-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Ann Coulter: Honey, We Molested the Kids!

clic pic for story
[Linked Image from media.breitbart.com]

I wonder if any liberals are re-thinking their insistence that the Boy Scouts allow gay men to take 13-year-old boys on overnight camping trips.

HEADLINE: Boy Scouts Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy in the Face of Thousands of Child Abuse Allegations

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) have long been on the left’s hate list. Any organization that has the temerity to train young men in the virtues of integrity, patriotism, and self-reliance is putting itself on the fighting side of liberals!

At the 2000 Democratic National Convention, a little group of Boy Scouts took the stage as part of the opening ceremony — and were promptly booed by the delegates.

For decades, the BSA has fended off lawsuits demanding that they embrace the holy trinity of G’s: girls, gays, and godless atheists. (If only it had occurred to the plaintiffs to start their own organizations! They could have given them names like “The Girl Scouts.”)

Why would any liberal want to join an organization that was, according to them, sexist, Bible-thumping, and bigoted? They didn’t. The lawsuits were kill shots.

For the left, what’s not to hate about the Boy Scouts? Their oath is: “On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.”

Nearly 200 NASA astronauts were Boy Scouts. The great outdoorsman, Teddy Roosevelt, was such a BSA booster than he was made the one and only “Chief Scout Citizen,” a scout for life.

A Louis Harris & Associates study in 1996 found that men who had been scouts placed a higher value on honesty than those who had not.

But now the lawsuits have killed them. Congratulations, Democrats, the New York Times, and corporate America. (I hope all their future employees steal from them, after being raised on “Grand Theft Auto” instead of the Boy Scout oath.)

From the beginning, BSA has had to deal with child molesters eagerly signing up to go camping with 13-year-old boys in isolated areas away from all observation.

Within a decade of its 1910 founding, the BSA began keeping internal files on “ineligible” scouting volunteers, known as “the perversion files.”

Scout leaders were not to be alone with boys and, starting in 1988, all adult applicants were subjected to aggressive background screening. The organization promptly removed any scout leaders based on mere suspicion and alerted law enforcement in about a third of the cases.

Nonetheless, between 1970 and 1991, up to .04 percent of Boy Scouts may have been molested. That’s about 2,000 out of several million boys.

Given all of this, what sort of escaped mental patient would demand that the Boy Scouts admit openly gay scout leaders?

Yes, we know most gays aren’t child molesters. How could we not? It’s part of our secular catechism, along with the one about most Muslims not being terrorists and most immigrants not being criminals.

But men who molest boys are a small slice — infinitesimal really! — within a larger category known as “gay.” It’s not two totally different things, like an architect and a dentist. Some men like blondes. Some like brunettes. But they’re all within the category of “heterosexual.”

No parent is going to send their young sons camping alone in the woods with an openly gay man for the same reason they wouldn’t send their adolescent daughters to be alone in the woods with an openly heterosexual man.

And now the BSA has been whiplashed into bankruptcy by liberals demanding, on one hand, that the scouts allow gays to be troop leaders and, on the other hand, filing lawsuits accusing the scouts of not taking strong enough measures to prevent gay troop leaders from molesting boys.

Couldn’t liberals get together and decide for themselves whether the Boy Scouts should have been more aggressive in preventing child molestation — or less?

For their defense witnesses, the Boy Scouts should call New York Times editors, Democratic politicians, and corporate CEOs.

Back in 1980, when a gay guy lost his lawsuit against BSA for dropping him as a scout leader, Wells Fargo, the United Way of San Francisco, Levi Strauss, and the Bank of America cut off funding to the organization. San Francisco and Oakland schools prohibited the scouts from using their facilities on weekdays.

After the Supreme Court’s disturbingly narrow 5-4 decision in 2000 holding that the Boy Scouts could not be forced to admit gay scout leaders, the Times denounced the decision in an editorial, calling the court’s ruling “one of its lowest moments of the term.”

The following month, the Times’ “ethicist,” Randy Cohen, advised a reader to pull her son out of the Cub Scouts, saying it was “the ethical thing to do.” The “ethicist” explained: “Just as one is honor bound to quit an organization that excludes African-Americans, so you should withdraw from scouting as long as it rejects homosexuals.”

Also in response to the Supreme Court’s decision, Chase Manhattan Bank, Textron Inc., and dozens more United Way chapters withdrew millions of dollars in contributions. More cities dropped their support of the Boy Scouts.

In his pre-Super Bowl TV interview in 2013, President Barack Obama was still harping on the Boy Scouts’ refusal to allow gay scoutmasters: “Gays and lesbians should have access and opportunity the same way everybody else does.”

On CNN, host Carol Costello haughtily informed a guest opposed to gay scoutmasters, “Well, I’ll just say that the American Psychological Association has studied the issue that you just mentioned. Homosexuals aren’t any more likely to molest kids than straight men.”

The defense rests.

Throughout the left’s 30-year assault on the Boy Scouts for discriminating against gays, the Catholic Church was embroiled in its own molestation crisis. More than 80 percent of the molester priests were accused of victimizing teenage boys.

Instead of saying, “Oh — I see what the Boy Scouts are doing,” liberals responded to the gay sex-abuse crisis in the priesthood by blaming … celibacy!

Isn’t it a thought crime to question whether sexual preference is determined at birth? But liberals not only believed gayness was the result of an adult lifestyle choice — celibacy — but they knew how to “cure” it: Allow priests to marry!

Since the one thing we know is that men molesting boys has nothing to do with being gay, I guess this time it’s camping that causes sodomy.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Liberals and queeers destroy everything they come in contact with.

The BSA was a slow, painful death. Been dying for 30+ years.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They have gotten what they wanted. Lots of young men will not have an opportunity to be a scout!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You wouldn't want a gay Scout leader. He is out on campouts with a bunch of 12 and 15 year old boys. Something bad could happen.
Same thing, you wouldn't want a normal 25 year old man to be a Girl Scout leader, and have him on a campout with a bunch of 15 year old girls.
Of course, there never was a chance that a horny 25 year old man would be allowed to camp out with a bunch of 15 year old young girls.
Different rules for the boys and the girls.

These Libs and [bleep]*ots have destroyed a once-great orgainization. Wie Schade.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
You wouldn't want a gay Scout leader. He is out on campouts with a bunch of 12 and 15 year old boys. Something bad could happen.
Same thing, you wouldn't want a normal 25 year old man to be a Girl Scout leader, and have him on a campout with a bunch of 15 year old girls.
Of course, there never was a chance that a horny 25 year old man would be allowed to camp out with a bunch of 15 year old young girls.

These Libs and [bleep]*ots have destroyed a once-great orgainization. Wie Schade.

What about a 25-year old transvestite girl scout leader? Would that pass muster?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
As mentioned in an earlier thread, doing it one Institution at a time.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If the BSA would have upheld their traditional values there would be no infiltration of Sodomites.

Death by 1000 cuts.

The difference between homo’s & Muslims is, the Muslims don’t wear lipstick or eat Pork.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The death of BSA was sealed with the appointment of queer lover Robert Gates as the scout executive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
The death of BSA was sealed with the appointment of queer lover Robert Gates as the scout executive.

True.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
LGBT only wants to classify them as molesters. They're deflecting the fact the molesters are gay.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
To summarize the article above for those that don't want to read:

Through 30+ years of pressure from the libtards to accept gays into BSA, corporate America slowly withdrew it's financial support on a national level and choked the life out of the organization. Then just when the BSA was on life support, they caved and did accept gays, so then the Christian Churches and local conservative organizations that were carrying the BSA, withdrew their support at the local level, and now it's dead......

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
But But Mikey Bloomberg was an Eagle Scout

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The death of the BSA started when they caved to Levi Strauss 30 years ago. It just went on from there.
Hopefully Trail LIfe will become the new BSA. All of the troops are sponsored by churches. That's certainly no guarantee that queers will be kept at bay but it does up the odds.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack

True.

You had better look at this issue again.

When you do you'll discover that Rex Tillerson started this with his acceptance of homosexual scouts.He later returned to team with Gates to force the acceptance of homosexual Scout leaders.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Liberals and queeers destroy everything they come in contact with.

The BSA was a slow, painful death. Been dying for 30+ years.

Yup, A lot of the Boy Scouts problems came from poor decisions by the adults in the room.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
my time in Scouting, I have known a lot of gay leaders, and parents...

What you don't hear, those are the ones with Children, whom they wanted to have their boys learn the skills and attitudes that
scouting teaches them.. these adults, weren't molesting anyone, as they were parents...

No one hates the liberal left and the LBGTxyz community that has tried to destroy Scouting, than the parents and adults who have boys in BSA... they are the very first to point out, that the ones that are attacking Scouting, are the ones that don't have any children involved in Scouting... no skin in the game, they just want to destroy every institution that is a threat to their very existence...and BSA was a big target because of its high profile and its ideals...

Kinda think of it as Working Parents with kids on one side, versus a bunch of antifa bums/ Nazis on the other..

Sad thing is, the Gay crowd is really not a big part of our society.. but it is certainly a bunch of Big Mouth leftist that want to tear down society and make it like they are what the society norm should be, and they are well funded, because a few of them are in power at certain points in our society, that allow them to get away with it... supported by Big Globalism money...

being a scouting leader tho, in today's climate.. its wearing me out, because of how handicapped every thing is to try and cater and/or defend against all the leftist attacks...Christ, a kid can't go take a dump without someone else going with him...Adults have to always be on guard to cover their own asses, for some slip of the tongue some kid might say to mom when they get back from an outing, and have the Vote for Hillary type mom, make a Federal case out of something...had to deal with that as committee chair for 6 months that ended a couple of months ago.... The shcitt never ends.. while our local council, was willing to sacrifice a 12 year old boy's future, from an 11 yr olds accusations.. which when he didn't get his way, admitted he made it up...

This isn't the first time of crossing this bridge.. so you even have kids using all this lefty-ism to try and manipulate situations to get his way, or get even with another boy for something stupid.... an accusation said...then both families are involved, arguing against the other... BSA National and Council are no help to the solution.....over a pair of kids who started the entire thing, because one wimp wanted to get even with another boy over something stupid.. so he gets liberal mom involved.. or in our last case, the liberal aunt, who babysits the 11 yr old, while single mommy works, or when she goes out partying and shacking up with someone on a Friday night...

naw scouting has been killed by the liberal left, and all of society's Free life style of today....single mom's want Scouting to replace having no father figure around for their kid, while they go out and act like the free partying college girl...

we can't blame the entire Gay Community for its coming demise.. plenty of social factors internally are also eating away at Scouting's Foundations....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The death of the BSA started when they caved to Levi Strauss 30 years ago. It just went on from there.
Hopefully Trail LIfe will become the new BSA. All of the troops are sponsored by churches. That's certainly no guarantee that queers will be kept at bay but it does up the odds.

I was an asst. leader in our local troop when this happened. Our scoutmaster took a brand new pair of Levi’s cut a hole on the seat of em and smeared em with red paint and sent em to Strauss corporate HQ!!!! Both my boys, both Eagle Scouts, still laugh about that! Damn I miss that fellow! He was a good friend.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
But But Mikey Bloomberg was an Eagle Scout

Guess he never got a Marksmanship merit badge....
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

What about a 25-year old transvestite girl scout leader? Would that pass muster?

You almost wish for a near miss of it happening. Except for the potential outcomes you don't want to contemplate and the Left will never take credit for. They will just blame the leadership for doing a poor job if screening someone who even a psychologist can't understand...
The left loves to plant time bombs, land mines and hand grenades to destroy the organization's it hates....

Nice post Seafire. I almost discounted it after reading just the last two paragraphs, but went back to get the whole picture...well done.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

I'm afraid we've already crossed that bridge the several denominations who glory in the sodomite lifestyle leading their churches, such as the Methodists.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think that scouting is an anachronistic entity that has little to draw much interest from today's teens who prefer to live on-line rather than in person.

When their biggest supporter, the LDS Church, announced that they were going to cut ties with BSA, they needed another big, wealthy, donor to step up, but none did, so it was just a matter of time before they were no longer viable.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1_deuce, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 12344mag, 1OntarioJim, 52 invisible), 2,269 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,135
Posts18,483,942
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.