Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I started reading this, and thought, "Here we go again"
Then noticed the dates.

I always laugh at the Billy Bob Badasses.

Just because you are big, tough, skilled at fighting, or packing,
You think you know how it will turn out.

Hint,

The other guy thinks the same. And you have no idea
how tough, skilled at fighting, or what weapon he has.
Or, what he might do. He might start shooting your ass
from 10 feet in front of your vehicle.

The real world isn't the "gentlemans" ring.
With no weapons, rules, and officials.
The nut job in that other car may truly be psycho.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Engaging a road rage idiot is giving them just what they're looking for with their behavior. They don't get anything more than a blank stare from me, with handguns everywhere it's the prudent thing to do.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Guess my BS meter was pegged.....

Yeah, know the feeling.

Black Cows Matter!
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Always prepared but really don't expect it to happen to us do we?
.... it happens fast. Stay safe out there, it seems like the world is going crazy.

You might be soft if this is thread-worthy.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Had your 38 Super..........are you Messican?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Didn't read it all. Is the old Fireball still pissed? laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigNate
When I see these I have to wonder if the other side of the story was that you cut him off in your big truck just because you could. Rarely does a road rage incident start because one party was doing nothing. It does happen, but it usually starts with some sort of rude self centered act of BS.

The rest is, if several people call in to report the erratic behavior of this individual in a town of only 30k it'll get around to the LEO's soon enough.

There is an intersection here in Grants Pass where if you turn right you either go north on the freeway or south. The left lane goes north the right lane goes south. When the light turned green I turned right into the near lane; which is the southbound lane. Immediately I turned on the left turn signal and went to the left lane. The guy who was behind me at the intersection was so close behind I could not see the front of his car. He was giving me the finger and shaking his fist at me. Then after about hundred and fifty feet of this he put on his right signal and went into the south bound lane and went south.

I thought, "What an idiot. All he had to do to prevent his irritation was follow the law and turn into the correct lane. After all, he wanted to go south."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that the problem was that you were in the left lane, where no one is ever, for any reason, allowed to be unless they are the other person.

Last edited by 5sdad; 02/19/20.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I started reading this, and thought, "Here we go again"
Then noticed the dates.

I always laugh at the Billy Bob Badasses.

Just because you are big, tough, skilled at fighting, or packing,
You think you know how it will turn out.

Hint,

The other guy thinks the same. And you have no idea
how tough, skilled at fighting, or what weapon he has.
Or, what he might do. He might start shooting your ass
from 10 feet in front of your vehicle.

The real world isn't the "gentlemans" ring.
With no weapons, rules, and officials.
The nut job in that other car may truly be psycho.

Truth here^^^^^^^^^I've always said, don't go around fu-king with people, you DONT know what they may know, you DONT know what they've been through, you DONT know how close they are to snapping, and we certainly DONT know................they may be really tired of living at all, those rabid sombitches will go off like a bomb and out in hellfire clouds of smoke and fire! so yes, DONT pick!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
When I see these I have to wonder if the other side of the story was that you cut him off in your big truck just because you could. Rarely does a road rage incident start because one party was doing nothing. It does happen, but it usually starts with some sort of rude self centered act of BS.

The rest is, if several people call in to report the erratic behavior of this individual in a town of only 30k it'll get around to the LEO's soon enough.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Actually, he had been causing trouble at a costruction zone earlier in the morning. Not that you would even consider there might be more to it on the side of the guy going off in traffic.

F'n campfire.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yep, pretty knee jerk reaction I'll admit. Guess my BS meter was pegged and didn't feel the need to take crap off a punk. I'm not responsible for his actions, only mine. He gets out and comes back to wail on me that's all on him. Glad it didn't go down that way but it's on him not me.

*If you ever stand in front of a judge that's one of the lessons he's eager to teach you. Don't ask me how I know. blush

Reminds me of the incident I was in when I was starting to squeeze the trigger in ones face when he backed up and threw his hidden hand up which I posted about a few mo ago.

Jag and furball should ride together on highways!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Living north of Dallas, the biggest traffic issue is foreign (mainly Indian and Asian) women. They have a thing about leaving at least 3 car lengths between them and the car in front of them at every stoplight for some reason. They’re always texting on their phones and seem to believe that left turn signals are good for only 1 car per cycle. No use road raging at that. Might as well yell at the clouds.
Every now and then some dude in a pickup will come speeding down the road weaving in and out of lanes and all I can think is maybe if I get behind him, I can get home quicker.

Just to be clear, I do not now nor have I ever carried a 38 super.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Actually, he had been causing trouble at a costruction zone earlier in the morning. Not that you would even consider there might be more to it on the side of the guy going off in traffic.

F'n campfire.

Roy, the good folks here at The Campfire are trying to tell you in a nice, gentle way that,,,,,you got it coming.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A few weeks ago I accidentally cut a guy off when I merged into the left lane to pass a slower vehicle. He must have been running over a hundred miles per hour because when I merged over all I saw was him coming up behind me at a high rate of speed. It apparently enraged him, because after I passed the vehicle that I was passing and merged back over into the right lane he passed by me and threw a water bottle out of his window at me and hit the side window of my truck.
I got his license plate number and called 911 and gave them the information. Never heard anything else back from them.
My best friend is a Raleigh, NC police officer and I got him to run the tags for me to see who the guy was. He was a dindu driving a lifted Impala with huge rims. He wouldn't tell me the guy's name or where he lived because he said that was against policy and he could get fired for it. He did, however, tell me that the guy had a rap sheet a mile long including attempted murder and assault on a police officer, so if I had motion him back to my vehicle there's no telling what would have happened. I certainly had more to lose than he did.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 02/19/20.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The above is exactly what I'm talking about, sometimes even making eye contact with these nut cases enrages them to the point they become violent. Not worth it, look straight ahead and drive on. Getting involved has only a downside for the victim, not worth it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
A few weeks ago I accidentally cut a guy off when I merged into the left lane to pass a slower vehicle. He must have been running over a hundred miles per hour because when I merged over all I saw was him coming up behind me at a high rate of speed. It apparently enraged him, because after I passed the vehicle that I was passing and merged back over into the right lane he passed by me and threw a water bottle out of his window at me and hit the side window of my truck.
I got his license plate number and called 911 and gave them the information. Never heard anything else back from them.
My best friend is a Raleigh, NC police officer and I got him to run the tags for me to see who the guy was. He was a dindu driving a lifted Impala with huge rims. He wouldn't tell me the guy's name or where he lived because he said that was against policy and he could get fired for it. He did, however, tell me that the guy had a rap sheet a mile long including attempted murder and assault on a police officer, so if I had motion him back to my vehicle there's no telling what would have happened. I certainly had more to lose than he did.

But you see, the left lane ALWAYS, UNDER ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES, belongs to whichever driver wants to exceed the speed limit the most.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Thought of this thread today while driving . I was out of my usual area and realized a woman was behind me talking with her hands. Turns out she’s just a hand talker . I thought she sure is lucky she’s not in Southern Oregon . Someone may get triggered after seeing that unusual behavior.

Last edited by alwaysoutdoors; 02/19/20.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

F'n campfire.

There's always two side to a story. I've been the pissed off guy willing to go to jail. I've also been the guy that accidentally cut off the guy that was in a big hurry and changing lanes. It happens sometimes even when you signal, they didn't see it, didn't care, or whatever. When towing a 40' trailer you have to drive a little aggressive sometimes or you'll never change lanes. It's interesting to me that when I'm driving my old beater with big steel bumpers, and dents with mismatched paint people are usually a lot less pushy.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Did you ever consider that maybe someone killed his precious sumac ? Go easy on a fella’.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I notice a lot of folks speed up when there is room to switch lanes and you turn on the blinker. If you go ahead and switch lanes then they get all nasty. All they had to do was nothing. Just keep doing what they were and everything is fine.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,951
Posts18,519,264
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.