happenin. I can fix a dent. But I generally drive to avoid those confrontations

Last edited by KFWA; 02/18/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Somebody better dredge up the Murderous Pickup Kneegrow thread to go with this one. Another all time classic

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Always prepared but really don't expect it to happen to us do we?

Today I'm driving the dump truck and flatbed trailer to the tire store for some new baloney skins when I roll up to a four way stop and begin to veer into the left turn lane. I see this late model Cadillac coming around me on the left from behind, going into the oncoming lane. He's driving real fast and erratic as he goes around, and I tapped my horn. He immediately flips me the bird and pulls in front of me, between me and the car that was in front of me. Then he hangs out the window, looks back and is yelling some sheit waving his left arm around the whole time. I pretty calmly signaled him to come back and chat when he sped around the car in front of him into the intersection (out of turn and almost running into another rig), burning rubber and gittin. Everyone's looking around going, "Did that just happen?" When he stuck his head back in the window I figured that's it, he's throwing the door open and coming back. I was fully ready for it but it was a shock that it was happening. Thankfully? he sped off.

Text my buddy about it and he says, "Yeah, newer Cadillac, white kid with dark hair?" He'd just seen the same kid blow thru a flagger at road construction because apparently he was tired of waiting. Gravel flying and burnout there too. After hearing that I started shaking. Adrenalin dump I guess. Dude didn't have the gonads to jump out of his car and come play but if he had it would have gotten serious real quick. Probably hopped up on meth.

I had my 38 Super on the seat next to me, never in a million years visualizing that scenario playing out on the way to the tire store, in a dump truck, but it's like I tell my wife, you don't get to choose when it starts, only how it ends if you're lucky, and ready. Really makes a person think how fast life can take a turn. FWI, the town I was in has a population of 30K.

That's probably nothing for alot of you guys, but around here while it's not common, it's not unprecedented. You really need to have the gun handy, and be ready, because it happens fast. Stay safe out there, it seems like the world is going crazy.

A random kid erratically passes your landscaping rig clad in balding tires. He flips you an animated bird and extends other disrespectful gestures in response to your protesting horn honk. So, you attempt to draw him out of his vehicle and into an escalated engagement while a handgun lays on the seat next to you.

Now you're here documenting this on the internet.

I’m not here to judge, but fuzznutz sure as hell wouldn’t want me on his jury.

Sean
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by littlecmonkey
Check out this roid rage monkey that got followed after it shot a car. The cheetohead was aperrested and canned from the job.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/02/road-rage-suspect-arrested-after-victim-follows-him-to-his-work/

How could any adult male be seen with little girl pigtails??? And so many young whites want to copy their "style."

Adult Male what? Those are to keep the hexes off.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
You "signaled him to come back and chat." And you had a loaded pistol on the seat.

My friend, you should not aggravate a situation like this. You wanted to shoot this idiot? Not a good idea. Let it go.

This ain't the Ponderosa, and you ain't Adam Cartwright.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yep, pretty knee jerk reaction I'll admit. Guess my BS meter was pegged and didn't feel the need to take crap off a punk. I'm not responsible for his actions, only mine. He gets out and comes back to wail on me that's all on him. Glad it didn't go down that way but it's on him not me.

*If you ever stand in front of a judge that's one of the lessons he's eager to teach you. Don't ask me how I know. blush

Reminds me of the incident I was in when I was starting to squeeze the trigger in ones face when he backed up and threw his hidden hand up which I posted about a few mo ago.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (007FJ, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 55 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,108
Posts18,502,258
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.