Hop To
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Jeez, man. Get a grip.
You non believers are really quite emotional over that which you profess not to believe in.

You have to forgive people to some extent, you have to remember it's incredibly frustrating arguing against obvious logical fallacies, and interpretations of "scripture" when you want them to be and literal when you need them to be. It all depends on the argument and the christians are arguing with.

The lack of self consistences from christians is a challenge. It can be emotional when you're so close to getting someone to see the light, and then at the last minute they fall back on cognitive dissonance.

It's only because we care about the truth.

GB1

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I come into this late, to answer the question of why I'm not a christian?

I've yet to find a christian to give me evidence of the criteria they've used to rule out all other religions proving their own true. In fact, most haven't even looked at other religions.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They get brainwashed early on and then fear retaliation and dis-owning from friends and family if they ever change their view

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 02/20/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It's not rare, but rare for people to admit to their friends, or have discussions like this (in person):

There are quite a few Conservative atheists. Call it the silent majority that elected Trump. I, for example am an extreme Constitutional conservative, and social libertarian. I have no allegiance to a God, however I do not have any animosity to Christians in any way. I have an analytical engineer's mind and thought process, and religion is just never going to be a leap I'll ever take.

The closest thing I have to a religion or belief in a higher order is the Constitution of the United States, and the oath I took to uphold it.

In this current climate, people like myself, and Christians have to stick together, since while we believe in different reasons, we (mostly) believe in the same outcome for our country. I may not have the same belief system, but I guarantee I probably vote the same way as most Christians.

Last edited by LoadClear; 02/20/20.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
They get brainwashed early on and then fear retaliation and dis-owning from friends and family if they ever change their view

I was one of those.... it's possible to break free!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems morals pre-date many of the modern religions
- means to help us all get along together nicely, in addition to those in-built natural morals. .

Pagans each with their Gods from different cultures , accepted the polytheistic
Gods of other cultures , even intermingling them, getting along nicely,

Twas the monotheistic Jews and christians that came along with their intolerance and violence
dividing people and suppressing people with their enforced stringent beliefs.

They not only had it in for pagans , but also other Jewish and christian sects viewed as rivals.

Constantine had to step in to keep christians from tearing at each others throats,
it was that bad that it threatened to erupt into civil war for the region.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by LoadClear
It's not rare, but rare for people to admit to their friends, or have discussions like this (in person):

There are quite a few Conservative atheists. Call it the silent majority that elected Trump. I, for example am an extreme Constitutional conservative, and social libertarian. I have no allegiance to a God, however I do not have any animosity to Christians in any way. I have an analytical engineer's mind and thought process, and religion is just never going to be a leap I'll ever take.

The closest thing I have to a religion or belief in a higher order is the Constitution of the United States, and the oath I took to uphold it.

In this current climate, people like myself, and Christians have to stick together, since while we believe in different reasons, we (mostly) believe in the same outcome for our country. I may not have the same belief system, but I guarantee I probably vote the same way as most Christians.

LC,

Great post.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

LC,

Great post.

Too bad you cant say the same.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by bannination

I was one of those.... it's possible to break free!

Good for you, and the psychiatrist you answered to also. I'm glad yall are free of this terrible disease.

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/20/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

LC,

Great post.

Too bad you cant say the same.

My views very closely mirror what he wrote above.

If you paid closer attention you would know that by now.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
.. we all have to walk that lonesome valley. Let us pray Jesus Lord will be
there to take us by the hand.

sheep cant type cause hands they have not.

Shepherd JC is more likely just to kick yer scatterbrain dumb ass along
so you dont keep his cantankerous arbitrary justice father waiting.

meanwhile on the valley path...

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by wabigoon
.. we all have to walk that lonesome valley. Let us pray Jesus Lord will be
there to take us by the hand.

sheep cant type cause hands they have not.

Shepherd JC is more likely just to kick yer scatterbrain dumb ass along
so you dont keep his cantankerous arbritrary justice father waiting.

Sheep can get quite vicious when threatened, haha.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by DBT
An easy answer, the bible is a collection of books written by man, not God, and compiled by man, not God, in order to meet the needs of the people in power, Constantine, et al, as a way of controlling the masses, providing a value system and identity, ie, being a Christian.

Of course, the Jews disagreed. Jesus was not their promised Messiah, the Muslims have their own prophet... to mention a few problems with faith.

To say it was not written by God is to purport to speak for God. So, on your premises you're no different than the Biblical writers you criticize.

There is no doubt that all the books of the bible were written by people. There's a lot more that was not selected, the Gospel of Thomas, etc, both from Jewish tradition and later Christian works.

If it was inspired by the Creator of the Universe, as claimed, why would it be so full of errors and contractions? You may deny the errors and contradictions, but they are there regardless.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Starman

Sheep can get quite vicious... .

The moral of the story is, ..Don't turn yer back
on them chrizns.. coz they sly - play dirty.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Religion didn't create moral standards. The arrogant mis-guided religious believer thinks it did and thus commits all non-believers to being immoral. Religious wankers.

No one said “religion “ did so nor were non believers categorized as immoral.

Moral standards:
You reckon the Ten Commandments had and today has any part in moral standards?

Yours is an arrogant non believer position with many false assumptions. You and those of your ilk are so much better than the believers ?

What say ?

Classic christian lacking those values I mentioned but full of that god fueled rage.....

Again, more assumptions on your part. You continue to dig your own hole. Rage? Because someone said you are wrong?

You have your own religion of sorts and I respect that. Just know that arrogance begats the same, mostly.

No, rage based on your angered sentences... and again, your incorrect:

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Jeez, man. Get a grip.
You non believers are really quite emotional over that which you profess not to believe in.

Lmao... Do I need to copy and paste the definition of emotional as well... it appears you dont understand that word either, as your the one who’s upset. Im posting facts that you dispute with angst. Each of your rebbutals has sarcasm and or name calling, that would be emotional.

Again, prove anything I posted on this topic wrong. Its been several snide posts from you in response saying Im wrong, and I keeping asking for proof that I am....

Bueller.... Bueller.....

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
I guess my problem with "firmly established science" is that there are too many wild guesses put forward as truth in science. I keep hearing scientists say things like . . . . . it is possible that such and such could have happened. Then they start giving dates for things happening like 50 to 100 million years ago. They are admitting to an error of 50 million years and that is not science, that is guess work, and poor guess work at best. And then they get people to have faith in their theories and guesses. Could have, may have and might have are not scientific terms. It takes more faith to believe in science than it does to have faith in a the Lord God Almighty.

Have any of you guys ever read the Bible through from cover to cover?

Detractors of Christianity sit in judgment on God, and then run God down for sitting in judgment on them. "who does God think he is?" Well, he thinks he's God, and so do I. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
T
Just one final thought . . . . . . . . God will let you believe anything you want to believe.

But he will not hold himself to take your beliefs and stamp his approval on them. Mine either for that matter.

The best way I know how, I'll stick with the Bible.

Last edited by the_shootist; 02/21/20.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bannination

Jeez, man. Get a grip.

You have to forgive people to some extent, you have to remember it's incredibly frustrating arguing against obvious logical fallacies, and interpretations of "scripture" when you want them to be and literal when you need them to be. It all depends on the argument and the christians are arguing with.

The lack of self consistences from christians is a challenge. It can be emotional when you're so close to getting someone to see the light, and then at the last minute they fall back on cognitive dissonance.

It's only because we care about the truth.

The Truth. Yes, surely. You seem to lump all Chr*stians into a single category.

I wish you well in your calling and ministry in the propagation of Truth for the benefit of the human race. Truly I do.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Religion didn't create moral standards. The arrogant mis-guided religious believer thinks it did and thus commits all non-believers to being immoral. Religious wankers.

No one said “religion “ did so nor were non believers categorized as immoral.

Moral standards:
You reckon the Ten Commandments had and today has any part in moral standards?

Yours is an arrogant non believer position with many false assumptions. You and those of your ilk are so much better than the believers ?

What say ?

Classic christian lacking those values I mentioned but full of that god fueled rage.....

Again, more assumptions on your part. You continue to dig your own hole. Rage? Because someone said you are wrong?

You have your own religion of sorts and I respect that. Just know that arrogance begats the same, mostly.

No, rage based on your angered sentences... and again, your incorrect:

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Jeez, man. Get a grip.

Lmao... Do I need to copy and paste the definition of emotional as well... it appears you dont understand that word either, as your the one who’s upset. Im posting facts that you dispute with angst. Each of your rebbutals has sarcasm and or name calling, that would be emotional.

Again, prove anything I posted on this topic wrong. Its been several snide posts from you in response saying Im wrong, and I keeping asking for proof that I am....

Bueller.... Bueller.....

You are your own proof of being wrong.

You emotionally tilted types tend to derail in short order. Again, get a grip on yourself.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by the_shootist
I guess my problem with "firmly established science" is that there are too many wild guesses put forward as truth in science. I keep hearing scientists say things like . . . . . it is possible that such and such could have happened. Then they start giving dates for things happening like 50 to 100 million years ago. They are admitting to an error of 50 million years and that is not science, that is guess work, and poor guess work at best. And then they get people to have faith in their theories and guesses. Could have, may have and might have are not scientific terms. It takes more faith to believe in science than it does to have faith in a the Lord God Almighty.

You seem to have little understanding of how science works. There are few absolutes in science. There are statements of accuracy and significant digits.

When a meteorologist states 50% chance of rain tomorrow, that is an accurate statement of the science.

Shall we throw out all weather forecasts as worthless because the TV can not tell where and when each drop will fall?

Likewise when paleontologists tell us the Ordovician period ended about 444 million years ago with extinction of 86% of Earth species, that is accurately reporting the science.

When they tell us of the next great extinction of 75% of Earth's species about 375 million years ago in the Late Devonian period, that is accurately reporting the science.

And they tell us of the third great extinction which ended the Permian period about 251 million years ago where 96% of Earth's species were lost. That also is accurately reporting the science.

And then the fourth great extinction event which ended the Triassic period, how or why is still unknown. But about 200 million years ago 80% of Earth's species ceased to exist in the fossil record. And that is also an accurate reporting of the science.

And finally the most recent mass extinction event about 66 million years ago which ended the dinosaurs' reign on Earth and was the end of the Cretaceous period. 75% of Earth's species came to an end with the impact of an asteroid which left the Chicxulub Crater under the Yucatan Penninsula. This also is an accurate reporting of the science.

I will leave it to you to explain how the remaining species propagated numerous diverse classes, families, and genera again after each of these extinction events.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (007FJ, 1minute, 12344mag, 1badf350, 163bc, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,635 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,597
Posts18,473,504
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.