Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
I get a kick out of guys who call whatever cartridge "boring". Critters don't know or give a damn what cartridge you use to kill them. Dead critters on the ground ain't boring and the '06 will put them there about as regularly as can be.
There it is retard. Do yourself a favor and go get a psych evaluation.
............Well I see that you deliberately deleted a sentence or two from your above post.....You said that I cared more about making a fashion statement than I do about dead critters.....You deleted that part and then reposted your comments.....You are quite the liar and manipulator.....You know as well as I do that you deliberately deleted your accusation......You are damned liar......Nice try azz hole.....
I didn't delete anything retard. Go look at your first response to my post where you quoted me. What a complete and utter moron you are. Dickhead.
.........I did exactly that to make sure....And there was a deletion...Ya know what there Blackie..That was quite cute. Yep.....A deliberate deletion...And how do I know? Simple...Because after u made that accusation towards me, I responded while looking at your accusatory CRAP directly above.....So I know damned well that your accusation towards me was in fact deleted........Again...Nice try.......
Well you know what there bigsleaze. Now you're a goddam filfthy liar and fuggin insane or delusional to boot. I certainly did not delete anything from your quote of my post.
......Yeah ya did liar......You deleted your accusation towards me about,,,,,,,that i was more concerned about making a fashion statement with cartridges than caring about having dead critters....I did not pull that CRAP out of thin air azz hole....I saw exactly what ya typed and typed my response to you while LOOKING DIRECTLY at it......U can deny it all ya want Blackie. But that was exactly what ya did..........

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

HR IC

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Blow it out your ass. Moron. I doubt like hell you could make a quick, humane kill on a chipmonk with a .340 Weatherby.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Blow it out your ass. Moron. I doubt like hell you could make a quick, humane kill on a chipmonk with a .340 Weatherby.

I have one of those. I need to try that. smile

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Maybe I have a weird outlook but, 'squeeze and blakfart sound like a debate among democrats.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Maybe I have a weird outlook but, 'squeeze and blakfart sound like a debate among democrats.

mike r
..........Lol....lol.....lol......yeah but I hate demcraps......lol...lol....lol...

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
.......Do not own a 340 Bee....lol...lol

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I believe Jack O'Connor said it best when He was asked what cartridge would he choose the hunt all of North America while restricted to that one cartridge? He said without hesitation, "The 30-06!" I think that pretty much says it all.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Back in the 60's I started out wanting flatter shooting rounds for wide open spaces. However, now days with evolution changes in scopes, speed is not needed as much and I now like shooting the 06 a lot.

Last edited by StrayDog; 02/21/20.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I read all these threads on the forum and all they do is convince me that the 30-06 is the perfect round. I don't buy into the obscure size interest. If the laws would allow I would have only one caliber.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

mike r

Does anyone besides me think they should either kiss and make up or just STFU? They're contributing nothing to the discussion.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I have rifles in a number of different calibers but the Remington 700 30/06 (165 gr Hornady Interbond) seems to be the one I grab most often. I sometimes wish it shot a little better than it does but it's never failed to deliver and will continue to be my main go to hunting rifle.

I may have to try those new fangled TTSX bullets and see how they shoot but that's more curiosity than anything else as the Interbond does everything asked of it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PSE
I have rifles in a number of different calibers but the Remington 700 30/06 (165 gr Hornady Interbond) seems to be the one I grab most often. I sometimes wish it shot a little better than it does but it's never failed to deliver and will continue to be my main go to hunting rifle.

I may have to try those new fangled TTSX bullets and see how they shoot but that's more curiosity than anything else as the Interbond does everything asked of it.

For a lot of years my Mod 660 308 with 165gr Hornady Spire Point was my go to rifle. There wasn't anything it would do that a whole lot of other cartridge's wouldn't do as well with one exception. I was extremely confident in it!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PJGunner

mike r

Does anyone besides me think they should either kiss and make up or just STFU? They're contributing nothing to the discussion.
Paul B.
.......................How about neither...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tend not to interfere in what appears to be a buddin' online bromance, PJ. blush

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by dubePA
I tend not to interfere in what appears to be a buddin' online bromance, PJ. blush
..............Send me no flowers.......LOL>>>LOL>>>LOL

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by PJGunner

mike r

Paul B.

Couldn’t agree more!

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
W
W
I couldn't agree more. I have reloaded for all my rifles for 30 years. 22-250, .243, 30-30, 30-06, .300 Win Mag, and now 6.5CM. I have taken deer with all except 6.5. When it comes to the smack down stop them in their tracks the '06 gets the nod. My favorite load is Hornady 165 gr BTSP Interlock loaded to 2820 fps..Great B.C. and down range velocity and energy retention. I shoot a Rem 760 Carbine, 18", hot load I know but chrony doesn't lie. Longest shot to date by laser rangefinder is 562 yard on West River South Dakota Mule deer. The thump is always audible and they always drop, no need to worry about blood trailing. It is my go to because I know it, comfortable with it and it shoots so well.. All calibers listed above are great and will take down a deer, but a responsible hunter will focus on ethics and ability, shoot what you shoot well and get good shot placement..

Say What You Mean, Mean What You Say, and "Pass It Forward Everyday"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
A lot of cartridges have come and gone over the years, but I have never owned a .30/06 until 2020! This NH six digit M70 is probably going to earn a permanent spot in my safe! I have some 130gr TTSX loads ready to test as I type.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

-JW
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Jwood
Those 130 grain ttsx @3200 FPS are wicked in the 30-06
Enjoy 👍

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I started hunting in the 70’s. Back then it seemed that if you weren’t carrying something with a belt on the cartridge, there was no way you would ever kill anything. Of course my Gramps always carried his 30-06, and usually always filled his tag. In the early 2000’s I bumped into my first JC Higgins chambered in 30-06. I’d never owned a 30-06, but my growing love for Mausers and pre-64 Winchester’s caused me to start using one. Today it’s without question my favorite cartridge. Most of my hunting today is in an area that requires Shotgun slugs only. But if I go anywhere else, I grab a 30-06. It just works. So do many other cartridges. But I can’t think of a better “all-round” cartridge than the 30-06.

A twelve gauge shotgun, a 9mm pistol, and a 30-06. Not much more is needed. Of course where’s the fun in that!

Last edited by JBabcock; 02/23/20.
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 71 invisible), 2,988 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,194
Posts18,503,541
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.